• 146 results
Adamantium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#101  Edited By Adamantium

MGS2, when I first realized I had to play the rest of the game with some lame-@$$ Gray Fox wannabe named after the electric guy from Mortal Kombat.

Then again when it turns out Campbell isn't Campbell but an AI with the digital equivalent of Montezuma's Revenge.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#102  Edited By tebbit
@MordeaniisChaos said:
" @jakob187 said:
"Is this the part where I come in here and troll with the "the beginning of MGS4 killed it for me, because I realized it was just going to be all movie and no game" comments?

Anyways, in all seriousness, the level scaling issues in Oblivion ended up turning me off of that game...and Elder Scrolls in general.  Hopefully, it'll get fixed in ES5.
"

I definitely agree on that Elder Scrolls thing.

For me though, sadly, was the first Harry Potter games final boss. Sad I say, because I actually fucking played a Harry Potter game to completion. Nothing against Harry Potter, I fucking adore the series, but the games where shite. Anyway, fighting the last boss was such a fucking pain. It was comlpetely unclear on HOW you killed him, and when you eventually figured it out, it was a great big pain in the ass to actually do it.Oh god.. And the first half life game... In fact, ANY last generation Half Life game, eventually had me fucking STUCK. I don't know why, but I just couldn't figure out where to go. Which is weird, because playing Half Life 2 and all the episodes, I usually feel like I know exactly where I'm going before I even need to, they do such a good job with that in 2. "
I remember that asshole in Harry Potter. My uncle got it for me as a well guided "the kid likes games right?" birthday present. God-damn was that boss hard! Ridiculous.

And I agree with the MGS4 comments. They should have just kept the ending vague as all hell after the gunshot, not HEY ITS THAT GUY WTF IS HE DOING HERE NEVER MIND, SNAKE I AM YOUR FATHER. NO WAY DUDE. SERIOUSLY. ALSO, WHEELCHAIR MAN, SHIT HE'S DEAD.
Sigh. The rest of the game was amazing though. I just pretended that last part was the standard kojima "after the credits roll you get all this additional stuff" part. But then he did that as well...

Also, Abes Oddysey when I got through the whole game just to die at the end. That crap is hard to deal with when you're like 8!
ToxicAntidote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#103  Edited By ToxicAntidote

I didn't like the whole idea about monsters in Far Cry. I really liked it as a nice and dandy FPS where you was dealing with terrorists on an tropical island. But then the damn monsters started to appear, and i went "WTF!? NOO! Don't do this to a great game like this!"

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#104  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Final Fantasy 7 when i realized during the ending that every one in the world had died except the animals that the planet had killed them with holy.

euge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#105  Edited By euge

Persona 3: fes
I almost gave up on it when I was killed with hama for the first time after not saving for about 2 hours :/ but I gave myself 2 weeks off and got straight back on that horse.

Farcry 2 and the respawning guards was annoying. But not as annoying for me when I died and was rescued twice by my buddy's only to find that they were killed after we had dispatched all the enemies in the area. The first one I didn't realise until after id saved again but the second I kept going back to stop it from happening but he kept dying for no reason. No gun shot, he would just keep falling from 2 foot off a bump and die, wasted all my health packs on him too. I'd pay the developers another £5 to patch both those things and I would spend hours on that game and not feel cheated.

The demo of uncharted stopped me from buying it, too many enemies that took too many shots to kill...daft.

Fallout 3 : Level cap, and (now the no longer) exclusive expansion packs for MS

Halo 2 : Uninventive drivel after a very good original game. Plus I don't want to play as the alien dude, don't make me.

Za3r0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Za3r0

Played the GOW 1 multiplayer. i haven't played it since it came out and haven't touched number 2. the multiplayer is bunk

Turtlefuzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#107  Edited By Turtlefuzz

I didn't mind playing as Raiden through Metal Gear Solid 2.

But Naked Raiden almost made me never want to finish that game.

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Illmatic

In Oblivion, the fact that I had spent hours upon hours leveling and training my character only to enter a cave and be utterly destroyed by some sort of troll/bear hybrid utterly ruined the game for me. Level scaling is good and fun, but at least give me some sort of reward for having increased strength with weapons because sneaking abilities aren't of much use when I'm stuck in a hallway with torches along the wall and the only points of escape are the door behind me (which enemies can follow you through) and the bear/troll barreling towards me at the front.

Prototype ruined itself for me with a similar problem. I had spent so many points on health boosts, attack upgrades, and a period of invincibility when near death that never seemed to work right and after frustration at the boss similar to the tentacles that resembles a worm of some sort I quickly shut off the game and put it back in its GameFly sleeve the moment I attempted to infiltrate a base in which my cover was blown due to a ridiculous combination of soldiers able to detect the virus, stations able to detect the virus, flying machines able to detect the virus, and tanks all aimed at yours truly. Fuck that game. No seriously, FUCK IT.

Adamantium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Adamantium
@turtlefuzz said:
" I didn't mind playing as Raiden through Metal Gear Solid 2.But Naked Raiden almost made me never want to finish that game. "
Lol! Yeah that was bad. *shiver*

Don't get me wrong: I wouldn't have minded a new protagonist in MGS2, if i had been informed of his place as the main playable character for most of the game, and if he hadn't been a crappy carbon copy of Frank Jaeger.

But the whole, "Psych! Gotcha! You're not Snake anymore, just a Gray Fox fanboi; now go stop Dead Cell"  was enough to kill the game for me. I collected all the dog tags and beat it with 0 kills/alerts and all, but that game is a sore spot in a great series for me.
lucas_kelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#110  Edited By lucas_kelly

The end of GTA 4.

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By ververdan0226
@turtlefuzz said:
" I didn't mind playing as Raiden through Metal Gear Solid 2.But Naked Raiden almost made me never want to finish that game. "
Oh God, I remember that. It became really awkward when my dad came into my room while I was playing that. He was a little uhh... weirded out, to say the least. And then he started making jokes about how crazy those damn Japanese are.
Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#112  Edited By Tordah

Mafia - The dull and slow-paced driving sequences.

Neverwinter Nights - Realizing half-way through the game that I choose to play as the most boring character possible (fighter).

Icewind Dale - Encountering an enemy immune to physical attacks early on in the game that killed my party no matter what I tried.

Fallout 2 - Getting attacked by the whole damn mutant town when I was trying to help them! Reloading an older save didn't help either, I still got attacked the very moment I set foot in the town. Ungrateful bastards...

Gears Of War - Dying for the 15th time in a row at the end of act 3 (after the huge boss) killed my patience. I still haven't finished the game even though I really like everything else about it.

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#113  Edited By VWGTI
@Illmatic:

Wow, that's sounds crazy (what you said about Prototype).
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By The_A_Drain
@Tordah:

just to let you know, that is an unfortunate bug :( It pissed a lot of people off, but it's not supposed to happen if that makes you feel any better :) (The ghoul town in Fallout 2)
Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The end of HL2. I was hoping they'd change it from HL1. But they didn't, they just made it worse. And people complained about Halo's cliffhanger ending at the time? HL1+2 both have big cliffhangers. So yeah I was kinda frustrated about that with HL2.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By The_A_Drain
@TripMasterMunky:

HL1 doesn't have a cliff hanger, it's open ended as they didn't know if they were going to get a sequel. There's a huge difference. Besides, if you don't take his offer, you die, no cliffhanger there :P
ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By ververdan0226

Just remembered one- Far Cry 2. Those fucking guard checkpoints and the fucking guards who attack you every fucking second. I wanted to love that game, but my God that aspect stabbed it, raped it and left in a ditch on the side of the highway for me.

Otherwise, a fairly good game.   :)

Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#118  Edited By Kiemoe

I played the first level of Nights. So that's never getting anywhere near my Wii again.

Final Fantasy XII, just the fact that no character gives a fuck about each other, and it was all about politics.

Metal Gear Solid 2, when... well you know when.
vilhelmnielsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By vilhelmnielsen
@RHCPfan24 said:
" @VilhelmNielsen said:
" @RHCPfan24 said:
  • Max Payne - I got stuck at one point and never got past it. It wasn't even a firefight, I just didn't know where to go. Probably my fault.
Help me help you, we can get through this together... Where did you get stuck? "
Haha, that was on my Original Xbox and I don't even know where it is anymore (I do still have it though) that it would be more hassle than anything. I could start again on my Xbox 360 though.... Like I said, it was more my fault but I just didn't play it again after that....stupid me = / "
I'll tell what part ruined it for you... The where it wasn't on PC. That game rocked the PC!
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By The_A_Drain
@VilhelmNielsen:

I had a similar experience with the original, I absolutely loved it to bits don't get me wrong, loved it, played it over and over again (up until this one point at least) but the last dream sequence was utterly unplayable for me, I could never ever get past it, stopped playing there. That was on PC.
Avatar image for buzz_killington
buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#121  Edited By buzz_killington
@Milkman:
Dude, I just bought a PS3 with 5 games including Uncharted. I was planning to play it soon, and I'm sure I would've had much more fun without knowing the super-natural twist or whatever. 

P.S.  You're just a pure 100% certified faggot for telling me the real ending.
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#122  Edited By StarFoxA

Running out of ammo in Fallout 3, with no healing items, forced to fight several Super Mutants.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By CL60
@StarFoxA said:
" Running out of ammo in Fallout 3, with no healing items, forced to fight several Super Mutants. "
Don't you just hate that? :(
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#124  Edited By StarFoxA
@CL60: At that point, I turned off the game and went to play something else.
thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By thatpinguino

The end to lost odyssey.  The final dungeon has about five connected areas that all look identical.  I was lost for a few hours constantly running into random encounters before i realized that i really didn't care how that game ended.

vilhelmnielsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By vilhelmnielsen
@The_A_Drain: The nightmares also sucked. As Ryan Davis has said numerous times, it was a neat idea, that should have been used for one level, not three.
Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Jimbo

Speaking of Lost Odyssey. (from wiki, *SPOILERS*)

"The immortals talk and begin to recover their memories, realizing that they are actually observers from a parallel universe, who, due to temporal differences, appear to have immortality."

What?  WHAT?! 

This was the point where I flipped out and never played that game again.  The dream sequences were totally sweet though.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By The_A_Drain
@Jimbo said:
"Speaking of Lost Odyssey. (from wiki, *SPOILERS*)

"The immortals talk and begin to recover their memories, realizing that they are actually observers from a parallel universe, who, due to temporal differences, appear to have immortality."

What?  WHAT?!  This was the point where I flipped out and never played that game again.  The dream sequences were totally sweet though."

Once it gets explained it's much more tolerable.

Anyhow, yeah I stopped playing Lost Odyssey because I made a stupid mistake, I didn't pick up whatever item gives me immunity to petrification, and every single enemy in the first section of the final dungeon has a petrify > All spell, got game over twice then never played it again, wasnt a concious choice I just decided "I wont look for that item today" and then the next day something else shiny came along and I forgot all about it.

Still, even with that bullshit petrification at the end, remains the best JRPG of this generation imo.
meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By meteora
@Bigandtasty said:
" @Meteora said:
" Gears of War 2: those 'radio cutscene' were you can only walk slowly and have to go through all of that dialogue crap.
You can press the back button to get past most of them.
"
You are a life saver.
nvmfst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By nvmfst

The Bath House Dungeon in Persona 4 and the Hulk Hogan Persona.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By subject2change

Last 2 hours of MGS2
Uncharted when the zombies/monsters shit came out disappointed me.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#132  Edited By TheGreatGuero
@Meowayne said:
" @TheGreatGuero said:
For the record, I live in L.A. and have never seen any dragons. "
On the other hand, you don't find GlaDOS funny. So, I'd rather have this "no dragons in LA" thing confirmed by someone else. "
Ah, yes. Good call. My validity is now in question because I thought some obnoxious, psychopathic robot wasn't very funny. But let's not forget... you never even finished the Fire Temple in Ocarina of Time. That's just wrong, bro.
super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By super_machine
@Eric_Buck said:
" Uncharted when all those damn aleins came and it turned into a survival horror. Like what the fuck!? Still a great game though... "
I'll take that one step further. When all those zombie things were chasing me towards the Submarine control room door, the game locked up. Damn it!!! I still love the game though.
I had a few issues with infamous. A few times I did a thunder drop straight through the ground plane into oblivion.
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By LiquidPrince
@freakin said:
" There were Aliens in Uncharted?Was it better or worse pulled off than the last Indiana Jones movie?Yes the spoilers just keep coming in this thread. "
There were no aliens in Uncharted. He's using secret code.
ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#135  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Okay so this just happened to me recently and I kind of have to get it off my chest. So two weeks ago I got Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts and I was loving it. So I got pretty far into the game and the only area where I don't have all of the jiggies is in Logbox 720, because I hate that level, it's a cramped level with far too much crap in it. So right now I'm stuck with this stupid flying race in act 4 and every flying vehicle I have is either to slow or so fast that they control like crap. So I haven't been able to collect the jiggie for that level and it is destroying the game for me. The real reason why this is bugging me is the fact that this would be the first Banjo Kazooie game where I didn't get all the jiggies, I even got them all in that terrible Game Boy game. I can't continue even though I want to see the ending because the idea of completing the game without having all of the jiggies just does not compute in my brain.

kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By kashif1

the triforce hunt in wind waker killed the game, i stopped playing for a month and then got bored enough to finish it.

lukeyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By lukeyk
@kashif1 said:
"the triforce hunt in wind waker killed the game, i stopped playing for a month and then got bored enough to finish it."

Same here, I even used that thing where it like told you where they where but i just couldnt be bothered, in the end i cam back to it cos it was around the only Zelda game I havnt completed.

Bioshock the beggining where you see that first splicer. It happens like in the first 2 minutes but i was playing at like 3 in the morning pitch dark, and my T.V completly fucked up, making it scary as hell. I turned it off straight away. Eventually i mustered up my courage and beat the game easily. 
tovan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By tovan

I'm not really sure why, but I have no intention of playing Overlord again thanks to the part where you get the blue minions, it sucked the fun out of the game for me, which is really a shame.

woodtsunami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By woodtsunami

The ending in Fallout 3 pretty much ruined that game for me. 

Oh and while playing Morrowind when I realized it wasn't like Oblivion. That destroyed my experience...
darkspirit138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By darkspirit138

MGS4 when you follow that dude to Big Mama (Although I LOVE that game)
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door-When you have to make those little splodges follow you. Completely pointless, took far too long, and it almost made me stop one of the greatest Gamecube games of all time. Thank God I didnt.
 But seriously, almost every game has one part in which it almost completely sucks. Hopefully the rest makes up for it. And this isnt too Jesus Christ like.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By The_A_Drain

Just had another one, Phantasy Star II when you get to Dezo :\  I was expecting the game to end, but instead I got much more powerful monsters and another 5 dungeons ahead of me, plus if Rolf dies I now cannot use shops or teleport home because only he can wear the stupid language cap.

natsumesosexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By natsumesosexy

The last quarter of Indigo Prophecy was a total gangland execution of all my hope and affection for that title.  Not only did the game, largely marketed on the player's ability to affect plot outcome, end with a meaningless choice, but the story itself went from atmospheric murder mystery to just like, naked farce.  I'll never forget the epilogue cutscene, where the protagonist, now undead (yes, undead) narrates very un-ironically about how he and his love interest have moved in together and are "trying to make it work."  I still cringe.  Ugh.  That game was sort of like meeting a really charming and beautiful woman only to learn she's into watersports.  So much allure, so much disappointment.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By The_A_Drain
@natsumesosexy:

I wasn't so much dissapointed as I was utterly fucking shocked by it. The minute it started going all dragonball Z my face was perma-locked in a "WTF?!" position until the end credits. I'm still so shocked I can't decide whether I thought it was the best thing ever, or the worst.
natsumesosexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By natsumesosexy
@The_A_Drain said:
" @natsumesosexy: I wasn't so much dissapointed as I was utterly fucking shocked by it. The minute it started going all dragonball Z my face was perma-locked in a "WTF?!" position until the end credits. I'm still so shocked I can't decide whether I thought it was the best thing ever, or the worst. "
I don't think I would have minded the sudden vault into epic territory if it hadn't been so jarring.  The game put a quite a bit of effort into creating a very specific, vaguely sinister ambiance, so to have that abrupt about-face towards the "epic" felt pretty clumsy and hobbled together.  At least for me.  Pacing is everything, especially for a game like that.
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By The_A_Drain
@natsumesosexy:

Yeah, I just couldnt process what the hell was going on, if it were better thought out maybe it wouldnt have been so jarring.
Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Meowayne

I would like to go back and pinpoint the exact moment Fahrenheit became retarded.