• 59 results
mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By mikey87144

What's your favourite game that came out this year and what game do you think should win GOTY?

For example, my favourite game of this year is BattleField Bad Company 2. IMO the multiplayer experience is much preferred over CODMW2 bugtastic mess and the single player, while not as good as MW2's, does have some nice moments and a couple of chuckles. The game I think should win GOTY though is Super Mario Galaxy 2. I've never played a game with so much variety before or since. The only proper way to describe this game is to just give them a controller and tell them to play it. Just wow. And it's my 4th favourite GOTY behind Red Dead, Mass Effect 2, and BattleField

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By mfpantst

I'll wait until the year has completed thank you.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By FancySoapsMan

My favorite game so far has been New Vegas. If it had been released without so many bugs, it would definitely deserve the GOTY award. It's so much better than anything else that's come out in 2010.

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By jasta

Mass Effect 2 has had my vote since I finished it, can't see something else topping it in the next few months.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Vinny_Says

so....BBC2 is better than a game that game out last year? I agree that it deserves high praise but not because it compares to another game favorably. Also I'm pretty sure the debate on the 3 hour podcast will be between Jeff and Mass Effect, and Brad with Red Dead Redemption.

delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By delta_ass

Mass Effect 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite game of 2010: Mass Effect 2 
My pick for GOTY 2010: Mass Effect 2

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By jeanluc  Staff  Online

So far its Mass Effect 2, but the year isn't over yet.
Ursus_Veritas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9  Edited By Ursus_Veritas

Favourite game of 2010 is probably Halo: Reach, mainly because I have so much fun with the multiplayer. GOTY however I would give to Mass Effect 2. Such an outstanding game!

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By zombie2011

Mass Effect 2 is the GOTY.   
Followed by Halo: Reach and Red Dead. 

I haven't played Fable 3 yet, but that will probably be up there for me also, seeing i love everything about the Fable series.

Avatar image for theseductivemoose
TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Fallout: New Vegas.

DoomHK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DoomHK

Mass Effect 2 gets my vote.

Waffles13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Waffles13

Halo Reach.
Red Dead.
Mass Effect 2.
New Vegas.
 In no particular order.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By imsh_pl

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, hands down.

I'm gonna play this game for years.

Aetos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Aetos
@imsh_pl said:
" StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, hands down.

I'm gonna play this game for years. "
yep. Even though I'll take breaks and play other games I will always come back to it. I haven't played in a few weeks but I still watch matches online almost everyday.
IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By IBurningStar

I am really leaning towards Red Dead Redemption on this one. Then again, I can't help but think I am forgetting about something, so that might not be my final answer.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Red Dead Redemption didnt leave any space in my mind to even consider another GOTY 

RDR is a divine fucking game.

Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By Nate

Red Dead Redemption!  No doubt in my mind.  I can't see any game touching this spot for me in the next couple months.

Mass Effect 2 was distant 2nd for me.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dany

Jeff has not played RDR a lot from what i gathered and I can see the other three clearly wanting RDR with Jeff in ME2..... 

RDR has great music, atmospheree characters, story, protagonists, antagonists, a gameplay system that is fun, side missions that are good....

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#20  Edited By BeachThunder

I suppose ME2 still. Although, I can't really say I feel the same way about it now as I did when it was first released.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#21  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

The year is far from over but for me it's either going to be Mass Effect 2 or Halo: Reach.

Nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22  Edited By Nate
@Dany said:
" Jeff has not played RDR a lot from what i gathered and I can see the other three clearly wanting RDR with Jeff in ME2.....  RDR has great music, atmospheree characters, story, protagonists, antagonists, a gameplay system that is fun, side missions that are good.... "
I could see the other three saying to Jeff - "go play Red Dead tonight and we'll resume tomorrow"  :)  Interesting, however, that Giant Bomb never posted a review for RDR. Also, although they seemed to love it, they didn't mention still playing it at all after the first 2-3 weeks. Maybe that's just the way it goes when you basically play every game that comes out.
Also - aren't we forgetting that Brad is obsessed with Starcraft 2?  
Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Mass Effect 2, words cannot describe the feeling I had playing it.
Red Dead Redemption offered a lot of things to do, beautiful scenery and a setting that was unexplored for a few years (sort off, Call of Juarez and all that).
Halo Reach was a awesome new Halo, I will be playing multiplayer for months (even years perhaps like H3) to come with all its options, modes and challenges.
Metroid Other M is another personal favorite, easy to get into gameplay that still was able to pose a challenge and learning curve for certain enemies and bosses.

I could go on with a few more, but 2010 is a real splendid gamer year so far, with games like New Vegas also getting positive ratings and Fable 3 sounding to be a good game, we can't really complain.
I think every type of gamer/genre has been getting his share this year.

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By mesoian

Vakryria Chronicles 2. Seriously, go fucking play it. 

runner up: Mario Galaxy 2, ME2.

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By phantomzxro

I will say that Mass Effect 2 is my favorite game at the moment and i would also say it should be game of the year. No game has got me hook this year like mass effect 2 and i'm still going back to it and replaying it.
phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By phantomzxro
@Dany said:
"Jeff has not played RDR a lot from what i gathered and I can see the other three clearly wanting RDR with Jeff in ME2.....  RDR has great music, atmospheree characters, story, protagonists, antagonists, a gameplay system that is fun, side missions that are good.... "

I don't know about that brad for sure may put RDR over mass effect 2 because he never was hooked on it but i would say he would put starcraft 2 over RDR. I'm not sure if ryan is sold on RDR being game of the year. I would think vinny would side with Mass Effect 2 given he read everything about it.
BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#27  Edited By BeachThunder

Having just finished Amnesia, I have to say that it's now in my top spot. IMO, it's almost a perfect realisation of survival horror; a great scary experience that was really well thought out by the developers :D

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#28  Edited By LackingSaint

Probably Minecraft.

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By X19

I want to play AC3 before I decide.

sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 21

#30  Edited By sarahsdad
@X19 said:
" I want to play AC3 before I decide. "
Same here; ACII was 2nd on my list last year. Not sure if it'll win over ME2, but still very interested.
spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#31  Edited By spiceninja

Red Dead Redemption is game of the year without a doubt.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#32  Edited By spazmaster666

Probably between ME2 and RDR. If I had to choose, I would probably choose ME2.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#33  Edited By Icemael

If the year was to end now, Espgaluda II Black Label. Because of the beautiful, detailed 2D graphics. And the kickass soundtrack. And the cool medieval sci-fi setting. And the amazing bullet patterns. And the brilliant Kakusei system.

owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By owl_of_minerva
@Icemael:  Interesting choice. I'm considering importing the two region-free Cave shooters for the 360, what are the language options like?
Avatar image for ravenousrattler
Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Ravenousrattler

Red Dead Redemption, is without question my GOTY 2010.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#36  Edited By phrosnite

Mass Effect 2 - the bestest game of 2010

tofford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#37  Edited By tofford
@blacklabeldomm said:
" so....BBC2 is better than a game that game out last year? I agree that it deserves high praise but not because it compares to another game favorably. Also I'm pretty sure the debate on the 3 hour podcast will be between Jeff and Mass Effect, and Brad with Red Dead Redemption. "
I don't expect a huge debate this year. Right now Mass Effect has it in the bag I reckon although I do want a big debate I love them
Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Lukeweizer

Red Dead Redemption.

RobDaFunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By RobDaFunk
@Dany said:
" Jeff has not played RDR a lot from what i gathered and I can see the other three clearly wanting RDR with Jeff in ME2.....  RDR has great music, atmospheree characters, story, protagonists, antagonists, a gameplay system that is fun, side missions that are good.... "
THIS.
csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#40  Edited By csl316

for a while Mass Effect 2 would've been it for me, no question (disappointing story, aside).  but then Starcraft 2 took over a couple months of my life and now I'm not so sure (despite the disappointing story there, too).  

and yes, Mario Galaxy 2 was one helluva game.  i thought the first one was alright, but i love the sequel to no end.

Reach was a lot better than I expected, and i had a lot of fun with Bad Company 2, as well.  God of War III was pretty damn good, too.  it's been a good year, it'll be tough to narrow it down

RobDaFunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By RobDaFunk
@Ravenousrattler said:
" Red Dead Redemption, is without question my GOTY 2010. "
ALSO THIS.
dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#42  Edited By dtat
@Dany I have a feeling Jeff won't be the only one fighting for mass effect. I can easily see Ryan or vinny joining him.
Avatar image for deactivated-6204297b0c601
deactivated-6204297b0c601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@Nate said:
" @Dany said:
I could see the other three saying to Jeff - "go play Red Dead tonight and we'll resume tomorrow"  :)  Interesting, however, that Giant Bomb never posted a review for RDR. Also, although they seemed to love it, they didn't mention still playing it at all after the first 2-3 weeks. Maybe that's just the way it goes when you basically play every game that comes out. Also - aren't we forgetting that Brad is obsessed with Starcraft 2?   "
Jeff has addressed the lack of a review for RDR; they didn't get a review copy pre-release, and by the time they bought and played it, a review wouldn't have been timely.  Since it got mostly great reviews, they didn't see the point in putting up another one echoing the same points a few weeks after the game came out.

I think the discussion is going to come down to RDR, Mass Effect 2, and StarCraft 2, with either RDR or ME2 taking it.  Personally I'd vote for Red Dead.
Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#44  Edited By Cirdain
Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#45  Edited By Icemael
@owl_of_minerva said:
" @Icemael:  Interesting choice. I'm considering importing the two region-free Cave shooters for the 360, what are the language options like? "
All the menus are in English. The tutorials and the mode descriptions are really the only important things that are in Japanese, but you can easily find fan-made guides to that stuff online (and those guides are better anyway, as they contain information you can't find in the in-game tutorials -- character differences, for example). I used the ones at the shmups forum:

Espgaluda II
Mushihime-sama Futari Ver 1.5
wealllikepie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#46  Edited By wealllikepie
@Jasta said:
" Mass Effect 2 has had my vote since I finished it, can't see something else topping it in the next few months. "
this
owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By owl_of_minerva
@Icemael:  Thanks for the links, I will definitely check those games out.
Sushbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Sushbag
@imsh_pl:  I think it's a harder decision than you would think. SC2 may be without a doubt the best game overall, as the campaign is superb and multiplayer should only going to get better over the years. However, there's a laundry list of disappointing factors with Battle.net. How much they have to do with Activision Blizzard's corporate-level decisions I don't know, and they may all be addressed in patch 1.2, but so far we have: 

• Absurd restrictions on custom map uploads, and an absurd EULA clause for custom map makers. This could hurt the long-term development of the custom map community, something that gave the original SC so much added life.
  • Custom map search/join functionality has been confirmed by Blizzard as being horrid, but after nearly 4 months nothing has been done.
  • Blizzard claimed they would add chat channels after release, nothing has been done after nearly 4 months.
  • Blizzard claimed they would add cross-realm connectivity, nothing has been done after nearly 4 months.
  • Tournament players are left wondering if Battle.net will cease functioning in the middle of, say, the MLG national SC2 finals for 2 hours. No LAN support currently planned as far as I know.
  • We waited a little more than 3 years from announcement to release only to get these problems along with a stellar underlying product. The projected admitted dev cycle for the 2 expansions is 18 months per, that's a hell of a long time until the full trilogy is complete, and based on the current product we have to assume there is a risk of more such problems occuring with them as well.
Avatar image for weegieanawrench
weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By weegieanawrench

Favourite game of the year: Red Dead Dedemption 
GOTY: I hope it's Red Dead, but ME2 is pretty tough to best.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By MikkaQ

To those saying the year isn't over, come on. It's over.  

I'd say Mass Effect 2, really. That and Red Dead impressed me more than anything else. Best multi would be between Halo Reach and BFBC2. I'd mention CODBLOPS, it's great fun, but not different enough from last year. It almost felt like a roster update for a sports game or something. Not huge changes going on.