#1 Posted by Joker369 (879 posts) -

Hi guys,
I’m getting kind of sick of buying a $60 every month or so, only to let it collect dust after I finish it. Because of this, I’ve been considering using gamefly. Can you guys give me your thoughts on gamefly. I am curious on a few topics. One: how long is the shipping time to get a game and for the Gamefly database to say that you returned the game and are free to rent another. Two: How often does it say that a newly released game is not available to rent because they are out of stock. Please note that i would get the one game at a time option.

Thanks.    

#2 Posted by cuzintheboss (97 posts) -

i been using gamefly since 2007 and its been great. i get my games 2 days after it ships and same goes when i sent games back. i have played all the games i wanted to play this GEN. i always keep my Q full with new games and i always get them on release dates. 

#3 Posted by Bigandtasty (3203 posts) -
@Joker369 said:
"Hi guys,

I’m getting kind of sick of buying a $60 every month or so, only to let it collect dust after I finish it. Because of this, I’ve been considering using gamefly. Can you guys give me your thoughts on gamefly. I am curious on a few topics. One: how long is the shipping time to get a game and for the Gamefly database to say that you returned the game and are free to rent another. Two: How often does it say that a newly released game is not available to rent because they are out of stock. Please note that i would get the one game at a time option.

Thanks."

Shipping speed depends entirely on how close you are to GameFly shipping centers. Shipping times can range from 2-3 days (right next to a shipping center) or 7+ days (places like Hawaii).

If you don't have seniority (i.e. being a long-time subscriber) yet, a popular game will probably not be available for a few weeks-months, but it varies on a case-by-case basis.
#4 Posted by RobotHamster (4172 posts) -

I'm still on the fence about it, but I think I'll give that free trial a shot.

#5 Posted by Mono_Listo (430 posts) -

It seems like a reasonable value to me. You play more games for less, and without having to travel to your local brick and mortar rental store (if they even exist in your area).

Personally, I am a fan of buying new and re-gifting to friends, because I am lucky enough to not worry about money.

#6 Posted by Joker369 (879 posts) -

I'm in Southern Jersey,  the closest plant is in Pittsburgh. How long do you think it would take to get to my house

#7 Posted by DystopiaX (5313 posts) -
@Joker369 said:
" I'm in Southern Jersey,  the closest plant is in Pittsburgh. How long do you think it would take to get to my house "
3-5 days.
#8 Posted by cuzintheboss (97 posts) -
@DystopiaX said:
" @Joker369 said:
" I'm in Southern Jersey,  the closest plant is in Pittsburgh. How long do you think it would take to get to my house "
3-5 days. "
i live in rhode island and i get my games from PITT in 2 days.
#9 Posted by DystopiaX (5313 posts) -
@cuzintheboss said:
" @DystopiaX said:
" @Joker369 said:
3-5 days. "
i live in rhode island and i get my games from PITT in 2 days. "
...dayum. 
Fuck ups.
#10 Posted by kelbear (496 posts) -

I live in north Jersey, if I send it on monday morning, I get a game by friday or saturday morning.

#11 Posted by russdog (52 posts) -

This thread has some opinions, too

#12 Posted by schizogony (975 posts) -
TIP: If you want a better chance to get a new game on day 1, make sure it's the ONLY game in your Q.