Game related dreams

Cwaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Cwaff

I am someone who can remember their dreams extremely well. I dream every night and the majority of them have some relation to gaming. Last night was no exception...

I haven't played Killzone 2 yet but I heard all about the complaints of the control system. So anyway in my dream this shady guy in a van was driving around where I live. He was kind of like a video games rental man... it was weird... Anyway, some friends and I tracked him down and he asked us what we wanted. I can't remember what they got but I decided to give Dead Rising a shot. So he tosses a pile of stuff out his window and drives off. Along with Dead Rising was a sword... which was something to do with Ninja Gaiden and it was made of wood... and it was kind of like a stick... I picked it up and started swinging it around but it broke apart on me and I was quite annoyed that the guy would probably fine me for breaking his stick/sword. Next I went to play my games but for some reason I wasn't playing Dead Rising, it was Killzone 2 but the controller was like a light gun. Except it was extremely heavy, so heavy in fact I could hardly lift it off the table. This meant I was trying to play the game and was complaining that the controls felt too heavy.

Next dream, also happened last night is only semi game related. I was walking through a shopping centre and walking past a game shop. There were loads of people gathered around a man with a microphone. I went over to see what was happening. The man picked a random person out from the crowd, it was a strange, rough looking guy. Then he told the guy to tell him what game the song playing over the speakers was from. He had no idea so I whispered to him "Persona 3". So he says "Persona 3" and he was right. He then won a free copy of the game. So the guy thanked me and asked me to come with him. While we were walking along he suddenly was a little kid. So we kept walking and then he somehow got annoyed with me and started picking a fight. I didn't want to hurt the kid so I didn't retaliate. He was however inhumanly strong. So he was pulling me through this shopping centre while I tried to shake him off. Then I grabbed onto a random desk in the middle of the centre. He pulled both me and the desk along the ground. So I grabbed onto yet another random desk, but it still didnt stop him. Next we got to a revolving door which he was halfway through when the desks managed to jam the door. It was my opportunity to escape. I tried running, but the floor was so slippy I was running on the spot. Eventually I managed to crawl forward and find a nice hiding spot. However he quickly came after me, I was running up stairs as he went down opposite ones just trying to get away. That's when someone told me I could purchase upgrades for my health and stamina from Luigi... So I went over to Luigi and I'm not sure what I bought... but then I woke up :P

So, do any of you guys have game related dreams which you would like to share?

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Aurelito

I dreamed of playing GTA IV in summer of 2007. That's my only game related one.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By penguindust

I used to have WOW dreams.  Dreams that took place in WOW and everyone was animated as a WOW 'toon but talked and moved normally.  Usually the subject of conversations wouldn't even be WOW related, it was just Azeroth that was the setting of the dream. This usually happened after a very long playtime of WOW ending in the wee-hours of the morning.

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Bullet_Jr

I had a dream (right when Fallout 3 came out) that I was a survivor of nuclear holocaust. Everything in the dream was vacant, only rubble and shells of vehicles were left. Even worse, I woke up panicked and disorientated, thinking I was still in the dream. I went outside to see if anything was different. It literally blew my mind finding that there was no nuclear holocaust and making the shift from fantasy and reality.

I've also had dreams of Tetris shapes and dreams of playing online Halo but neither were as strange as the above.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Snipzor
Bullet_Jr said:
"I've also had dreams of Tetris shapes and dreams of playing online Halo but neither were as strange as the above."
Ah yes, the Tetris Syndrome. Once I had played for four hours straight and when I had stopped, I saw nothing but falling blocks for thirty minutes.
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Interesting dream. Over the past year or two I have been dreaming a bit more than usual about video games, these dreams are usually pretty garbled and boring. However the other night I did have a dream where I found an option on the menu screen of one of my DS games which unlocked access to every 2D Mario game ever made, if only...

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Black_Rose

I had a dirty dream that included Zero Suit Samus...does that count?

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By PureRok

I mostly have dreams of zombies, vampires, and other mystical creatures of the night. Probably because I'm pretty obsessive about those things.

Most of my dreams are what people would consider "nightmares". I like nightmares; you wake up with your heart pumped full of adrenalin. It's a great feeling.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Linkyshinks

I once dreamed that I was in Santa Destroy's Area 51, shopping.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By maxszy

Yeah, I do. Not all the time, but especially when playing a game I really like, or waiting in anticipation for one. Also, if I play a game late into the night and then turn it off and try to go straight to bed, the game dreams are for sure more prevalent. I think the last one I had was while I played Fallout 3 last month or so.

But as far as dreams on a regular basis go, I really dream about stuff that is really interesting me at the moment. For instance, I've been watching a lot of Babylon 5 lately, and thus have been dreaming about that.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By crunchUK

i had a funny gears 2 dream where i was marcus fenix and i robbed a bank, escaped through the mancannon and drove off in a hog while  giant enemy crabs chased me whereupon i fell off the cliff in rats nest kiling the dream me and i woke up with a shock

i iwsh i dreamt as much as i did when i was small, i used to remrmber them really vividly, like this time where i was really obsessed with "catching them all" in pokemon gold so i was in the safari when suddenly a crazy wuboofett  at level 50 appeared and the grass turned into crayons (dont ask) and the wubbofett had jaws and yellow and red spiral eyes and made a very strange sound that was like BLOOBLOOBLOOBLOO except it was terrifying and so i open my bag to get a pokeball but the crazy wobbufett has turned all my pokeballs into ethers and HM 01s and then the wubbofett used confuse on me and escaped. So i enter the pokemon center and see crazy wubbofett agasin with a nurse hat and another terrfiying moment. Then it kinda warps off the screen and i enter a teleporter and it takes me to the department store so i asked the shopkeeper for pokeballs but they were poisonous so i got rushed to a pokemon center and then headed to the kanto-johto train and i spot wubbofett on the other side of the rails. He makes that noise again *BLOOBLOOBLOOBLOOBLOO* and i think HM should i jump across? the train leaves and i wobbufett is over there. But the rails are red hot, if i land on them i will surely die. I jump, but i fail and i remrmber dying as an epic numbness and blackness then suddenly a taxi appeared and i woke up

phew. I should totally blog that

END DREAM

snide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By snide

I dream about games all the time, usually when I'm playing something a whole lot over a short period of time. I also put myself to sleep by thinking about playing certain games. Dunno why, but the process of thinking about playing specific aspects of games always puts me to sleep within 10 mins.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#13  Edited By AgentJ

Lol, i have game related dreams alot, but the one that sticks out to me was either just before or just after SSBB came out, and I had a dream that i was controlling myself with the Wii remote in the classic format (which is how i always play). So I'm walking around by pressing left or right on the d pad, jumping by pressing up, and punching my work buddies with the 1 button. Don't ask about my Final Smash. That was a good dream...

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By crunchUK
snide said:
"I dream about games all the time, usually when I'm playing something a whole lot over a short period of time. I also put myself to sleep by thinking about playing certain games. Dunno why, but the process of thinking about playing specific aspects of games always puts me to sleep within 10 mins."
street fighter 4...... because its so boring ha ha
Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Bullet_Jr
AgentJ said:
"Lol, i have game related dreams alot, but the one that sticks out to me was either just before or just after SSBB came out, and I had a dream that i was controlling myself with the Wii remote in the classic format (which is how i always play). So I'm walking around by pressing left or right on the d pad, jumping by pressing up, and punching my work buddies with the 1 button. Don't ask about my Final Smash. That was a good dream..."
I'm going to ignore your suggestion and ask about your final smash.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#16  Edited By AgentJ

*sigh* fine Bullet_Jr. 

I turned into Leon Kennedy and shot a Rocket Launcher at Salazar. Then Ada ran away with the sample. 
I know, it doesn't make any sense, but it betrays what my hopes for 3rd party characters in Brawl were...
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Karmum

I don't know the last time I had a game-themed dream, except for the one long long time ago when I dreamed of having Pokemon Gold.

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By angelkanarias

Today I woke up and remembered I had a delightful dream. In my dream I was able to get in the Battefield Bad Company 2 Beta and I was just playing around, blowing buildings off. The interesting part is I was the character, not me using the controller, wich is understandable giving that that is the objective of videogames.    Well, it isn't extremely awesome, I just wish I could remember more dreams and in detail.

roach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By roach

I once had a dream where I was forced to complete every race and unlock everything in GT 5: Prologue. It was one of the worst nightmares I ever had.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By EvilTwin
@Cwaff said:
"So anyway in my dream this shady guy in a van was driving around where I live."
@Cwaff said:
"There were loads of people gathered around a man with a microphone."
Neither of them happen to be this man, do they?

@Black_Rose said:
" I had a dirty dream that included Zero Suit Samus...does that count? "
Only if you relay the dream to us, in explicit details.
Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Kohe321

Last video game dream I had was about uncharted 2 shortly after it came out. This is a cool story:

It was actually a lucid dream (the ones you can control): I dreamt that I was jumping around the Himalayas, like Drake and the native did in the game. It was awesome, and I didn't want to wake up. At 8 o'clock in the morning (this was on a saturday) I was brutally dragged out of my awesome dream because the dorbell rang... Greeting me was some idiot dad selling lottery tickets to help support a local little league fotball club, where the main price probably was some crappy homemade cake he and his family had made. I quickly said "not interested" and went back inside and tried to resume my dream, but it was gone.

Cwaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By Cwaff
@EvilTwin: I have had a dream about that guy, once but the day after I saw that website...

He was the main character of a persona game...
bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#24  Edited By bed

once i had a dream that i was on mars and i was ramming my truck through a bunch of buildings and smashing stuff with my sledgehammer. 

when i woke up, i went straight to the PS3 to play Red Faction: Guerrilla