• 72 results
#1 Edited by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -

It's called Seven Kingdoms, and takes place after the deaths of

King Robert Baratheon and Hand of the King, Eddard Stark

And the developers plan to release a trailer... this month, at Comic-Con.

I'll only be happy if I can play as White Walkers or those dirtbag sea-people.

MMO fatigue, or do you wanna play this? I can only hope it's more in the style of something like Mount and Blade. Man, that gets my dick stiff.

This is either a picture of a dwarf, or a dude with incorrect knees.

#2 Posted by bwheeeler (431 posts) -

I bet this is going to be a great video game!

#3 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Can't wait for more people here to complain like mindless idiots about a game we've seen nothing about simply because it's an MMO. =D

#4 Posted by Akeldama (4244 posts) -

Was nothing learned from 38 Studios?

#5 Posted by Marcsman (3180 posts) -

I give up on a decent GOT's game.

#6 Posted by N7 (3587 posts) -

The history of MMO's is dark and filled with terrors.

#7 Posted by Toxin066 (3283 posts) -

When you play A Game of Thrones: Online, you either win or you die.

#8 Posted by AlexW00d (6238 posts) -

@CL60 said:

Can't wait for more people here to complain like mindless idiots about a game we've seen nothing about simply because it's an MMO. =D

Can't wait for people to complain about even more pointless things than this being an MMO.

#9 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4415 posts) -

Winter is Coming Winter 2013

#10 Posted by Jimbo (9804 posts) -
@CL60 said:

It's a F2P browser-based MMO. Predicting it will be awful is about as mindless and idiotic as predicting that the sun will rise tomorrow.
#11 Posted by august (3836 posts) -

Welp.

#12 Posted by MoseSSesoM (235 posts) -

Good, there are not enough MMOs out there. Its time for the genre to get some notice.

#13 Posted by BigDaddy81 (320 posts) -

Oh dear lord. Starting to feel like GoT is getting a little overexposed nowadays. Soon we'll start seeing GoT tie-ins with McDonald's Happy Meals....

....which I would totally buy.

#14 Posted by Benny (1952 posts) -

If it's a standard static MMO I couldn't care less, but the world has so much awesome potential if they allow for politics and castle take-overs and assassinating King Joffrey (presumably?) and crazy stuff like that, I would definitely be interested.

#15 Posted by Phatmac (5725 posts) -

Not enough fantasy MMO's so this should be great...

#16 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

@CL60 said: 

I was just about to do that! 

Another commercial cheap-shot MMO hoping to make money off its popular name? This is getting ridiculous. 

#17 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Please don't ruin a universe that I've barely sunk my teeth into.

#18 Posted by Animasta (14673 posts) -

how long do I have to level before I get to winter

#19 Posted by Phatmac (5725 posts) -

@Animasta said:

how long do I have to level before I get to winter

Level 0. YOU ARE IN WINTER!!!1

#20 Posted by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

I fully admit to TRYING to read the first book... I just don't get it. It is barely descriptive of what is going on and you have to have a character sheet or a glossary for this kind of story which has so many random names... Is the show any good because I cannot get into the books at all.

#21 Posted by SirPsychoSexy (1328 posts) -

If they do it right it could be cool... I guess.

#22 Posted by Redsox44 (482 posts) -

@Jay444111: The books are amazing don't know what you're talking about, but yea the show is still pretty damn good without reading the books. If only it would have a really good video game too, I don't think this'll be it.

Crusader Kings 2 mod is good enough for now!

#23 Posted by Brodehouse (9881 posts) -

House Stark is full of carebears and House Tyrell are loot ninjas! NERF TARGARYENS FUCK.

I was trying to get a group together in Dragonstone and there's like no one there!

#24 Posted by VierasTalo (745 posts) -

Who is making it?

#25 Posted by Elazul (1327 posts) -

@CL60 said:

More like "shitty MMO is coming", AMIRITE?!!

#26 Posted by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

@Redsox44 said:

@Jay444111: The books are amazing don't know what you're talking about, but yea the show is still pretty damn good without reading the books. If only it would have a really good video game too, I don't think this'll be it.

Crusader Kings 2 mod is good enough for now!

I guess I just don't... "Get" Fantasy literature... Like Lord of the Rings. That books series is basically unreadable for me. I mean, I can read them just fine. Just that all the made up names and descriptions that can go one for HUNDREDS of pages sundered my damn soul. Trust me, I got to the middle of Two Towers and I just could not finish it...

Science fiction though. Thank goodness authors know not to write in old timey fashion and stuff! Hardcore science fiction is IMO way more accessible than fantasy.

#27 Posted by Triumvir (474 posts) -

The history of GoT/ASoIaF games is pretty abysmal (this coming from someone who kinda enjoyed the recent RPG, despite it's massive, massive flaws). This one, from the turdmancers over at Bigpoint, will likely be the worst of the bunch, which is saying something.

#28 Posted by Mystyr_E (1190 posts) -

there's just one important question that needs to be asked

can we **** us some women? And more we do it, can it raise our stamina stat?

#29 Posted by Example1013 (4834 posts) -

@Jay444111: idk what you're talking about, Game of Thrones is light reading tbh. If you want to read something so boring it's painful, pick up a copy of Last of the Mohicans.

#30 Posted by Brodehouse (9881 posts) -

Don't let Lannisters in your group, they're just huntards who need on everything even if it's not for them. And Baratheons always pull aggro.

#31 Posted by cspanick (50 posts) -

This has SOO much potential the show is amazing, especially the first season and I would love to be immersed in this world with lore while questing.

#32 Posted by HarlechQuinn (447 posts) -

@VierasTalo: Don't know who the actual developer is... but it will be published by Bigpoint... So I wouldn't set my expectations too high...

#33 Posted by WarlordPayne (700 posts) -

@Jay444111: Do you like tits and cursing? If you do then you'll probably like the show.

#34 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2294 posts) -

I would've preferred a more polished up sequel to the RPG that just came out. I rather enjoyed it, which is telling since I really don't like Dragon Age

#35 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@Akeldama said:

Was nothing learned from 38 Studios?

#36 Posted by Butler (384 posts) -

I wonder when Wrath of the White Walker King will be released.

But on a side note there are elements integral to the books/show that make this series what it is that wouldn't translate well to a game. The incest/rape/character relationships create a very complex level of tension and that creates an interesting viewer experience; how that will translate to gameplay has me a bit weary. I feel like guys who worked on the Witcher would do well on this project.

#37 Posted by SomeJerk (3216 posts) -

If they get the environments right it'll be worth the trip. Falldamage-talk.

#38 Posted by Tarsier (1057 posts) -

i hope its good but its probly going to be horrible

#39 Posted by Redsox44 (482 posts) -

@Jay444111: Eh I thought Game of Thrones was actually pretty easy to follow even with the amount of characters, it's just really well written. Maybe because I had watched the first 5 episodes of the show before starting to read the books and it was easier to match faces to the names, maybe you could try that. Or at least just watch the show, it's awesome.

The books are really interesting once you get a handle of the characters and I'm already on book four now , way ahead of where the show is and am excited to see all the things I read be brought to life in the show.

#40 Posted by Flacracker (1660 posts) -

Meh... The world of ASoIaF is pretty plain. It has some castles here and there. It gets cold for long periods of time. There are animals. Zombies. There is a wall and north of it it is snowy. The lore and world is nothing compared to LotR, with elves, dwarves, mines of moria, thick woods with live trees, orcs/goblins, magic. I just don't think it will make a great MMO. I like the ASoIaF books because of the current plot. I just think the lore and world is generic crap.

#42 Edited by Ares42 (2625 posts) -

@VierasTalo said:

Who is making it?

My first thought too. I'm inclined to think it's not a well known company (as that would've probably been mentioned), which also leads me to the conclusion that this will probably not be an amazing game.

EDIT: qoute from eurogamer: "A new trailer for the free-to-play browser-based role-playing game from Battlestar Galactica Online and Drakensang Online developer Bigpoint will premiere at San Diego Comic-Con later this month."

Ye... not gonna hold my breath for this :P

#43 Posted by Sploder (917 posts) -

I would have been interested in the MMO but you just mentioned a Game of Thrones in the style of Mount and Blade and now I'm too busy salivating over the potential of that. It's great because I already play M&B like a self-serving asshole who betrays and murders everyone, so making it play into and react to my anarchism would be wonderful.

#44 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -

@Sploder said:

I would have been interested in the MMO but you just mentioned a Game of Thrones in the style of Mount and Blade and now I'm too busy salivating over the potential of that. It's great because I already play M&B like a self-serving asshole who betrays and murders everyone, so making it play into and react to my anarchism would be wonderful.

I'm pretty amazed no one has released anything similar to Mount & Blade since M&B itself. Hell, if they knew how games worked at all they'd hire the Mount & Blade dudes to make a GoT game, and just throw money and man-power at them.

#45 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -

Well that franchised quickly. Shit, just a little over the first season airing and there's already about 5 games and an mmo

#46 Posted by N7 (3587 posts) -
@Pinworm45: I know right? Now they are talking about these four books.

Man, this thing blew up.
#47 Posted by Aegon (5541 posts) -

@BraveToaster said:

Please don't ruin a universe that I've barely sunk my teeth into.

Just don't pay attention to it if you think it'll ruin something.

#48 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -

@Feanor: You're a horrible person.

#49 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

@CL60 said:

Still smarting over ToRtanic?

#50 Posted by Feanor (1387 posts) -

@FunExplosions: Why? Whats wrong with wanting to witness some video game violence?

@SeriouslyNow: ToR is a fine game