demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By demontium
@RUPHI0 said:
" Where do "Hardcore Gamers" buy and pre-order their games? I notice Gamestop is a big one but why Gamestop over Best Buy? If you could please give your input that would be great. "
I hate when I get best buy gift cards, they have such a small selection- 

Gamestop is pretty good but the deals on Amazon and Steam are much better.
Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Funzzo
@uniform said:
" I've never had a pre-order game I couldn't get at Walmart at a cheaper price. The downside to that is sometimes you'll get a nifty little bonus (poster, T-shirt, Mouse pad etc etc) with a pre-order at Gamestop.  "

How do you get games at wal-mart for cheaper? They sell them at retail price.
Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Jams
@Demyx said:

"Steam or amazon. Those are the only places where I will preorder, which I've only ever done twice ever (Borderlands and Mass Effect 2, both on steam). I will not preorder games at gamestop ever. "

Same.
MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By MikkaQ

You buy games where they sell them. Does the rest really matter? Your game store should just be the building closest to you, or you're doing something wrong. By means of default I shop at a blockbuster video for games. The used prices are cheaper than gamestop's and the staff know me (one of them even wanted me to work there, which was funny), so I can usually get what I want ordered or something.  

Bandit_Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Bandit_Fox

Amazon all the way. None of the stores in my town are reliable enough for getting the new games in on time.

Myrmidon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By Myrmidon

Amazon.

RUPHI0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By RUPHI0
@XII_Sniper:  I think it matters where you buy games. Price for me is a huge thing. If I could save a few bucks I will go to the next store.  You say the used prices at blockbuster video are cheaper than gamestop, so you do have a preference of where to buy games over another store. Haha, not like its a big deal or anything but to say your doing something wrong if you dont buy games from the closest store to you. I do not agree with that.
uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By uniform
@Funzzo said:

How do you get games at wal-mart for cheaper? They sell them at retail price. "  

I don't know what to tell you here? I just do? 

Where I live there's a shopping mall. Both Wal-mart and Gamestop are merely 2 stores away from one another, by the Food-court area. When I buy my games, I'll check the Gamestop for any bonuses (Poster, strat guide discount, etc), then I'll hop over to Wal-mart if nothing caught my interest at the Gamestop. As long as that Wal-mart has been there, it's been able to provide me with the game I seek at a cheaper price than the Gamestop, or at worse, match the price.

I'm sorry. I wish I had a more in depth answer to give you.

Edit: There's quite a few google results that explain the situation better than I can.
vager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#59  Edited By vager

Anywhere, but EB Games/Gamestop. 
I don't like that they open all they're sealed games and put cruddy stickers on them. 
I like my cases to look new.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By hatking
@natetodamax said:
"I always get my games from Gamespot because I'm not one of those people that get butthurt when they ask me if I want to pre-order something. "

This.  Seriously are you "hardcore" gamers so introverted you can't even answer one simple question?  I want to be there for your job interview when your potential employer asks you questions that actually mean something. 

I'll go to GameStop, it is close by, and I even chat with the people that work there.  Yes, believe or not despite the fact that they may not know as much about games as I do I do not think less of them... weird huh?  Then everybody complains when us gamers get labeled with stereotypes like virgin and antisocial.  Get the fuck over yourself... or don't, you can continue buying shit from Amazon.com and keep yourself away from the rest of society, but next time some girl blows you off because you don't know how to talk to them think about all that practice you got with the clerks Amazon.com. 

...Sorry I was just sick of the too proud to shop at GameStop elitist attitude about 90% of the people here have, including the staff.
AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#61  Edited By AndrewB

I consider(ed) myself a hardcore gamer, and I usually buy through Amazon or Newegg, but it all depends on who's offering it cheaper/with better shipping.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By FacelessVixen

I pre-order stuff from Amazon.

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Three0neFive

Steam.

Dragon_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Dragon_Fire

Steam.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Capum15

Best Buy has always been good. Had the games on release, and one time when they didn't have any Red Faction: Guerrilla copies left, one of the guys went into the back to see if they had any in stock and they did.

Only thing that sucks is the possibility of getting stuck as a train is crossing the road, which usually lasts a good 20-30 boring minutes, which also happened after I got RF:G.

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#66  Edited By Xandurson

I don't go to Gamespot at all after Jeff was fired. lol Sorry I had to mention the misspelling. Anyways, I prefer GameStop because I feel like I get better deals and the people there (at least the ones near me) are very nice and cool people.

monkeyroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By monkeyroach

amazon and steam

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best buy 

bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By bhhawks78

Gamestop because they are closer and I usually have credit

cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#70  Edited By cstrang
@Frester said:
" Amazon.  Best Buy if I have a gift card. "
ooofafa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By ooofafa

amazon

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#72  Edited By Hamst3r

"Hardcore gamers" buy everything from 7-11.

I get most of my games through Amazon and Steam.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Best buy, I don't think there is a gamestop in canada.

Qdor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Qdor

Man, so much gamestop hate. i work at my local gamestop, and i'd like to pretend i know my shit when it comes to games.  The best parts of my days are when people come in and I get to talking with them about what they're playing or looking forward to. Sure I push the edge card and preorders, buts shit, that's the job.  I'm sure every gamestop has someone equally as knowledgeable about games who "bothers" you simply to try and make the visit a little more personable, and not a rush job. 

As for the question, I do half my shopping at gamestop and the other half at the best buy right next door. Shit kills my paycheck >.<

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#75  Edited By Animasta

gamestop is horrible because the only person who is getting money off used sales is gamestop

blackbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By blackbeard
@RUPHI0: amazon.com. done.
MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By MikkaQ
@RUPHI0: Well the closest store to me happens to have the best used prices too, that's a bonus. But I'll never make an extra trip to save 10 bucks or so. Just not worth it. Also yeah amazon's probably the right answer for everything, that last guy has a point.
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By JJOR64

I pre-order games for Gamestop because that's the only place in town for me.

Radar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#79  Edited By Radar

If I HAD to chose BB or GS, I'd chose BB. Because I'd geek out and go stare at the smartphones and laptops.

If I wasn't forced to chose, Amazon all day every day

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Who shops at Gamespot?

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#81  Edited By sopranosfan

I am not a big fan of used sales.  I buy 85-95% of my recent games new but I think that Gamestop gets a bad rep selling used games.  If Gamestop stopped selling used games today then people would still buy and sell used games from their friends, Ebay, or pawn shop type stores.  I enjoy going in and looking through old PS2 games and hitting the value 360 and PS3 game racks.  I support the industry enough in new games spending probably around $1000 or so a year in consoles, accessories, and games all purchased new but if I choose to buy a used game every now and then that I otherwise usually wouldn't have purchased then that doesn't make me or Gamestop a bad person.  I am not for sure if you are aware but Amazon now has a used gaming store as well and I believe that I read somewhere Best Buy was considering it, working on it, or already selling used games as well. 

Duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Duffman

I rarely go out and buy games (usually get them as presents), but when I do, I usually go to Best Buy.  I don't know, I guess I've just gone there enough so that the first place I think of going is Best Buy.  Oh, and I refuse to spend money at Game Stop.

Iceman2913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Iceman2913

Best Buy

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#84  Edited By rjayb89

Hardcore gamers shop at local game stores.  I have this pretty sweet one that knocks off 5 bucks off the original price it's going for in other stores.  And the dudes who work there actually know their shit.  I do try to start up shit with them to test them, but that's a different story.  Except that Rockman dude, that dude was a total dick.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Ineedaname

I've personally never seen the point in pre-ordering if the game isn't some form of special edition, because nearly all of the time without fail one of the 5 or so game shops near me have a copy in, I'm yet to go to a store that's sold out of a game I want.

P.s. those stores are neither Gamestop or Bestbuy. Because fortunately I'm not American.

*Bunkers down for oncoming attacks*