Gamefly or Netflix?

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By damnboyadvance

I am looking into renting stuff via mail, like games and movies. I was wondering two things:

1. Is Gamefly a good quality service? Why or why not? And....
  2. Does Netflix offer games?

No matter what, I am planning to get Netflix because my older brother has told me it's kickass, and I believe him.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By fr0br0

Where do you live?

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By damnboyadvance

Michigan.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By zombie2011

netflix is only movies, and i heard if you live in the middle of the country gamefly sucks, im in Ohio and it sucked for me took forever to get a game.

netflix is awesome though they have shipping centers everywhere so no matter where you live you get movies fast.
fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By fr0br0

Gamefly probably wouldn't be at top performance if you live in Michigan. I'm pretty sure that their service is best for people who live on the east and west coast as it will only take about 3 days for the games shipped to arrive. But it may take a week for games to arrive to you.

And Netflix doesn't offer games. But are the best for movies. And will ship them out to you 1-2 days, no matter where you live.

torus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By torus

Netflix is awesome for movies. Apparently I live very near one of their storage locations, because I get them the next day.

Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Babble

Gamefly is great if you are near a shipping center. If you are games usually only take about 2 days to arrive or go back. Otherwise it might not be a good choice.  Netflix also does not carry games, only movies.

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By damnboyadvance

Sweet, thanks everyone.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By TwoOneFive
I have had the worst experience with gamefly, as has everyone else i know in philly. depends on where you live i guess. Netflix is EXCELLENT, fast delivery man. 
xenoNfluX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By xenoNfluX

I'm in Knoxville, TN.... EVERYTHING ships to me fast... everything but Gamefly. I've got major shipping hubs within a few hours time in Atlanta, Memphis, and Louisville. Netflix is stupidly fast... I could put a movie in the mail and have a new one within 3-4 days as long as a local distribution center has it (which is over 90% of what I rent).

Gamefly's turnaround is just below tolerable when you consider that you'd be hanging on to the games longer than you would the movies.

When you rent a lot with Netflix and have a quick turnaround time, they'll often send an extra movie to you if the one they were originally going to send you is shipping from further away. Case in point, Slumdog was shipping from somewhere up in New England.... so they sent me the next two in my queue while I waited for that one. Netflix rocks.

Oh, and their Watch Instantly service is nothing to scoff at, either..... their library is thin compared to what's on disc, but its still really good.

The_Greg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Netflix is great but it's gone downhill since they stopped trying to get new movies and started doing more original content. Their original content is not good at all. Of every five or ten things they put out, you might get one good thing. Luckily, they put out a lot of shit, so some of it is good.

The sheer size of the library is worth the subscription, though. I don't actually have a normal TV service in my house. I don't want much TV, so Netflix more than covers my needs.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gamefly offers games and movies, but takes awhile to get either

MrGreenMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Redbox may be better for renting games as they are at just about every convenience store and gas station and many grocery stores as well. I have often rented games from there for a weekend or try a game out to see if I want to buy it. It's a lot cheaper and more convenient than buying everything that comes out or using a mailing service. Also as said above check out your local library. In chicago that had a rather good size of games and usually are free.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I wish GameFly would use discreet packaging. I had two accounts get blacklisted because some jerkass between there and here would pocket half the games (especially new releases), and you can only report so many missing for obvious reasons. Been afraid to start a new account just to have it happen again.

The service itself is great, though, assuming you live near a distribution center.

schizogony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keep only one game in your GameFly Q. Then they have to send you that and can't send you less popular games instead.