Gameplay Trailer From New Game By The Limbo Designers

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

It's called 140 and looks awesome.

It looks like a more difficult version of Sound Shapes which is right up my alley. I really like that the designers are making such a dramatically different looking and style of platforming game.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

That looked pretty awesome! though the initial few seconds gave me an absolutely terrifying flashback to a drunken 4 hour marathon of trying to beat the impossible game

Loading Video...

Totally unrelated gut reaction aside, i can;t help but wonder if that was cut from several different levels (as in, a few seconds per level all sliced into one seamless video there) it's kinda hard to tell, if things changed that dramatically without any familiar game language to go with it i could imagine that being incredibly frustrating rather than continually surprising you (though the non descriptive and learn by doing of limbo was probably one of its best features, so if anyone could pull it off in this style it would be those guys)

Looking forward to seeing more!

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omegapirate:

It looked like there were a few hard cuts here and there. I'd imagine that eventually the game would articulate to the player what to expect when you see common objects and themes. Remember how crazy the Portal games and Antichamber looked in trailers? Plus Limbo did a great job of introducing concepts to the player throughout the course of the game.

strikeAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Really liked the concept of Sound Shapes but this art style and music seems much more in my wheelhouse. Will definitely be watching out for this one.

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

That looks like a game I will never be any good at but still looks awesome regardless. I loved Limbo, glad to see those guys still doing interesting work.

@omegapirate fuck the impossible game.

Sir_Belf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

After playing Sound Shapes, I've become really interested in these sort of games. But I am pretty surprised some of the minds behind Limbo would create something like this.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grimluck343 said:

That looks like a game I will never be any good at but still looks awesome regardless. I loved Limbo, glad to see those guys still doing interesting work.

@omegapirate fuck the impossible game.

I really like the Impossible Game. I suck at it though. But I like it. I always get up to the part where they introduce three spikes in a row (like a minute or so in). Fuck three spikes in a row.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonr86: I remember feeling like a badass for getting to the part on the PSN version where they flip it upside down and you are on the roof jumping down towards the middle.
The fact that was barely anything into the game was depressing.

And i could never find anyone to clarify this with me, but i found it easier to play with the sound OFF, i swear the 'beats' that you'd expect to jump with were like, a fraction of a second off form the actual game, meaning you'd instinctively jump on beat but out of time to successfully land it and FUCK IT TIME TO PLAY IT SOME MORE

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@jasonr86 Man, three spikes... It was a damn miracle if I could even make it that far.

@jasonr86: I

remember feeling like a badass for getting to the part on the PSN version where they flip it upside down and you are on the roof jumping down towards the middle.

The fact that was barely anything into the game was depressing.

And i could never find anyone to clarify this with me, but i found it easier to play with the sound OFF, i swear the 'beats' that you'd expect to jump with were like, a fraction of a second off form the actual game, meaning you'd instinctively jump on beat but out of time to successfully land it and FUCK IT TIME TO PLAY IT SOME MORE

NO DON'T! SAVE YOURSELF!