• 108 results
#1 Posted by jeanespinosa21 (87 posts) -

What is your game of the year so far? In all honesty i think the only game that can dethrone infinite and the last of us would have to GTA V or watchdogs even though i personally don't like GTA unless it's san andreas but i will admit people love those games but what game do you think is game of the year so far? And what game may dethrone them? I'm still stuck between the last of us and bioshock although I'm leaning more to the last of us

#2 Posted by Lumley (964 posts) -

My GOTY so far? Bioshock Infinite. Actual GOTY? I have no doubt that it will be GTA V.

#3 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

It might be Watch_dogs for me. Infinite was real good but I got bummed because of the DLC.

#4 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

It might be Watch_dogs for me. Infinite was real good but I got bummed because of the DLC.

#5 Edited by cloudymusic (1230 posts) -

BioShock Infinite made a strong argument for the title, but Watch_Dogs and GTA5 are looking hopeful as well.

#6 Posted by Aviar (452 posts) -

Are there any exclusives coming out to the next gen consoles? I can't think of any, but I was wondering if they would have to do a previous gen and "current" gen goty.

I'm hoping that Watch_Dogs is going to be as good as it sounds and comes out as goty.

#8 Posted by Slag (4861 posts) -

DOTA 2 is the leading candidate so far since it "released" this year,hard to see that one being toppled for myself

Also in the running Fire Emblem. Awakening, Last of Us, Tomb Raider, Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen because I love DD.

probably Beyond Two souls and Gone Home once I play them.

#9 Edited by TheLastGunslinger (310 posts) -

Currently my short list is:

• DMC: Devil May Cry
  • Fire Emblem: Awakening
  • Bioshock Infinite
#10 Posted by Verendus (348 posts) -

The Last Of Us.

#11 Posted by ThePickle (4166 posts) -

Right now it's Last of Us, but holding out hope for GTA V.

#12 Posted by jeanespinosa21 (87 posts) -

@aviar: no there is no exclusives coming out day one that cant be contenders unless somehow forza or drive club get it but i severely doubt it.

#13 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen for me.

#14 Edited by BeachThunder (12407 posts) -

BioShock Infinite so far. I would say that the most likely game to dethrone it is Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs.

#15 Posted by Animasta (14719 posts) -

short list:

Europa Universalis 4

Tomb Raider

Zeno Clash 2

#16 Posted by AlexW00d (6433 posts) -

EU4 obviously.

#17 Edited by RonGalaxy (3266 posts) -

Strong Candidates for GB top 10

Antichamber

Luigis Mansion: Dark Moon

Bioshock Infinite

The Last of Us

DOTA 2 (I see brad really putting up a fight for this)

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

PAPERS, PLEASE (Glory to Arstotzka)

Gone Home

Yet To Be Released, But Strong Candidates

Disney Infinity

Rayman Legends

Puppeteer

ARMA 3

GTAV

Beyond Two Souls (could go either way. Could also be VERY disappointing)

Batman Arkham Origins (I have a feeling its gonna be a letdown though)

Arkham Origins Blackgate (I have a feeling this could be a big surprise)

Ass Creed 4 (Iffy, but I'll still put it. Has lots of potential)

Watchdogs

Tearaway

Hotline Miami 2 (might not come out this year though)

Here's my wildcard prediction for the top 10.

1. GTAV

2. Last of Us

3. Bioshock Infinite

4. Watch Dogs

5. Papers Please

6. DOTA 2

7. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

8. Tearaway

9. Gone Home or B:AO Blackgate

10. ARMA 3

I get all the money if this is right

#18 Posted by mrpandaman (872 posts) -

It's Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons because there aren't any other game (let alone 10) this year that has or will wow me and surprise me as much at that.

Anyways...

I'm holding out for GTAV and Watchdogs and other surprises, because I'm not sure what would be my GOTY so far.

#19 Edited by Pr1mus (3946 posts) -

Right now it's still DmC and The Last of Us a close second.

GTA V and Watch Dogs are really the only games that could take first place because they're likely the only games i'll buy for the rest of the year.

Also realistically there's no way i'm not gonna have GTA V in first place come the end of the year.

#20 Posted by Capum15 (4992 posts) -

I'm just going to pre-emptively tie Saints Row 4, GTA V, and Watch_Dogs as winners.

#21 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5818 posts) -

Shin Megami Tensei IV.

It's challenging, dark, and packs a ton of content. Also, for a handheld game, it looks pretty good.

Basically, it's everything I wanted from a sequel to Nocturne.

#22 Posted by spraynardtatum (3670 posts) -

I can't see how it won't be GTA V.

So far I've really liked Bioshock, Last of Us, and The Swapper.

It's been a really good year for games. It's going to be a strong finish too.

#23 Edited by SomberOwl (723 posts) -

Ni No Kuni

#24 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12106 posts) -

Fire Emblem Awakening, because of course it is.

#25 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -
#26 Posted by Yummylee (22538 posts) -

The Last of Us. Nothing has even come close for me, not even BioShock Infinite. The next in line thus far for me would probably be Metal Gear Rising. Though I do have annoyingly high expectations for GTAV, which at least looks like it could be a pretty big contender.... Actually I'd even go as far as to say GTAV looks like it could potentially be the Game of the Generation... But as of now all that really means is Rockstar's marketing and video editing team are Gods of their craft.

#27 Edited by Milkman (17312 posts) -

Of the 4 games I've played, I liked Last of Us the most. It's hard to see that changing but you never know.

#28 Edited by jdh5153 (1034 posts) -

Call of Duty: Ghosts

#29 Posted by AlexW00d (6433 posts) -

@jdh5153 said:

You're the worst at trolling, you really are.

#30 Posted by BaneFireLord (2957 posts) -

Thus far it's Bioshock by default, since it's the only 2013 title I've bought and played through in 2013. I'm pretty sure GTA's going to my overall winner, though. I can see my ultimate list looking something like this:

1. Grand Theft Auto V
  2. Bioshock Infinite
  3. Watch_Dogs
  4. Assassin's Creed IV
  5. Battlefield 4
  6. Civilization V: Brave New World
  7. Saints Row IV
#31 Posted by BigJeffrey (5176 posts) -

GTA 5 No Fucking Doubt

#32 Posted by BigJeffrey (5176 posts) -

@alexw00d said:

@jdh5153 said:

You're the worst at trolling, you really are.

Jeff will undoubtedly give it a 5

#33 Posted by Hunter5024 (5962 posts) -

This is going to be a really tough choice in December. Right now its between Fire Emblem: Awakening, Bioshock: Infinite, and The Last of Us, and there are still a bunch of games I'm excited about that haven't come out yet.

#34 Posted by Lyisa (390 posts) -

Patrick might put in a Fire Emblem mention on his personal list, but Giant Bomb won't be on the right side of this one as a whole =(

#35 Edited by LackingSaint (1854 posts) -

This is going to be a really tough choice in December. Right now its between Fire Emblem: Awakening, Bioshock: Infinite, and The Last of Us, and there are still a bunch of games I'm excited about that haven't come out yet.

This guy knows what's up.

#36 Posted by Hector (3378 posts) -

As of now, easily The Last of Us. Haven't played such a well built game/story in a while.

#37 Posted by punkxblaze (2990 posts) -

I'm somewhere between DMC and Bioshock. Make no mistake, I'm not delusional, I know DMC has no chance of winning any GOTYs and really doesn't stand up to most of the tent pole releases of 2013, but I love it anyway.

#38 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

@bigjeffrey: When he gave Black Ops, Black Ops 2 and Modern Warfare 3 4 stars?

#39 Posted by punkxblaze (2990 posts) -

@canteu said:

@bigjeffrey: When he gave Black Ops, Black Ops 2 and Modern Warfare 3 4 stars?

But dogs.

#40 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Released this year or played this year?

#41 Edited by Canteu (2821 posts) -

@punkxblaze: All 3 of the games I mentioned have dogs in them too.

#42 Posted by el_tajij (718 posts) -

Up until a week ago I would be really undecided. Now I can safely say it's Dragon's Crown. It feels like it's the game I've been waiting for since a little kid. Sorry Bioshock, sorry Metro, sorry TLOU, sorry Kentucky route zero, rogue legacy, Tomb Raider, League of Legends, Shadowrun Returns, Ni No Kuni and Starcraft 2 HotS. You're all awesome but that's just the way it is. if you haven't played it and you own a PS3 or Vita. Your missing out on a HELL of a game. Vanillaware - you've made a new fan this year.

#43 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

@lumley said:

My GOTY so far? Bioshock Infinite. Actual GOTY? I have no doubt that it will be GTA V.

I hate judging things by their trailers, but with Rockstars track record and the features they've shown off, I'm fairly sure this will be mine too.

#44 Posted by Giantstalker (1726 posts) -

Company of Heroes 2, but nobody else here plays and Brad butchered it in the QL so I suppose it won't even get mentioned.

#46 Edited by LiquidPrince (16168 posts) -

Last of Us

Bioshock Infinite

Tomb Raider

as it currently stands.

#47 Edited by csl316 (9428 posts) -

Tomb Raider. Loved it so much.

On a side note, this has been one of the best gaming years in a long, long time (well, 2007 was pretty damn good). There's just constantly something excellent to play, be it an indie or AAA title. Could even be the best since it's not just a couple good months at the end of the year.

#48 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1253 posts) -

Right now either Fire Emblem Awakening or Ni No Kuni. TLOU and Bioshock were okay for me, the stories were the real reason to play those games, but the gameplay was just lacking. Animal Crossing and Shin Megami Tensei 4 are up in my list though. Strange year. A lot of games that I was looking forward to turned out to be disappointing.

#49 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2609 posts) -

I couldn't even tell you right now. My bets on my Game of the year are either GTA V or Pokemon Y. Rayman Legends also has a strong possibility.

#50 Edited by ImmortalSaiyan (4701 posts) -

I barely played games this year. I am hoping Divekick is a good as I think it is. If so it is GOTY.