Gamefly worth it?

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By FinalDasa  Moderator

Just started a free account with Gamefly, 15 days free and then I pay. 
As of right now I do not plan to pay anything.  
But for those of you out there, would it be worth it to keep it or eventually get it? 
Or is it fail? 

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Clean

It's okay, just your games can get lost in the mail

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By pause422

Its definitely worth it for saving money. Ive had no problems at all since Ive had it with games getting lost in the mail, or anything else of that sort. Been a member for 3 years now.

empfeix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By empfeix

I tried a trial with a similar system/company.  The first set of games of games I got one of them didn't work due to scratches on the disk.  I cancelled the trial.  Call just bad luck, but since I've bought used games from stores that didn't work I decided it wasn't worth it.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By penguindust

I've had Gamefly for over a year without any problems.  All my games were playable and I even chose the option of buying my rental on a few occasions and the box arrived a day later in excellent condition.  I've rented primarily PS3 titles, but on occasion PS2, 360 & DS games.  The only hiccup I experienced was once a game took about a week before it showed up as returned on their computers, so I was without a little longer than usual.  I should add that I am on the "one game at a time" package since I only play one game at a time anyway.  Besides, I still have games I've bought if I get the urge to try something else.  I use the service mainly for testing out games I might buy later, but there are some games that I played all the way through because the $40-$60 would not be worth the price.  Even if you only play one game through to its end per month, that's cheaper than buying that same game new (or in most cases, used from Gamestop).  But, ultimately it's up to you and your gaming habits.  Also, you have to know that you probably won't get the hottest game when it comes out unless you are lucky.  I checked my queue just now and see that Tomb Raider: Underworld is arriving today.  I think it was number 4 or 5 on my list, but that's okay since I enjoyed the demo and want to play the game.  It seems like a "play once-forget about it" game, so if I finish it, I'll have gotten my money's worth for the month.  If I don't finish it, then I'll really know it wasn't worth the $30 they are still asking for the title and I'll get something else.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By wefwefasdf

I had Gamefly for a little over 6 months and I think it is worth it if you are okay with never owning a game. My collector instinct along with the troubling waiting times (sometimes) made me eventually cancel my subscription.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#7  Edited By gla55jAw

It's pretty good. I've had it for close to a year now. The only downside is for the most part new games take a while to become available, unless you schedule a return to get back to them the day a new game is released. But I've definetly played a bunch of games I probably wouldn't have thrown down $60 to pick up, so instead of waiting a few years for the used price to get low enough for me to buy, I get to play them imediately or if its a new big game, a few months.
LinksOcarina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#8  Edited By LinksOcarina

It's good if you plan on renting more than buying. Otherwise, it''s usually better to just buy the games you really like.

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By damnboyadvance

I might try it, but I've heard there are problems with it, specifically with mailing and stuff.

fillmoejoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 28

#10  Edited By fillmoejoe

Yes but you really have to time your returns if there is a certain game you have to play.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I tried Gamefly last year and was not very impressed, but there are a wide array of opinions out there. Some people love it and some people hate it. If you live near one of their shipping centers and can figure out how to manage your queue in such a way that you can get the games you want, then you might like it.

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By jeffgoldblum

I dont rent games very often so, I do it the old fashioned way.