Games beaten and played (so far) in 2015

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

As The Witcher 3, the second real big release of the year--for me--is fast approaching, it got me looking back at the games I've played/beaten so far this year. Here's my list so far, with some brief thoughts about them; what's on your list for the year up until now?

• JazzPunk: I started playing this last year and ended up beating this New Years day. While I enjoyed it, I don't feel like the comedy hit me as hard as it did Alex (who reviewed it). Still a very unique game with some great humor.
  • The Fall: I picked this game up after the GOTY discussions, meaning I had the end spoiled for me. This is too bad, as the story of this game is a very good one, while the puzzles are more obtuse and abstract--I had to use a guide on a few in order to beat it. Still it had great atmosphere and some interesting subtext about women and the roles society wants them to play.
  • Tomb Raider: I purchased this on a PSN sale for $12 and have gotten more than my moneys worth out of it. I feel like this game does everything Uncharted does but has characters you can actually like be doing them. It crammed a lot of mechanics into it that it never fully utilized and had a cliche story, but it was a fun ride.
  • CounterSpy: A free PSN game that wasn't too hard to beat, but also wasn't a lot of fun either. I love the 60's spy motif of the game, but the shooting doesn't feel good and in the later levels you need to shoot way too much.
  • The Order 1886: I decided to rent this game because I was getting into to many discussions about it on reddit without having played it. I don't think it is as bad as Jeff made it out to be but that doesn't mean it's good. It's pretty average. The shooting feels fine, there are some interesting weapons, and it looks incredible. But, it takes so much control away from the player and moves so slow it makes yourself question why you have a controller in your hand. It also ends in the most wait-for-the-next-game place it possibly could have.
  • Hotline Miami: I played this game when it first came out and really enjoyed my time with it, but I never beat it. I bought it when it was on sale with the hopes of beating it before jumping into the second one. I ended up beating both endings. Some of the most satisfying twitch gameplay out there and so much styyyllllllleeeee.
  • Unfinished Swan: A PSN game from this month. I really liked this game and thought it nailed the story book setting perfectly. It starts out with a really simple and novel mechanic that would grow boring, but they do a good job of incorporating unique ways to use it in every chapter. The first chapter of this game is so delightful and perfect I would recommend just playing it if you can.
  • GTA V: I beat this for the second time--first on PS3, now PS4. Still a great game with some pacing issues in the back half.

Now the stuff I haven't beaten:

• Far Cry 4: It's more FC, just like I expected. I'm taking my time with this game and playing it every now and then because I learned my lesson with 3 when I solely focused on it and got burnt out 3/4 through. They do a great job of always having different things to do and the emergent gameplay that pops up in this game has created some of my favorite moments so far this year. There's also some dumb ass video game shit in this game, like the OP eagle. Every time I hear NPCs scream, "LOOK OUT EAGLE!!!!" or I see an eagle carrying a bore by it's talons I think dumb video game.
  • Bloodborne: This is what I'm considering the 1st major release of the year. I've never played a Souls game before, but a friend of mine, who loves them, got me excited to try this. The first 2 days I owned it were the most frustrating a game has ever made me. But then I beat those two wolves on that bridge and it all got a lot easier. The grind is what kills this game for me though. Having to replay huge chunks of gameplay makes me put it down for a day or two before I come back to it. I'll beat it someday though, possibly.
  • Battlefield 4: My main multiplayer game. Part of the reason I'm only drinking on weekends now is it's too easy to play this for a couple hours while drinking on a Tuesday and realize I've killed 10 beers.
  • Mario Kart 8: This game didn't last as long for me as it did for others it seems. I ended up coming back it once both dlc packs dropped and got another good 8 hours of gameplay out of it. I'm too good to race against friends, I just destroy them, and I don't care about the online anymore.
  • Smash for Wii U: I finally picked this up on sale, so for like $47. I've only ever played the 64 smash, but I have a group of friends that have put in an insane amount of time with melee. We get together and play this a lot and it's a blast. I've finally gotten to the point where I can hang with them, which makes the matched that much more fun now. For 2 seconds I thought about buying an amiibo because of this game.
  • Super Metroid: I got this for free from the late Club Nintendo. I wanted to play it before I dove into Axiom Verge so I could compare the modern version to the classic. But like with all Metroid games, I played until I got stuck, then I turned to a guide, then I stopped caring because I used a guide. I don't know if I will go back to it.

There are probably some other free PSN games I dabbled in that I am forgetting but this list doesn't look half bad, imo. There's still a lot of year left and a lot of huge games (Witcher, MGSV, Xenoblade) that I will undoubtably not finish by the end of it, but it should be fun to try.

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Dussck

I keep my list as an actual 'list' on GB.

I didn't finish Grim Fandango and Apotheon. I'm now playing Shovel Knight on the Vita (it's awesome!) and still playing Bloodborne (NG+).

So far 2015 did not disappoint and there's still a whole lot of good games coming. I just hope some of the PS4 indie titles will still make it this year: Rime, Tomorrow Children, The Witness, SOMA, Hyper Light Drifter, Galak-Z, No Man's Sky, etc.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Interesting question. I never really look past games that actually released in 2015. I guess I played and finished:

1. Bloodborne
  2. Bloodborne
  3. Bloodborne
  4. Bloodborne
  5. XCOM: Enemy Within
  6. Hearthstone: Blackrock Mountain
  7. This War of Mine

I haven't actually beaten a game that came out this year except for Bloodborne. I really like Dying Light though. One of the better zombie themed games I've played. Also, I put a lot of time into Hearthstone which can't be beaten. Same for Destiny, really.

chrjz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By chrjz

The ones that come to mind are...

• MGS V: Ground Zeroes
  • MGS 4
  • Mortal Kombat X
  • Bloodborne
  • MGS 3
  • Hotline Miami 2
  • God of War: Ascension
  • Red Dead Redemption

I can't remember what I was playing around the start of the year and I may have left some out.

I have a bad habit of not finishing a lot of games; DA: Inquisition, for example, I put a ton of time into but never beat it.

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By sagesebas

I've got a list going on my phone so far it's been Metal gear rising revengance,Metal gear solid 2, the last of us, Axiom Verge and Hotline Miami 2. Looking to add mgs 3 to that list and maybe Bloodborne.

chrjz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've got a list going on my phone so far it's been Metal gear rising revengance,Metal gear solid 2, the last of us, Axiom Verge and Hotline Miami 2. Looking to add mgs 3 to that list and maybe Bloodborne.

That is a fantastic list, made even better if you do add Bloodborne and MGS 3.

Even though I already watched Drew play through it; I plan on beating MGS 2, and then Revengeance too.

Avatar image for deactivated-58670791014d2
deactivated-58670791014d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I made a goal to beat 50 games this year... Not going so good lol

I review (just for fun and do not post online) all the games I beat so I have a list of every thing.

1. Batman:Arkham Asylum-8/10
  2. Infamous: First Light-5/10
  3. Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D-9/10
  4. Dead Island-6/10
  5. Army of T.W.O 40th Day-6/10
  6. Resident Evil Rev Ep.1-5/10
  7. The Order 1886-5/10
  8. Army of TWO-9.5/10
  9. Forza Horizon 2 Fast and ferrous-7/10
  10. Mortal Kombat X-7.5/10
  11. Army of T.W.O: The Devils Cartel 8.5/10
  12. Perfect Dark Zero -3/10
jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/jiggajoe14/lists/games-completed-in-2015/348223/

35 games beaten so far (obviously a great variety in length and challenge there :))

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

06/10 Apotheon

07/10 Battlefield 4

06/10 Apotheon

07/10 BioShock 2

08/10 BioShock 2: Minerva's Den

07/10 Borderlands 2

04/10 Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

06/10 CounterSpy

08/10 Dragon Age: Origins

07/10 DRIVECLUB

07/10 Dying Light

07/10 Far Cry 4

05/10 Outlast

07/10 Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare

04/10 Pier Solar and the Great Architects

06/10 Saints Row: The Third

05/10 Shadow Warrior

06/10 Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments

05/10 Styx: Master of Shadows

07/10 Tropico 5

05/10 The Order: 1886

06/10 Valiant Hearts: The Great War

07/10 Warframe (can't really finish warframe but 50hrs gameplay)

06/10 Wolfenstein: The New Order

05/10 Wolfenstein: The Old Blood

Also score for fun, not played a game I really loved so far.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

trying not to forget anything. In order I played them, and how I rate them -

Super Mario 3D World - 9

Zombiu - 10

Child of Light - 5

Shovel Knight - 8

Steamworld Dig - 7

Rogue Legacy - 9

Bloodborne - 9

Destiny - 5

Transistor - 7

Valient Hearts - 8

THE Last of Us Remastered - 10

Meorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Meorrow

I recently started transferring my list over to an actual GB list (and added some blurb-type thoughts on each of them). I haven't moved the whole list yet, but here's mine! http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/meorrow/lists/2015-in-gaming/352843/

Listed (and blurbed) so far:

• Jazzpunk
  • Defender's Quest
  • The Fall
  • Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor
  • Shovel Knight
  • MGS4
  • Person 4 Golden
  • Ico

To come (I've finished these but haven't added them to the list):

• MGS: Peace Walker
  • MGR: Revengeance
  • Bloodborne
  • Ittle Dew
  • MGS5: Ground Zeroes
  • The Witcher 2
  • Shadow of the Colossus
DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

Recently finished the stories of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney and Fire Emblem: Awakening now that I have a 3DS to play them with. At some point in the near future I'll add Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon to the list.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meorrow: What did you think of Peace Walker? I've started it once but didn't want to spend the time learning all the base building stuff that they didn't tutorialize. I've been thinking of getting back to it before MGSV.

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

@chrjz: mgs 2 and revengance are fantastic. I'm really hoping I don't fall off the Bloodborne horse and never get back on that seems kinda likely

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sagesebas: I'm really close to never coming back to Bloodborne as well. We will see if The Witcher will kill and burry that horse.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

New releases this year? Hmmm.. so far I've played.

• Huniepop
  • LIfe is Strange
  • Resident Evil Remake HD
  • Dead or Alive 5 Last Round
  • Olli Olli 2
  • Hotline Miami 2
  • DMC Definitive Edtion
  • Senran Kagura Estival Versus
  • Bloodborne
  • Final Fantasy Type-0
  • Mortal Kombat X
liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#17  Edited By liquiddragon

@sonny6killer: I quite enjoyed tomb raider as well. given how it was received on the site, i was presently surprised. i love unfinished swan, got really overshadowed by journey when it came out.

pretty slow for me this year. only beat:

• max payne 3 (4/5)
  • tomb raider (4/5)
  • jak & daxter (5/5)
  • south park: stick of truth (3/5)
  • metal gear rising (3/5)

replayed:

• zone of the enders
  • vanquish
  • infamous
Pushtoclose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very slow year for me, I have a lot that I started but haven't got back to. But I beaten

• Hotline Miami 2

• The order

• Broken Age

• Dying light

• Bloodborne

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Have not finished anything besides a handful of vns. I'll make Witcher 3 top priority.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I will post my list when I get to a PC but I've beaten 22 games so far this year, clearing out a good chunk of my backlog slowly.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

Like a few others, I keep a list on Giant Bomb here: http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/smtdante89/lists/games-dlc-i-finished-in-2015-and-other-general-acc/348951/

I would link to it instead of posting the link like I did, but for some reason it keeps saying I did not enter a valid link.

Viqor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Viqor

It's actually been a pretty good year for me finishing games. I've definitely had more success getting all the way through games this year than I have in the past.

Beat for the first time:

• Roundabout
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2
  • Resident Evil (HD Remaster)
  • Injustice
  • Never Alone
  • Enslaved
  • Alan Wake
  • Yakuza 4
  • Bloodborne
  • Ori and the Blind Forest
  • The Talos Principle
  • Mortal Kombat X

Replayed:

• Metroid Prime
  • Grim Fandango
  • The Witcher
  • The Witcher 2
me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

In order: Finished Hard difficulty

• The Banner saga- Fuck that last battle.
  • Avernum:Escape from the Pit- I uninstalled and reinstalled probably over a dozen times through the torturous 130 hrs. True ball breaker.
  • Lichdom: Battle Mage- First time in a long time i was asking myself, Will this ever end? Good game hope to see a more refined sequel.
  • Betrayer- I never thought muskets would work, but made me a believer a good early American/ European FPS with muskets is possible.
  • Naissance- Friggin awesome from its visuals to soundtrack.
  • Dishonored- Best AAA game ive played in a long time and worth every second. Only thing missing was a world populated with the likes of Assassins creed.
  • Enigmatis:the Ghosts of maple creek- Good relaxing P&C adventure
  • Infected the Twin vaccines- Another P&C game, but with FMV. A really good if not too short of a game.
  • Contrast- Its ok, but a huge missed opportunity. And damn is it short, who knew?
  • Letter Quest: Grimms Journey: One of the best puzzle RPGs out there. If you like word puzzles check it out.
  • Resident Evil Revelations- Its ok, but the whole RE formula has finally worn out its welcome.
  • Dark Souls 2- Im not a souls expert but have played enough to understand they are special. I played naked throughout, except for a helmet and pretty much walked through the game with little to no trouble. Im currently playing the DLC, whole different ball game. One of the best games i ever played.
  • Half Life MOD- Holy shit. Still one of the best FPS ever.
  • The Talos Principle- Awesome puzzle game and the menu options are bare none the model for what every game should offer.
  • Ironcast- Im level 39 with close to 40 hours now. Fuck ammo and fuck energy.

Games started DNF

• Starpoint 2- Was looking for a Space Sim, but the UI in this game is terrible. If you cant compare your current weapon to what is in store, back to the drawing board.
  • Reassembly- Im never buying another game where i am the builder. I suck at it.
  • Halfway- Probably go back since its been patched, but the difficulty spikes where insanely frustrating.

Early Access still playing

• Grim Dawn- Awesome ARPG. Still haven't tried it online but just love the atmosphere, characters and slaughtering shit. Story is not too bad, considering.
  • I Shall Remain- Its not going to get that level of polish i had hoped for combat, but the unique level up rpg elements, art work and world is enough to keep me interested.

Currently Playing:

Shadowrun: Dragonfall- Im still early but wow. Everything from the writing, rpg, graphics, art its truly special.

chrjz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By chrjz

@sagesebas: @sonny6killer: I don't know what to tell you, about Bloodborne; I never had that feeling. I was happy to get the platinum trophy.

enemylandlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

So far I haven't beaten too many games. I'm mostly focusing on playing Morrowind and a little bit of GTA 5 until The Witcher 3 comes out.

List so far:

1. Battlefield 4
  2. Dragon Age: Inquisition
  3. Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls
  4. Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
  5. Super Metroid
  6. Bloodborne (Twice)
Joemotycki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27  Edited By Joemotycki

Almost halfway through the year, it appears I have around 50 games played this year. Its a long list, so buckle up for a giant wall of text!

2015 releases that I finished or played a lot of (8 games):

Bloodborne - You can put me in the camp of people who love this game. As a person who wrote a review of this game, I think that most of the changes to the gameplay that they made were for the better. I really like the faster pace of combat and how the game rewards aggression more than passivity. I was not expecting that game to get so crazy near the end, and I found the revelations to be awesome.

Heroes of the Storm - I'm not the biggest fan of mobas, but I do find myself really enjoying this one. I like how the game doesnt take an hour for every game. I also feel like I have more heroes that I enjoy playing compared to other mobas. I am definitely going to keep plugging away at this. This has the potential to be fairly high on my list this year.

Helldivers - A great coop game, its super hard but having a full group of people is chaos in a good way.

Super Mega Baseball - This is a baseball game that harkens back to the good old days, and does it in a really fantastic way. It has plenty of personality and it plays great too! Highly recommended if you like baseball games.

The Talos Priniciple - Late december of last year basically counts as this year. I really liked the puzzles, but didn't particularly enjoy the characters.

Olliolli 2 - Olliolli is just straight up fun. I think the control scheme is a super interesting choice. Even though its tough to pick up at first, eventually you get the hang of it, and from there, executing insane trick combos can be super satisfying.

Evolve - Oh Evolve... So many people wonder why you exist. Playing as a hunter can often be an exercise in frustration as you're constantly running around to find the monster. However, being a giant monster who annihilates four human controlled characters in often insanely gratifying. Overall, its just okay but I'm glad I bought it.

Axiom Verge - Does a very good job of evoking feelings of Metroid without being straight up Metroid. So many different guns to play around with, and the address disruptor is a super cool addition that elevates that game to something I really like. The fact that its entirely made by one dude makes you marvel at the scope of it.

Other 2015 releases I played(6 games):

Apotheon - PS plus game that just didn't grab me for whatever reason.

Forza Horizon 2 presents fast and furious- Free xbox game. The best part of it is booting it up by saying "Xbox go to Forza horizon 2 presents fast and furious" to the kinect. It works, suprisingly!

868-HACK - It was a cheap on-a-whim purchase. Tough game, but its decent.

Aaru's awakening - This game makes a pretty terrible first impression with its control scheme. I finished it, but I don't know why, its a bad game.

Tetris ultimate - I really hate it when I make bad game purchases.

Ether One - PS plus game that I'm still working through. Nothing to say quite yet.

Previous years releases that I finished or played a lot of (29 games):

Metroid prime 1+2+3 - Played those games for the first time, and absolutely loved them! Man, the exploring in those games is just super fun. And when you realize that these games were made such a long time ago, it makes it all the more impressive.

Super smash bros for Wii U - I am a giant smash bros fan, and this game delivered exactly what I was looking for. I am glad they made the game play a little faster from what Brawl was, and a lot of the items they added are super fun to use. I will pretty much continue to play this game for forever.

Far Cry 4 - I think Far Cry 4 is better than Far Cry 3 in almost every way. For me personally, they really perfected the formula this time around with a better fleshed out villain and tighter gameplay. All the crafting, side missions, and animal hunting in this game combine to form something that is probably my favourite open world game ever.

Shovel Knight - Shovel knight's gameplay is just sooo good. It really evokes that Mega man feeling of tight, tense gameplay that rewards skill. The addition of cool magic skills, the great soundtrack and exciting boss battles made it so that even though I fell in more pits than I would like to admit, I was still addicting to playing Shovel Knight. The action platformer is a genre that doesn't have enough games in it and I hope that this game is a signal to other game makers about what a good shame should have. Even though I did feel like I didn't have anything interesting to spend my gold on, which was slightly disappointing.

Rayman Legends + Rayman Origins - I love Origins, Legends less so. For me, Rayman Origins is just charming in every way, putting a big smile on my face at all times with its sheer ridiculousness. I felt like Legends had too many collectibles that slowed the game down too much for me to really enjoy it.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Hey man I like thems calls of duties. I love the movement in this game, it was what kept me coming back to the multiplayer. Add in the best campaign in recent memory and you have a solid game, albeit one that I feel is slightly inferior to Respawn's Titanfall.

Darksiders - So this is totally my first "zelda" game, and it didn't disappoint. Although the story is totally whatever, I definitely enjoyed the action and the puzzles of Darksiders. I kind of feel like the portal gun is the best zelda weapon and its not even in a zelda game. Its sort of a shameless game, but i enjoyed it. I will be playing a Link Between Worlds later this year and am excited to compare and contrast they two games.

Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions - I don't care what anyone says, I REALLY like this game. It takes the Geometry Wars framework and tweaks it in some interesting ways, The new sniper and checkpoint modes are great addition and while some map variations were not fun, I liked most of the different map layouts. I played this game a lot and had tons of fun with it.

Need for Speed Rivals - I really like the Need for Speed games, but it seemed like there was just something missing from this one. The driving and sweet drifting is as good as ever, but they needed to go further with the multiplayer aspect for me to enjoy it more.

Towerfall: Ascension - I love multiplayer games, and towerfall is no exception. Getting friends together to play this results in chaos, yelling and good times.

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West - A bit of a weird game to play in 2015 but I did enjoy the changing relationship between Monkey and Trip. It was well done.

Metal Gear Solid 2+3 - Metal gear is great. Keep up the good work, Drew Scanlon!

Metal Gear Solid 5: ground zeroes - Only in Metal gear do you have a mission to save the games creator. That's all I need to say, really.

D4 - Every video game that Swery makes kind of seems like its his first video game hes ever made. The quick time events are weird in a kind of awesome way, but the rest of the gameplay is kind of tedious. That cliff-hanger that ends the game is amazing... If you haven't seen the ending you should look it up on youtube because no video game has ever used the letter 'D' to such great effect.

Bulletstorm - Sure, the dialogue is completely ridiculous at all time, but I liked the guns in bulletstorm. They give you TONS of opportunities to completely dismantle your enemies in extremely satisfying ways and theres so many different ways to do it; its constant balls out action that puts a smile on my face.

Persona Q - Fan-service: The video game. This was my introduction to an etrian odyssey-style RPG and I really enjoyed it. When you combine that with the Persona characters that I know and love, you get something that I really like.

Tomb Raider - Crystal Dynamics did good by Lara Croft. Solid shooting and action made this a solid game overall, even though the whole narrative dissonance with Lara was a little offputting. Also this game might have the best subtitles of any game. <Non-verbal shout of Pain>.

The Walking dead: Season one - Maybe a little overhyped, but this game does player choice in a really great way.

Bayonetta 1 - Very stylish with crazy action, but oh wow was I just awful at this game. Dying 2+ times in every single chapter kind of put a damper on my enjoyment of the game. Will be playing Bayonetta 2 in a week or so and I really hope I learned something from the first one.

Warframe - This game is okay for being free. The destiny comparisons seem pretty apt, but It doesn't feel quite as good.

Transistor - Probably the best of the PS plus games I've played this year. I really enjoyed playing around with the different functions, using them in both a primary skill and also as a modifier for other skills. It was also pretty cool how the game makes you want to do that by unlocking story background by experimenting with different combinations. Really enjoyed my time with it.

The Unfinished Swan - This game was alright. Its neat exploring the world by uncovering it with paint. Didn't blow me away but it was worth my time.

Race the Sun - A PS plus game, its simple and fun in its simplicity.

Valiant Hearts - A pretty cool war video game. Its nice to see Ubisoft branch out and do something different. The moments at the end were nice and heartfelt. Also, dodging bombs to Hungarian Dance No 5.

Infamous: First Light - Not a particularly exciting game, played through it in a day and modestly enjoyed the arena mode.

Counterspy - A pretty alright stealth game from PS plus. Really nothing wrong with it, had some interesting dynamics to it and was inoffensive.

Other games I played that I didn't particularly care for (6 games):

Never alone - PS plus game. I appreciate that its a game angle thats never been done before but I didn't enjoy playing it.

Mount your friends - Its dumb fun, I guess. Learning how to fling myself was pretty fun.

Surgeon simulator - Paid 90 cents for this and it was worth it. An ironic premise but it works.

Tower of guns - Free PS plus game thats a good idea, but they didn't completely follow through with it.

Pool nation FX - I downloaded this, played one match and then asked myself "What am I doing?"

RBI baseball '14 - I buy bad games because I don't like myself.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#28  Edited By Hunter5024

In chronological order I've beaten:

• Kingdom Rush: Origins
  • The Talos Principle
  • Huniepop
  • Evolve
  • Cities: Skyline
  • Axiom Verge
  • Mortal Kombat X
  • Broken Age

I'm also getting pretty close on Bloodborne, and Monster Hunter 4 (as much as you can beat that game), and I'm current on Life is Strange. Pretty good year so far! Still plenty I'm looking forward to as well. If I'd played Talos Principle last year it definitely would've made my GOTY list.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ca104190dca
deactivated-58ca104190dca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been working away at the backlog almost as fast as I've been adding to it with all the bundles & sales going on.

• Call of Juarez Gunslinger
  • Borderlands 2
  • Castle of Illusion
  • Dark Souls
  • Dead Rising 2 Off the Record
  • Deus Ex Human Revolution
  • Fist of Awesome
  • Grand Theft Auto 5
  • Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
  • Rocket Birds Hard Boiled Chicken
  • Sniper Elite V2
  • Wolfenstein the New Order
  • Zeno Clash
  • Bully Scholarship Edition
  • Dead Space
  • Postmortem One Must Die
  • Sparkle 2 Evo
  • Valiant Hearts
eskimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By eskimo

FINISHED IN 2015

Broken Age - pretty fun, but it was never going to live up to expectations

Westerado - Awesome little game. Underappreciated too. go play it!

FTL - This must be the 5th or 6th time I've finished it. Plus all those times I didn't make it to the end. Love this game!

GTAV - Finally! I got it on PS3 but only played through about 2/3 of the story. Finally got around to finishing it on PC. FPS view was actually really good! I played most of the game like that.

The Talos Principle - Another awesome game. Really enjoyed it and would recommend it to anyone looking for a more slow paced, cerebral kind of puzzle game

Jazzpunk - Meh, it was wacky, but that was about all. At least it wasn't too long.

MGSV:GZ - Got through the main mission and one of the side quests. This actually got me pretty excited for the full game.

Dungeon of the Endless - This game is loads of fun. I've managed to finish it once, and have tried a couple more times without success. I'll definitely be playing this for a while.

Dangan Ronpa - Really enjoyed this, even though I had read some spoilers before I started. Recommend to anyone that liked 999/VLR etc.

GAMES IN PROGRESS 2015

Wolfenstein:New Order - I've tried to get into this a couple of times, but it just doesn't seem to grab me. The lack of cloud saves doesn't help, I've had to go back to the beginning twice now.

State of Decay - I really enjoyed this game, but gave up when my main guy died. I've started it again and am still enjoying it, but yet to finish the main story.

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments - I bought this a while back, but I've only gotten to the second case. I really enjoy parts of it and think there are some great ideas in there, but it mostly just seems boring.

Dark Souls II DLC - I finished the main game, but I bought the DLC a while back and want to get through it with a different build. It's pretty fun the second time around, I've got a much better idea of what to do/where to go.

Pillars of Eternity - I never really played the BG games when they came out, sure I dabbled a little, but never really figured out how to play. I've got PoE, but I still feel like I don't really grasp how it works or how I should be playing. Enjoying the story, but I've put it to the side for now.

Dying Light - Really enjoyed playing this. For a game about brutal zombie slaughter it's pretty relaxing. I got to the second area and stopped playing a while back, but recently picked it up again and it still seems fun.

Borderlands the Pre Sequel - Against my hints to the contrary, one of my BL obsessed friends gifted this to me. I really don't want to play it, but I kinda feel like I have to now. UGh....

Tales from the Borderlands - See above. It also doesn't help that I'm getting pretty burned out on Telltale's schtick.

Shadow Of Mordor - I paid full price for this based on the reviews and I'm just not enjoying it. Given the money I forked over for it I feel like I should keep playing. Everyone says that it takes a while before it gets good, but I dunno, I don't see it myself.

The Evil Within - Another game I paid full price for based on reviews. It has moments where it seems fun, but then they bury it underneath some annoying boss fight or encounter. I know that survival horror is meant to be stressful and ammo scarce, but this game doesn't feel tense, just badly designed.

Resident Evil HD Remaster - I was really enjoying this, but then I ran out of ribbons and lost 2 hours of progress :(

Invisible Inc. - Just picked this up, it seems ok, but I'm not really into the turn based stuff. It's growing on me though.

Kerbal Space Program - Sweet jesus, this game is amazing. I've gone back in for some more since v1 came out, but I was never very smart about it so I haven't got far with the career mode yet.

Dangan Ronpa 2 - Started playing it, but was still a bit burned out from the first one. I'll definitely go back after I've had a bit of a break from the world of DR.

Fun times!

discomposure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beaten:
Two Worlds 2 (played almost all of it in 2014)
Dragon Age Inquisition
Heavy Rain
Pokemon Omega Ruby
Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy

I've not had as much time as usual to play so far this year since I'm in my final year of university, hoping to majorly make up for it after my exams are done in June. I'm currently (slowly) playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue RT & Fable 2

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Here's my own list but you guys know you can insert a list right?

Hit List 2015

1. Metal Gear Solid
Beat on 1/14/2015
2. inFamous: First Light
Beat on 1/17/2015
3. Super Mario 3D Land
Replay Beat on 1/24/15
4. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Replay Beat on 2/2/15
5. Grim Fandango
Beat on 2/9/15
6. Tomb Raider
Replay Beat on 2/22/15
7. Chrono Trigger
Replay beat on 2/25/15
8. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Replay beat 3/7/15
9. Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
Beat on 3/17/15
10. Jazzpunk
Beat on 3/21/15
11. Puzzle Agent
Beat on 3/22/15
12. Rayman Legends
"Beat" on 3/22/15 Note: I just don't like these games, I think they play terribly and maybe that is on me or my system or my controller but I just get frustrated and it isn't a fun experience. I elected to download a 100% playthrough so I could see the music levels and those are fantastic and worth every penny. Everything else can fuck off in my opinion.
13. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Replay Beat on 3/23/15
14. Puzzle Agent 2
Beat on 3/26/15
15. Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
Beat on 3/28/15
16. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Beat on 4/4/15
17. Braid
Beat on 4/6/15
18. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
Beat on 4/19/15
19. Resident Evil Zero
Replay Beat on 5/1/15
20. Broken Age
Beat Act 1 on 5/3/15 Beat Act 2 on 5/5/15
21. Resident Evil: Director's Cut
Beat on 5/9/15
22. The Walking Dead
Including DLC Replay Beat on 5/14/15
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I've beaten this year:

• Fable: Anniversary;
  • Fable 2;
  • Fable 3;
  • Alan Wake;
  • Dishonored;
  • Bioshock;
  • Bioshock 2;
  • Bioshock Infinite;
  • Uncharted: Drake's Fortune;
  • Mickey Mouse's World of Illusion.
Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

Hunh my post seems to have disappeared.

I keep track on GB here, shootin for 50 games this year. Might not get there if I keep messing around with open wolrd AAA games

I've only touched one 2015 release meaningfully so far (Apotheon) and haven't finished it yet. Thanks to Moonlightmoth for gifting me that game in the GB Steamgifts group!

Shovel Knight

1/25 stars

South Park : Stick of Truth

1/35 stars

Akane: The Kunoichi

1/42 stars

Nelson Tethers: The Puzzle Agent

1/53 stars
Puzzle Agent 21/63 stars
Law & Order : Legacies1/72 stars
Dreamfall Chapters Part 11/95 stars
Analogue: A Hate Story1/103 stars