Game Room in HD video

Rincewind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Rincewind

Whoa, It's like almost being in an arcade now. Almost. The crisp 8-bit action is the whole reason I got a years sub.  :)

DeadFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By DeadFish

I haven't been able to watch any HD videos on the site yet. Are there only specific ones? The quality seems to be the same as "high" so far.

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By PerryVandell

HD with the endurance run seems strange to me. You are viewing something in 720p even though the game isn't in 720p. I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation, my brain is just shot from sitting in front of my computer for 8 hours non-stop.

Togechu64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Togechu64

I dont really see the difference, I opened a "high" game room and a "HD" game room at the same time and couldn't tell the difference. What am I missing?

jeremy.hasse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By jeremy.hasse

720p video streaming atari 2600 checkers is when God says, "that's it, humanity, I'm pulling the plug"

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By mosdl

HD is only available for past 2 days I think right now, they are slowly converting the rest

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#7  Edited By alistercat

It's not even in HD. You're fooling yourself. There's only like... 1 HD video up at the moment.

fakename50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By fakename50

Video quality between HD and High seems very small, I hope it's just because it's re-encoded, and the video released from now on out is better.

Togechu64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Togechu64
@AlisterCat: Didnt they say that almost all videos are HD now? And if you're right then which one IS HD?
alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By alistercat
@Togechu64 said:
" @AlisterCat: Didnt they say that almost all videos are HD now? And if you're right then which one IS HD? "
Only the Wii Party trailer is in HD right now, but even then you can't watch it in HD from the player. Only download. Look at Dave's twitter. They said they'll be encoding the back catalogue over the coming weeks but content from yesterday forward will be 720p immediately.
deadmonkeys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By deadmonkeys
@AlisterCat said:

" @Togechu64 said:

" @AlisterCat: Didnt they say that almost all videos are HD now? And if you're right then which one IS HD? "

Only the Wii Party trailer is in HD right now, but even then you can't watch it in HD from the player. Only download. Look at Dave's twitter. They said they'll be encoding the back catalogue over the coming weeks but content from yesterday forward will be 720p immediately. "
I was wondering why my test-HD download of the Infamous 2 gameplay video wasn't at 720p. This explains EVERYTHING.
alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By alistercat

Also just to clarify, the videos currently presented when you click HD seem to be place holders as they are 640x360 H.264, AAC MP4s. I guess they didn't want to roll out a HD button and then have it lead to nothing while they try to encode everything.

Edit: A quick tip too. If you are using windows and playing these MP4s downloaded from giant bomb there is a H.264 gamma bug in the Windows version of Quicktime. The video might look a bit washed out and light. Open in a different player to view it properly. This isn't Giant Bomb's fault.

fakename50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By fakename50
@AlisterCat said:
" Also just to clarify, the videos currently presented when you click HD seem to be place holders as they are 640x360 H.264, AAC MP4s. I guess they didn't want to roll out a HD button and then have it lead to nothing while they try to encode everything.  Edit: A quick tip too. If you are using windows and playing these MP4s downloaded from giant bomb there is a H.264 gamma bug in the Windows version of Quicktime. The video might look a bit washed out and light. Open in a different player to view it properly. This isn't Giant Bomb's fault. "
Thanks for the info.