Game with the best bugs?

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By mikemcn

A game with alot of great bugs.... get it...... haha.... ha..... im so sorry.
A game with alot of great bugs.... get it...... haha.... ha..... im so sorry.

Sometimes a developer releases a game with some serious technical and mechanical bugs, sometimes this makes the game horrible, other times this makes the game fantastic.  Have you ever had a game with some really great broken bits?  

For me, it was Fallout 3, seeing a deathclaw spawn in the middle of megaton or dukov's place, and then coming back to see a bunch of enclave soldiers show up, is just awesome. Also, having to use console commands (I was on PC) in order to bring your dead quest giver back to life (That deathclaw did some damage.) so you can finish your mission, is both an irritating and exciting experience.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By BestUsernameEver

Maybe hiding in the boulder in Halo 1's multiplayer.....no? God Halo sucks.

Clembo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Clembo

Gears of War had some funny bugs.  Some really annoying glitches, too.  I think that's where "It's part of the game!" first started to annoy me.

Avatar image for buttonsmcboomboom
ButtonsMcBoomBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ButtonsMcBoomBoom

Anything with ragdolling

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By natetodamax

Fallout 3. That game is amazing partly because its so messed up

mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mikeeegeee
@BestUsernameEver: I do recall Halo:CE having some awesome and useful bugs. Definitely remember learning how to do them all. Like getting into the sky on Blood gulch? God damn, I couldn't tell you how many times I drove a ghost up that cliff.

I seem to remember Goldeneye64 being ridden with bugs and glitches.

Also, in Counterstrike, someone found out that if you construct a bunch of gently sloping walls, you can surf along them like waves. Entire maps were made devoted to "surfing." In order to do so effectively, you needed to be adept at strafe jumping. Some people turned it into an artform they were so good.
turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By armaan8014
Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Jimbo

Codename Eagle

Edit:  No wait, Armed Assault - by miles.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BestUsernameEver

Yeah, I also remember the 'infinite jump' in Grand theft auto 4. Where you jump a motorcycle at the perfect angle at a subway station rail, and the animation of him jumping stuck, and so there on, you could fly (almost grind) on the rails faster than the subway. But once it went underground, the animation stopped, and you fell to your feet, or died by hitting the wall. I remember hours of fun dedicated to just that glitch. 

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#11  Edited By Yummylee

Mercenaries 2 has some hilarious ones. I was once stuck in the ''falling'' animation, even while moving around on ground. Looked like I was levitating..pretty terribly mind you.
Sirico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sirico

Back in the day in  Pro Wrestling on the Atari 2600 it was possible to fight outside the ring by some fluke.

ColMirage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ColMirage

Planetside has always had this epic bug where if two vehicles collide in each other in a certain way, one (or both) will be catapulted ridiculous distances. Unfortunately the only vehicles light enough to do that reliably are amongst the lightest vehicles in the game, and thus the impact is generally always fatal. Still; it's be fun once in a while to launch an ATV across half a continent just to see it crash into a mountain.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By ajamafalous
EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By EVO

Skate 2 is somehow buggier than Skate. But I expect nothing less of EA. With that being said they can be hilarious, so I guess that makes them OK.

Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Romination

Space Invaders. Word on the street is that the invaders speeding up was a glitch that they didn't get rid of.

Super Mario Bros. The Infinite 1-Up glitch. I hear when Miyamoto saw this from someone he exclaimed "no! the game's broken!"

Also Street Fighter 2. The combos in it were just lax programming that allowed you to interrupt a move with another and it evolved into a combo system

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Ghostiet

It's not a bug per se, but more of a awful programming choice, but...

Neverwinter Nights 2 dumps every module it loads into your TEMP folder. Every. And when it needs to load it again, it duplicates it into a smaller chunk. So after 2 hours of playing, you have your system partition filled with more than 3 gigs of shit.

It's just so dumb I can't even believe someone thought that up. Obsidian is the worst developer ever, none of their games isn't broken.