GameCrazy wouldnt sell me SFIV unless i preordered somthing els.

Sneaky_Gopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By Sneaky_Gopher

I went in to get Street Fighter today, and the guy asked if i pre-ordered it. When i said no, he then said they didn't have any to sell to people who didn't pre-order them (typical, I know). He said this while having stacks of them behind him. Maybe about 50 or so. But then he goes on to say that if i pre order somthing els, then he could sell me a copy. How fucked up is that?! I acted like a smart ass with him, and pretty much called him out on his bullshit. But since no one in the area had any, i put $5 on Resident Evil 5. I realise that im part of the problem, by caving in to this douche, but i really wanted Street Fighter. I want Resident Evil, but i didnt want to have to put money down on it today. Or any time for that matter. All i wanted was to walk in, and buy Street Fighter (crazy, i know). When it was all said and done, they kept asking me if i wanted a Replacment Plan, Strategy Guide, and a MVP Card. This is the pinacle of pre-order storys at game stores. Its gotten way out of hand with them telling you to pre buy things before there out, to the point of them lieing about not having enough copys. But then going on to tell you if you buy somthing els they'll sell you one.

For the record, they gave me a poster, and SFIV coin....

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

You should have preordered RE5 with $5 down, got your Street Fighter on, and then cancelled the preorder and told that douche to pound sand.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Why do you people go to these stores?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By jakob187

Sneaky, you should've asked if you could put a pre-order in for Battletoads!!!

Then...deck that muthafucker in his grill and scream "this dood said he was gonna rape me if I didn't pre-order something"!!!
Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Systech

All I have to say is: "Those punks."

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jakob187 said:
"Sneaky, you should've asked if you could put a pre-order in for Battletoads!!!"
The clerk would probably lunge over the desk and choke him
Sneaky_Gopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sneaky_Gopher
TeflonBilly said:
"jakob187 said:
"Sneaky, you should've asked if you could put a pre-order in for Battletoads!!!"
The clerk would probably lunge over the desk and choke him
"
By the looks of this guy, he wasnt ready to fight.
Sneaky_Gopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sneaky_Gopher
MB said:
"You should have preordered RE5 with $5 down, got your Street Fighter on, and then cancelled the preorder and told that douche to pound sand.
"
hahaha, i didn't think of that until after the fact. I thought of it when i got home. I should go back.
Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Player1

Those store attendants have to sell a number of pre-orders a day, because thats how GameCrazy makes there money.

They bank on people forgetting they ever pre-ordered it. Then GameCrazy just keep their money.

So that store attendant probably was short a pre-order, and decided to deceit a customer for it.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By LiquidPrince
MB said:
"You should have preordered RE5 with $5 down, got your Street Fighter on, and then cancelled the preorder and told that douche to pound sand.
"
This situation has never happened to me, but if it did, this is porbably what I'd do.

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Hexpane
Sneaky_Gopher said:
  He said this while having stacks of them behind him. Maybe about 50 or so I acted like a smart ass with him, and pretty much called him out on his bullshit. But since no one in the area had any, i put $5 on Resident Evil 5. 
You sure showed him... or did you?
Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

They sell games not pre orders, I have to set them straight all the time, and it's annoying. I'm going to start using Amazon and Best Buy for my purchases. >__>

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Hexpane
MasterOfPenguins_Zell said:
"They sell games not pre orders, I have to set them straight all the time, and it's annoying. I'm going to start using Amazon  purchases. >__>
"
amazon = FREE SHIPPING and NO TAX, IDK why people are still going to gamestop/gamecrazy I stopped once they invented this series of tubes
sarge1445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By sarge1445

dude the mvp is worth it i have it saves me alot of money on used games though the strat guide thing is annoying as fuck

mcrproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mcrproductions
TeflonBilly said:
"Why do you people go to these stores?
"
Yeah, these policies at game stores give me no incentive to not buy from eBay or Amazon. Don't they realize everytime they do shit like this they push their customers further and further away?
Sneaky_Gopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sneaky_Gopher
Hexpane said:
"Sneaky_Gopher said:
  He said this while having stacks of them behind him. Maybe about 50 or so I acted like a smart ass with him, and pretty much called him out on his bullshit. But since no one in the area had any, i put $5 on Resident Evil 5. 
You sure showed him... or did you?
"
I basically was just letting him know that what he was doing was wrong. More or less.