#1 Edited by fentonalpha (819 posts) -

(Topic does not reflect the ideas or opions of GiantBomb and the GB website)
Tina Sanchez (1up) just annoys the fool outta me.  
Just wanted to get that off my chest.  Anyways, hopefully this isn't a taboo topic, if it is just delete it and pretend it never happended.
Who annoys you?   Also lets leave the GB crew outta this one.
Edit: 3 topics in a row, maybe i should take a break.

#2 Posted by Supermarius (1196 posts) -

at least its not one of those, "who would you kill if you could murder one person for free" threads. :P

#3 Edited by Jeknod (228 posts) -

Adam Sessler, Leigh Alexander and Jessica Chobot.

#4 Posted by fentonalpha (819 posts) -
@Jeknod said:
" Adam Sessler, Leigh Alexander and Jessica Chobot. "
Sessler?! Really?  I dunno who the second is but i agree with #3 wholeheartedly
#5 Posted by Atlas (2445 posts) -

Hillary Goldstein.

#6 Posted by W0lfbl1tzers (1789 posts) -

Frank Cifaldi. 

#7 Posted by Jeknod (228 posts) -
@fentonalpha said:
" @Jeknod said:
" Adam Sessler, Leigh Alexander and Jessica Chobot. "
Sessler?! Really?  I dunno who the second is but i agree with #3 wholeheartedly "
Yes. His stupid loud nasal voice ticks me off.
#8 Posted by BradGrenz (60 posts) -

Jim Sterling is a twat.

#9 Posted by xchris92x (8 posts) -

Jim sterling is a twat.

#10 Posted by Raymayne (1226 posts) -
@Atlas said:
" Hillary Goldstein. "
This this and this.
#11 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -

Jeff Gertsmann, Ryan David, Brad Shoecrafter and that weird italian guy really pisses me off...... 
Actually no one, since I pretty much just visit Giantbomb and don't have any problem with anyone here.

#12 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11008 posts) -
@xchris92x said:
" Jim sterling is a twat. "
I hate that guy too. And Matt Jackassamassina (as I called him) on IGN used to really anger me, but then he left (I think to go work for Apple, which made me dislike him even less), so it doesn't really matter now. 
#13 Posted by Ace829 (2083 posts) -
@BradGrenz said:
" Jim Sterling is a twat. "
@xchris92x said:
" Jim sterling is a twat. "
Jim Sterling is not a games journalist.
#14 Edited by Lawrens (688 posts) -

Don't have names, but I generally don't like the ignorant ones that judges a game before they learned how to play it, or just don't care to, I don't really care what score they give or what games they like/dislike, but if their job is to play a game, then maybe they could pretend they give a shit and actually play it instead of bashing it before doing so, some reviews are really obvious that they just didn't even get through a level or two. 

There are some that trolls for page hits, those I don't like either, it's one thing to troll for the lolz, but another if they don't know what they're talking about and are doing it before they spent enough time with a game, "obvious troll is obvious".

I really don't read much reviews anymore and just read the feedbacks from gamers, they probably play the games more than the reviewers did and provide me with better information, and there really isn't any reason to listen to what some of those people has to say about games. 

#15 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Olivia Munn. If she counts...

#16 Posted by jayhall (41 posts) -

woah woah woah jessica chobot really? REALLY? i guess i can understand that it seems like every word she says is read off a script and she probably couldnt even plug in an xbox but REALLY just look at her. 

for me thought it has to be kevin van ord. I used to love him but now ive just found his opinions are that of a 12 year old. perfect example for starcraft 2 he complained Blizzard played it safe and didnt change it enough
#17 Edited by Kowbrainz (923 posts) -
@SpikeSpiegel said:

" Olivia Munn. If she counts... "

They set her the task of interviewing David Jaffe. Clearly there's someone who thinks she's a journalist... :/

Edit: yeah, I don't like Jessica Chobot or Jim Sterling a whole lot either.

#18 Posted by ShadowMountain (226 posts) -

I quite like Jim Sterling. Maybe I just get his humour. I prefer his 'low-brow' stuff compared to Kotaku's whole 'gaming is high art and philosophy' nonsense. 
Speaking of which:

1) All Journalists on Kotaku (Bashcraft gets mention here)
2) Leigh Alexander (I could forgive her for the first bombcast but in the 2nd one she didn't learn her lession (despite mentioning she had!) and continued to be obnoxious)
3) The 1up rpg blog crew - I'm an rpg fan but their articles are full of BS. I mean comparing pokemon to Starcraft and Street fighter in terms of competative play? Really?

#19 Posted by babblinmule (1262 posts) -

All of the kotaku staff minus Totillo - a 10 year old could write better articles than they do.

#20 Posted by Dudacles (1454 posts) -

Leigh Alexander.

#21 Posted by OwnlyUzinWonHan (1480 posts) -
@ShadowMountain:  I don't have a problem with Stephen Totilo but other than him, I could care less for the Kotaku staff.
#22 Posted by RIDEBIRD (1232 posts) -

Sad that everyone is just saying Leigh Alexander based of her epic Bombcast failure. She is one of the better writers in the biz. 

Tina Sanchez makes me go crazy. Pretty much everyone on IGN except Arthur Gies or Anthony Gallegos. Or well, I hate those two as well when they are forced to read like this in a monotone voice without any apparent commans and or breaks for what seems to go on for like 20 minutes that makes up every video IGN every makes. Phew.

#23 Edited by Jost1 (2077 posts) -

Anyone that fawns over Apple products 

They're good PCs and phones but they're just awful for gaming and I have trouble taking people seriously when they say iPhone is a good gaming platform

Also Kotaku ('cept for Totilo) like someone else here said.  But that site is NOT for me, I'm simply not the target audience.

#24 Posted by LackingSaint (1814 posts) -

I know that Yahtzee doesn't really count, but goddamn Yahtzee. He's the Armond White of video games.

#25 Posted by floodiastus (1262 posts) -

That beardy mcdonald guy or whatever on gamespot that used to review all the sportsgames back in the day when GB worked there. 

BTW what happened to that british guy at gamespot, is he still there. It was so hilarious watching him demo games, he is ten times worse than Brad when it comes to dying in games :)

#26 Posted by MattyFTM (14384 posts) -

Bashcraft gets my vote.

#27 Edited by Bionicicide (1213 posts) -

Brian Crecente - Not humble. eg: See Brad asking about his hair at E3 '10 at Nintendo's conference and freaking out over some Cheap Ass Gamer blog (Xbox Pure) poking holes through Kotaku's hard-line research and thus never credit CAG for "deal" posts even though they are the source of it all 98% of the time.

Leigh Alexander - She ruined the last day of E3 '10.

#28 Edited by ShadowMountain (226 posts) -
@Ertard:  Its not just the bombcast fiascos, I've read some of her stuff and she misses the point entirely. At the end of the day they're just  videogames and she tries (like kotaku) to apply some weird, psuedo intellectual talk and it just doesnt make sense. Like her article about videogame violence. Videogame and real life violence are totally different (the former being 'cartoonish' to the point of being hilarious even at its most grusome) and from that she tries to make this 'profound' (at least to her) point about it and it fails because most of the time her base assumptions are jusy wrong.

Don't get me wrong her - she's fantastic at arguing but the base assumptions she makes at the beginning of her articles - the root of her arguments - are always flawed.
#29 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -
#30 Posted by VWGTI (1919 posts) -
@Kowbrainz said:
"@SpikeSpiegel said:

They set her the task of interviewing David Jaffe. Clearly there's someone who thinks she's a journalist... :/

"

I caught the tail end of that when it was aired live on G4 and I thought it was weird that they were talking about David's penis. Seeing the first part now...wow. Dave is just trying to give his spiel and she keeps interrupting. So annoying.
#31 Posted by EpicSteve (6487 posts) -

Chobot and Sanchez.

#32 Posted by Manhattan_Project (2156 posts) -
@VWGTI said:

" @Kowbrainz said:

"@SpikeSpiegel said:

"
I caught the tail end of that when it was aired live on G4 and I thought it was weird that they were talking about David's penis. Seeing the first part now...wow. Dave is just trying to give his spiel and she keeps interrupting. So annoying. "
Actually I'm pretty sure even Jaffe said it was all joking.

#33 Posted by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -
@dudacles said:
" Leigh Alexander. "
#34 Posted by Jost1 (2077 posts) -
@Ertard said:
" Sad that everyone is just saying Leigh Alexander based of her epic Bombcast failure. She is one of the better writers in the biz.  Tina Sanchez makes me go crazy. Pretty much everyone on IGN except Arthur Gies or Anthony Gallegos. Or well, I hate those two as well when they are forced to read like this in a monotone voice without any apparent commans and or breaks for what seems to go on for like 20 minutes that makes up every video IGN every makes. Phew. "
Well they are pretty monotone when they're on Rebel FM too, I have to say.
#35 Posted by Jost1 (2077 posts) -
#36 Posted by PenguinDust (12515 posts) -

I don't know their names, but there are a couple l think on Gamespot who tend to bring their personal politics into too many of their conversations about games, be it sexuality, militarization or cultural insensitivity.  I don't care if you think Jonny Quest was a racist or if Army recruiters giving away copies of America's Army shames you.  Since it isn't about the games themselves, shut the fuck up on that stuff.

#37 Posted by Stupot (177 posts) -
@dudacles said:
" Leigh Alexander. "
#38 Posted by Synthballs (2193 posts) -
#39 Posted by Brodehouse (9949 posts) -
@ShadowMountain said:
" @Ertard:  Its not just the bombcast fiascos, I've read some of her stuff and she misses the point entirely. At the end of the day they're just  videogames
So, at the end of the day, a book is just a book.  There's no greater meaning to anything.

Jim Sterling.  And all reviewers who believe in a completely iterative 'perfect game'.  They demand complete orthodoxy from developers, punishing unique design choices if they go against past games.  Instead of judging the game based on itself, they judge it against how it matches up to their ideal.  Shooters are not judged on how rewarding they feel, they're judged on how much like Call of Duty they are.  They believe in 10 point and 100 point scales, because deep in their heart they believe there's a difference between an 82 and an 83.  And they believe that they are the audience for anything being released, and judge it as so.
#40 Posted by fuzzyponken (694 posts) -

Tina Sanchez annoys the fuck out of me. That she didn't lose her job at 1UP while countless better people got the door is a fucking travesty. 

#41 Posted by Kieran_Smith5 (142 posts) -
@Kowbrainz:
After that terrible act how can you even call her a game journalist.
#42 Posted by 71Ranchero (2767 posts) -

Jim Sterling and Tim Rogers. 

#43 Edited by skrutop (3615 posts) -

I subscribed to Leigh Alexander's RSS feed for awhile, but I never felt that her point of view resonated with me at all.  Maybe it's because she seemed to be complaining all of the time.  Then she got all obnoxious - twice - on the Bombcast.  I don't care to hear another word that she has to say.

#44 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -
@PenguinDust said:
" I don't know their names, but there are a couple l think on Gamespot who tend to bring their personal politics into too many of their conversations about games, be it sexuality, militarization or cultural insensitivity.  I don't care if you think Jonny Quest was a racist or if Army recruiters giving away copies of America's Army shames you.  Since it isn't about the games themselves, shut the fuck up on that stuff. "
Heaven forbid someone who'se job it is is to give you their personal opinion about games, gives you their personal opnions about the games.
#45 Posted by natetodamax (19205 posts) -

Leigh Alexander.

#46 Posted by MachoFantastico (4687 posts) -

Even though I'm British, I find Jim Sterling awful. He tries way to hard to be unique and it really comes off cheap and tasteless. Always laugh when I see an IGN video featuring Jessica Chobot, the comments are usually in the vain of 'Oh, look at her boobies' or 'will you marry me Jessica' having said that, I think she does care about games and she gives a damn. Oliver Munn on the other hand is shockingly bad.  

But there not technically game journalist so probably not the best picks :)

#47 Posted by Gamer_152 (14078 posts) -

You know those Giant Bomb guys really grind my gears. Seriously though, for those here saying "Leigh Alexander" how many of you have actually read her work?

#48 Posted by PenguinDust (12515 posts) -
@GlenTennis said:
" @PenguinDust said:
" I don't know their names, but there are a couple l think on Gamespot who tend to bring their personal politics into too many of their conversations about games, be it sexuality, militarization or cultural insensitivity.  I don't care if you think Jonny Quest was a racist or if Army recruiters giving away copies of America's Army shames you.  Since it isn't about the games themselves, shut the fuck up on that stuff. "
Heaven forbid someone who'se job it is is to give you their personal opinion about games, gives you their personal opnions about the games. "
Yeah, I think I said it wasn't about the games themselves but their politics surrounding games.  If I was to read a review of an automobile, I would like to be about the car and not whether or not they believe people who drive SUVs are fascists.
#49 Edited by ShadowMountain (226 posts) -
@Brodehouse: The difference is between intended and accidental meaning. Most of the stuff she and kotaku analyse is accidental meaning. Yes its still meaning but I've no interest in that just as ive no interest in a lot of poetry since I could write a random poem while drunk and some english professor somewhere (not knowing I was drunk/putting thought into it) could read it thinking I came up with profound insight when in fact I was just pissed. 

My main point is that they draw conclusions that is far away from the little/subjective evidence. Put it this way; I'm an engineer doing some extra study for a project at a uni at the moment for a company I work for and for any little claim I make I need some strong evidence to back it up. From multiple sources.  If I do similar evidence-to-faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away conlusion  that they do I would be laughed at by the academics at the uni and the tech staff where I work.
#50 Posted by RVonE (4638 posts) -

775 MILLION DOLLARS!!