Game trailers GOTY awards

sofakingcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By sofakingcool

Has any one been checking these out? Fat princess beat out Shadow complex and Trials. Demon's Souls, yes DEMON"S SOULS, beat out Dragon age. WTF? Am I crazy or has Game Trailers gone off the deep end?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

Demon's Souls is an excellent RPG and much more innovative than Dragon Age. Dragon Age is a brilliant RPG but it kept very close to the already well established formula for their RPGs.
sofakingcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By sofakingcool

I cant even beat the first level of demo's souls, but thats not why I don't like it. It just has a very unattractive dark and muddled world.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Venatio

Yeah Ive watched all of them that have already been revealed and I will watch the rest

Also, Dragon Age should have won best RPG

jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By jimi

Demons souls is a very good game, but dragon age should have won. I played through demons souls and all the while it just felt clunky.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Vorbis

GT comments always make me laugh, the outrage that Demon's Souls won was great reading.

Dogma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Dogma

The only thing I don't like about GT Awards are the stupid ass comments I scroll through after every damn video. People have serious issues about accepting others peoples choices and throw words as biased, review grades, sold units everywhere and god knows what to defend their own opinion.

I respect Gametrailers decisions though. I allways found them a good source for reviews. I for example understand why Demon's Souls won even though I have no interest whatsoever in the game. 

@Vorbis said:

" GT comments always make me laugh, the outrage that Demon's Souls won was great reading. "
QFT
Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rhaknar

i hate to say shit like this, because I really dont believe it usually... but GT seems very...I wont say biased, but leaning towards PS3 side lately (the blatant ps3 ad narrated by non other than GT's own brian jones was very WTF in a multisystem site). There are some odd choices, and its clear they will give Uncharted 2 a million awards, but in the end, opinions are opinions.

I own both shadow complex and fat princess, and complex in my opinion is clearly the best dlc game this year, BY FAR. Princess is cool but it got old really fast for me. 

I cant comment on Demon's Souls because its not out in europe, but I doubt I would enjoy it more than DA from what I've seen of it

Not putting Borderlands in the best new IP is insane aswell.

Ill still watch the videos, they are well produced, but the only GOTY list I care about is...my own. And giantbombs :P but first my own (which you can see in my lists :P)

Dogma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dogma

Please stop talking about the bias thing! Please! Do people remember the begining of last year when there were total rampage because of Killzone 2? By that time Gametrailers, Edge, Gamespot etc, all where Xbox 360 biased, according to the fanboys. Now when the PS3 people are happy you don't hear this anymore and instead hear about PS3 bias. Wierd, ain't it? 

People want to find a logical reason that others don't think as they and sadly the first things that pop into their head is bias and paid off reviewers, wich is insane thinking. If you listned to all the people that talk about paid/bought publications EVERYONE would be biased or bought. It's so sad that the first thing people think is that the integrity of a publication is the first and most logical reason they don't think as them. 

One more quick thing. The reason GT likes PS3 more this year may be because the consoles have realeased some pretty awesome games this year while 360 is slacking off. I myself think the same way. I'm much more positive about the PS3 this year than during last year and the year before (2007) the PS3 was kind of a joke. Good games make the console more attractive. Makes sense, right? 

@Rhaknar  - this is NOT an attack on you but what you said made me want to say some thing that I wanted to say all day after have read the comments on GT Awards and after been following this behaviour this year.

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By C0V3RT
@Dogma said:
 One more quick thing. The reason GT likes PS3 more this year may be because the consoles have realeased some pretty awesome games this year while 360 is slacking off.   
 I couldn't disagree more.  Aside from Uncharted 2 and inFamous, there wasn't anything special that you couldn't find on another console.  2010 is looking bright for the PS3, but 2009 wasn't a banner year by any means.
Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Rhaknar
@Dogma said:

" Please stop talking about the bias thing! Please! Do people remember the begining of last year when their were total rampage because of Killzone 2? By that time Gametrailers, Edge, Gamespot etc all where Xbox 360 biased, according to the fanboys. Now when the PS3 people are happy you don't hear this anymore and instead hear about PS3 bias. Wierd, ain't it?  People want to find a logical reason that others don't think as they and sadly the first things that pop into their head is bias and paid off reviewers, wich is insane thinking. If you listned to all the people that talk about paid/bought publications EVERYONE would be biased or bought. It's so sad that the first thing people think is that the integrity of a publication is the first and most logical reason they don't think as them.  One more quick thing. The reason GT likes PS3 more this year may be because the consoles have realeased some pretty awesome games this year while 360 is slacking off. I myself think the same way. I'm much more positive about the PS3 this year than during last year and the year before (2007) the PS3 was kind of a joke. Good games make the console more attractive. Makes sense, right? "

first of all, i was carefull to NOT call it bias. I guess you didnt read that. And the video they made advertising the ps3 was REALLY.... weird to put it lightly, if they had made one for every console that would be fine, but just for the ps3? In a multisystem site? Really?
Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

I Hate GT so much because not only are the users dickhead fanboys, so are the editors.

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By C0V3RT

GT is entitled to their opinion.  In the end, it means about as much as any other site giving out their variant of the award.  It's just one opinion and is by no means putting down the other great games that came out in 2009.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#14  Edited By Soap

The awards are for the most part ok, the fact that Fat Princess beat Shadow Complex for downloadable game however is craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy.

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By C0V3RT

Until video games gets taken seriously and some type of academy is formed, the closest thing we're going to have to an "official" GOTY in any area would be the Spike TV VGA's as the panel on that is made up from various outlets.  Shadow Complex won on there so take it for what it's worth.

Dogma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dogma

See... now you're doing the exactly same thing I am talking about. You believe that your opinion is the only one that is right. Yeah... there are ways someone can be wrong but would you honestly call Killzone 2 and Ratchet & Clank: Crack in Time bad games? I could not without a guilty concience. Yeah... they are an FPS and a plattformer/adventure but still good games. 
I think that PS3 had a quite an OK (it's on it's way up) year this year and I think that Microsoft have to release more exclusive games that stand out. I don't really would say that about either ODST  or Halo Wars (my personal opinion of course), Forza 3 was very competent and good racing game though. 

it's REALLY hard to explain my view without resorting to subjective thinking but I hope my point comes across.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Rhaknar
@Dogma said:
" See... now you're doing the exactly same thing I am talking about. You believe that your opinion is the only one that is right. Yeah... there are ways someone can be wrong but would you honestly call Killzone 2 and Ratchet & Clank: Crack in Time bad games? I could not without a guilty concience. Yeah... they are an FPS and a plattformer/adventure but still good games. I think that PS3 had a quite an OK (it's on it's way up) year this year and I think that Microsoft have to release more exclusive games that stand out. I don't really would say that about either ODST  or Halo Wars (my personal opinion of course), Forza 3 was very competent and good racing game though.  it's REALLY hard to explain my view without resorting to subjective thinking but I hope my point comes across. "
who are you talking to now dude? >_>
Dogma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Dogma
@Rhaknar said:
" @Dogma said:

" Please stop talking about the bias thing! Please! Do people remember the begining of last year when their were total rampage because of Killzone 2? By that time Gametrailers, Edge, Gamespot etc all where Xbox 360 biased, according to the fanboys. Now when the PS3 people are happy you don't hear this anymore and instead hear about PS3 bias. Wierd, ain't it?  People want to find a logical reason that others don't think as they and sadly the first things that pop into their head is bias and paid off reviewers, wich is insane thinking. If you listned to all the people that talk about paid/bought publications EVERYONE would be biased or bought. It's so sad that the first thing people think is that the integrity of a publication is the first and most logical reason they don't think as them.  One more quick thing. The reason GT likes PS3 more this year may be because the consoles have realeased some pretty awesome games this year while 360 is slacking off. I myself think the same way. I'm much more positive about the PS3 this year than during last year and the year before (2007) the PS3 was kind of a joke. Good games make the console more attractive. Makes sense, right? "

first of all, i was carefull to NOT call it bias. I guess you didnt read that. And the video they made advertising the ps3 was REALLY.... weird to put it lightly, if they had made one for every console that would be fine, but just for the ps3? In a multisystem site? Really? "
I read what you said. That's why I put the disclaimer in the bottom. I saw that YOU didn't called it bias but you made me think about all the things a read on GT during the Awards. As I said, it was not an attack on you.
Dogma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dogma
@Rhaknar: Haha... whoops. A bunch of people got in between. Not you. I talked to Cov3rt this time. ^_^
fripplebubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By fripplebubby

Do we really have confirmation yet that they are handing the award to Uncharted 2, or is this just speculation coming from more speculation about a ps3-centric attitude that may as well be deserved? Besides, do the GameTrailers GOTY choices really sell all that many games anyway?

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Rhaknar
@Dogma said:

" @Rhaknar: Haha... whoops. A bunch of people got in between. Not you. I talked to Cov3rt this time. ^_^ "

cause I was gonna say "dude, I have ratchet crack in time in my top10 list this year >_>". I still maintain that the ps3 ad video they made is in poor taste in a multi system site (if you dont know the video im talking about  http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ps3-overview-playstation-3/59235 ). 
C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By C0V3RT
@Dogma: Chill out buddy.  I'm just sharing my opinion just like you are. 

My take on Killzone 2?  Just because it's pretty doesn't make it great.  Best looking FPS I've played in terms of visuals but isn't doing anything with the genre that hasn't already been done. 

Rachet and Clank - not my thing but I can see how it would be for some. 

You point out I'm discrediting these games, fine.  But you discredit ODST.  The fact you list two Halo games as some of the better Microsoft games kind of tells me you have this impression that all Microsoft fans are Halo homers.  I'm not arguing that Microsoft's exclusives were the lightest of the big 3, but aside from Uncharted 2, no console put out an exclusive game that was a real console seller.  

Like I said, 2010 looks bright for the PS3 and hope it's exclusives give me a chance to play it more.  God of War III and Heavy Rain?  Hell yes.  I just look at it that pretty much anyone who wants a 360 has one (same can be said for the Wii).  The PS3's price in combination with it's underwhelming library was a huge deterrant.  With it's price drop an improving library, I'd agree that it's looking at a bright 2010 and beyond. 

Thats just my opinion which is no more right or wrong then yours.
Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Rhaknar

not to beat a dead horse or anything, and i know opinions are opinions bla bla bla... 

but best FPS and borderlands is missing (was already missing from best new IP) , with fear 2 in there instead...really GT? really? sigh