Gamer nerd historian pros, I call for your knowledge.

kamolahy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By kamolahy

I'm trying to remember the name of 2 particular games. I bet someone or a few someones here will know them.  

#1 - In light of it being the anniversary of the guy who invented the hologram, I'm thinking of an arcade I used to want to play all the time as a kid. It was a big white machine, but the game was played on a surface in front of you and projected holograms before your eyes. I was very young so I don't know if my details are sketchy. I think the cabinet was white and oddly shaped. It was expensive and I wanted to play it so bad. I watched it a few times, and I think I recall it being like a series of quicktime events. I remember seeing it in many arcades in Southern California. 

#2 - This is an old PlayStation game. It was basically a top-down military style 2 player game. You would drive tanks and trucks around and do these capture the flag style maps. I don't remember much else.. I just remember I used to play it a lot and the only other game that got swapped into my system at the time was Loaded.  

Also, does anyone remember anything with the name "Iron Helix" ??  I had old videos for it on my Macintosh in like the mid-nineties. I remember computer graphics and I remember wanting to play it so bad.  

Anyone know the titles and have links???? IF you do, you're awesome and I respect you greatly. 

kamolahy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By kamolahy

Wow I thought if anywhere, I'd find answers here.

CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By CoolDrMoney
Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

@CoolDrMoney:  I believe you are correct. The game was about a time traveling cowboy and played similar to Dragon's Lair.  
The second game might be Cannon Fodder but I doubt it. Did you have direct control over the units or not ?
Bluethunder35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Bluethunder35

The second game might be Return Fire, which also appeared on the PC and 3DO. They even had a sequel in 1999 made for it. You controlled various vehicles and each one had Classical Music played while you moved it. 

I remember the name Iron Helix; the game may have been published on the PSX as well. They mentioned it in PSX Extreme magazine.

kamolahy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kamolahy

Wow, you guys are genius.  

Yes the first one was Time Traveler and the second was Return Fire. Return Fire was wicked fun. I loved it. Time Traveler... I never played it but I wanted to with all my heart and my mom would never let spend money on it. I"ve never forgiven her. 

dudacles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#7  Edited By dudacles
@CoolDrMoney said:
" I think number 1 may be Time Traveler "
The fact that you're linking to the Wikipedia page of this game on the forum of a video-game-specific wiki site says a lot.
kamolahy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kamolahy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers