"GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER!?" : Aliens:Colonial Marines is alive!

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By Gizmo

Aliens:Colonial Marines is alive and kicking, and I think I speak for all of us when I say, this is a huge opportunity for an incredible game.

I hope to Christ this screenshot isn't pre-rendered.

The game has been swaying in the wind for a few months now but today these worries were thrown out the window due to a new release schedule plan made public by Sega.

It's set for a Q1 release at the moment, but Kotaku reckons that means that it's more likely going to see a April-June release slot.
There are a few things I want to see in this, the next-gen spiritual successor to the excellent AVP games on the PC.

• Some kind of AI director, similiar to Left 4 Dead's, which would greatly increase replayability, tension and pure horror.
  • Shit-loads of aliens: Just give us satisfying weapons with a lot of Aliens to shoot and GearBox, you're on to a winrar.
  • Competitive multiplayer component: And not just a Marine vs Marine death-match, Left 4 Dead has laid the guidelines for co-op competitive multiplayer, this game could really pick-up and succeed where Valve left off.

"When Aliens get horny"

I'm really liking the graphical style of these screen-shots, it has a ultra-realistic look to it. For me, one of the best parts of AVP1+2 was walking around with a flashlight, trying to wonder where the hell the next checkpoint was. This game needs to have a great lighting system. One of the minor niggles of Left 4 Dead for me was that other team-mates flashlights did not appear to light up, this game needs this, crucially.

As a fan of the first 2 Alien films, I think that their video-game adaptions have been better then the vast majority of film tie-ins.
And maybe, just maybe, if you squint hard enough, you can see what could be, the Halo 4 game engine, it's made by the same people after all.

This is Gizmo, signing off.
Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Gizmo

Aliens:Colonial Marines is alive and kicking, and I think I speak for all of us when I say, this is a huge opportunity for an incredible game.

The game has been swaying in the wind for a few months now but today these worries were thrown out the window due to a new release schedule plan made public by Sega.

It's set for a Q1 release at the moment, but Kotaku reckons that means that it's more likely going to see a April-June release slot.
There are a few things I want to see in this, the next-gen spiritual successor to the excellent AVP games on the PC.

• Some kind of AI director, similiar to Left 4 Dead's, which would greatly increase replayability, tension and pure horror.
  • Shit-loads of aliens: Just give us satisfying weapons with a lot of Aliens to shoot and GearBox, you're on to a winrar.
  • Competitive multiplayer component: And not just a Marine vs Marine death-match, Left 4 Dead has laid the guidelines for co-op competitive multiplayer, this game could really pick-up and succeed where Valve left off.

"When Aliens get horny"

I'm really liking the graphical style of these screen-shots, it has a ultra-realistic look to it. For me, one of the best parts of AVP1+2 was walking around with a flashlight, trying to wonder where the hell the next checkpoint was. This game needs to have a great lighting system. One of the minor niggles of Left 4 Dead for me was that other team-mates flashlights did not appear to light up, this game needs this, crucially.

As a fan of the first 2 Alien films, I think that their video-game adaptions have been better then the vast majority of film tie-ins.
And maybe, just maybe, if you squint hard enough, you can see what could be, the Halo 4 game engine, it's made by the same people after all.

This is Gizmo, signing off.
Hdfisise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Hdfisise

Oh man I can just imagine walking in a corridor alone just to hear the motion detector start to beep....

Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By DragoonKain1687

As long as it has the atmosphere of Aliens and they include some Alien moments, then Its a certain buy for me. Though I hope its not similar to L4D, and it gets more similar to a mix of Gears of War and CoD4.

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By super_machine

I enjoyed the first AVP game. It was great, you could play as USSMC, aliens or predators. Hope this version gives the option to play an alien campaign.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By sweep  Moderator

Pure Horror is much more scary than Impure Horror.

PURE HORROR!!
PURE HORROR!!
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HandsomeDead

I wish they weren't featuring any Alien 3 stuff in it, but I am still really looking forward to this. I'm also still praying for some kind of cast involvement from the earlier films. Lance Henriksen, at least, would be a perfect fit.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pause422

This isn't a next gen successor to those games dude, even if it turns out well, I'm pretty sure it doesn't give you ability to actually play as the aliens at all. It will be mediocre to alright at best the way it looks, but nothing more really. Also I'm wondering what that "I hope this screenshot isn't prerendered" thing isn't because you somehow think that screenshot looks amazingly good or something....there's been 50 other games that have better visuals that this game, it looks fine, but its still nothing no one has seen before.

All the comparisons to L4D you're making too, I'm pretty certain this game isn't anything like it...yeah it has co-op, but more in the Halo or Gears term, where its just co-op, and that's it.. it isn't going to be like L4D as in you'll want to replay everything a ton, its not coming out to be that kind of game, just a co-op campaign, and probably some mp. I guarantee also, this isn't gonna have the aliens playable, they never once tried to say this was a next successor to AVP, its nothing like it, I mean, there have been rumors that it could be like the "Gloom" mod for Quake 2, but its nothing more than rumor at this point, which would be Humans VS Aliens. Even if that is true, it won't be anything like L4D, or AVP I'd imagine.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

I thought this game was shit-canned?

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By End_Boss

God that Alien's face looks like a vagina.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HandsomeDead
End_Boss said:
"God that Alien's face looks like a vagina."
That's the point.
End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By End_Boss
HandsomeDead said:
"End_Boss said:
"God that Alien's face looks like a vagina."
That's the point."
You're the point.
Stupid.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Linkyshinks

It looks fucking awesome. I'm a massive Aliens fan.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Gizmo
Linkyshinks said:
"It looks fucking awesome. I'm a massive Aliens fan."
Same here, and it does look fucking awesome doesn't it?
I'm thinking sleeper hit...
temperedvortex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By temperedvortex

This game is gonna be awesome! I can't wait for it

joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By joeybagad0nutz

When is this 2010?

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By Lies
@JoeRiccadonna said:
" When is this 2010? "
There hasn't been any word out of this project for half a year. No one really knows what's happening with it.