Gamefly VS. Blockbuster Gamepass

greennoodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By greennoodles

OK, so I have been using Gamefly for a few months now and I am not happy with it. It takes me on average 5 days to get a game no matter what day I send mine out. I have gotten 2 that have been unplayable because of how scratched they were, it has been a pretty big hassle. I have been looking into other places and I am considering the Blockbuster Game Pass, but wanted peoples opinion here first. Am I just haveing bad luck with gamefly or is this normal, and what are your experiences with Blockbuster. Also, if anyone is using another service, how does it stack up?

badsmalltalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By badsmalltalker

Do you have a blockbuster nearby you that is a half decent store?

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By PureRok

I wouldn't do anything Blockbuster. They are supposedly going out of business.

greennoodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By greennoodles

I am close to 3 right now, lol.

badsmalltalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By badsmalltalker

If yes, by all means get blockbuster and make sure to get your money's worth out of a month. (a single game rental is $8.99 for a week)

But if it's like the blockbuster near my house in Dallas, Tx, where you are surrounded by a lot of lower middle class families with badly raised children and even worse taste in movies and games, then I would stick with gamefly where at least you have a good back catalog you can choose from.  Bad blockbusters will have almost nothing even worth renting.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By StaticFalconar
greennoodles said:
"I am close to 3 right now, lol."
Well that just means in a year you're going to see three abandoned stores near you.
TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By TheKidNixon

Don't even get me started with Blockbuster. There most recent shift in pricing is so outrageous that I can't imagine how they expect it to save them from bankruptcy. And yeah, the fact that the quality of the selection fluctuates from store to store is kinda ridiculous.

Bottom line, Gamefly and Netflix need to merge their services into one slightly-higher payment plan and I'll never have to step foot into a blockbuster ever again. And my life will be much more fulfilling.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Stang

If you can deal with higher prices, I would go with BB. I am basing this on your initial post, as it sounds like speed of delivery is pissing ya off. What BB lacks in selection it makes up for in convience.

I have 3 BB's within 5 miles of my house, and they all seem to have a shitty variety of games though.

So my point is....I don't know :p

Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Babble

If Gamefly isn't working out then I guess you need to change. For me it has been great, games come in two days from shipping, and I haven't had any problems with the actual discs. 

greennoodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By greennoodles

I dont know, it's more of a moral delima. I hate the idea of Blockbuster, but it seems it may be better for my situation.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By penguindust
TheKidNixon said:
 Gamefly and Netflix need to merge their services into one slightly-higher payment plan
This would make my year.  If Gamefly's suit against the US Post Office goes anywhere, you might see less damaged discs coming to your home.  I (knock on wood) have never had a problem like that, but who knows down the line.  I also live about 100 miles from a distribution center so I get my games fairly fast.
Crono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Crono

Gamefly works fine for me and usually only takes 2 days tops for turn-around.  I have had no problems with the service, personally.