• 102 results
#51 Posted by wemibelec90 (1828 posts) -

It has to be pretty darn short for me to do it. I like to move from activity to activity after a couple of hours or so, even if I'm enjoying myself. Just another character quirk, I suppose. Journey was actually the last one for me, I think. Of course, it's so short that it isn't hard to do so.

Very rarely, it will happen with a longer game. I remember Batman: Arkham City being one that it happened for, surprisingly. I put it in when I got the delivery and played it straight through. That never happens for me.

#52 Posted by Picsl (195 posts) -

Bayonetta. Couldn't put the game down, too much fun.

Also Journey, but you know...

#53 Posted by ToxicFruit (1719 posts) -

splinter cell conviction recently

#54 Edited by UlquioKani (1180 posts) -

After Burner Climax.

You have no idea how hard that was.

#55 Posted by gogosox82 (429 posts) -

Journey and Tomb Raider were the recent ones. I remember finishing MGS4 in one sitting. Took two 3 days off, bought some redbull and powered through it in about 12 hours. Good times man, good times.

#56 Posted by rentacop (107 posts) -

Rarely happens for me as most of the games I purchase are at least 10-15 hours long. I can handle sitting still that long during MP games like SSF4 or CS 1.6 but not single player games. Just takes too much effort to keep up with the story a lot of the time.

#57 Posted by bartok (2582 posts) -

Last one I remember beating in one sitting was Max Payne 3.

#58 Posted by LornHg (43 posts) -

Tetris, took me about a minute, it sucked

#59 Edited by believer258 (12184 posts) -

I completed Journey in one sitting. I have also completed Halo 3 in one sitting, though that wasn't the first time that I played it. That was a co op session with my brother as one last late night before summer break ended when I was in high school.

He and I also played Halo 4 in two long sittings.

#60 Edited by LassieME (234 posts) -

I just recently did so with the new Tomb Raider, for around 10 hours or something.

#61 Edited by Mirado (1054 posts) -

Binary Domain. I started to regret my usual convention of cranking up the difficulty as high as it'll go since the combat felt like it was beginning to drag but...you know how runners have a phenomena called a second wind? Two words: French robot. Cain pulled me right to the end.

#62 Edited by Jeust (10857 posts) -

Recently I did it with Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. The game lasted about six hours, so it wasn't that hard. Otherwise I can't see myself finishing games in one sitting.

#63 Posted by Danteveli (1204 posts) -

Not many games finished during one sitting without breaks but from longer stuff - Metal Gear Solid, Front Mission 3 (that was crazy one) Plants vs. Zombies, Dawn of War 2 Chaos Rising. Recently it would be impossible since I can't spare more than 1 or 2 hours per day to play games.

#64 Edited by GunstarRed (5449 posts) -

Halo 4 and Spec Ops were the last two I beat in one sitting. I quite often get into the last parts, or what feels like the last parts of a game and get insanely tired, and have to stop. Then when I return to the game the next day or later that night I'll discover I have between 20 minutes and an hour of the game left.

#65 Posted by goldexperience (4 posts) -

Zone of the Enders 2, Bayonetta, and Vanquish. Could do Devil May Cry 1 too

#66 Edited by Hippie_Genocide (729 posts) -

The only games that come to mind are Portal and Journey. I'm excluding old school games that were meant to be blasted through in one sitting like Contra and Streets of Rage or something.

#67 Edited by nate6858 (167 posts) -

The only one I can remember for sure was ICO. That was a Saturday well spent.

#68 Posted by opp (39 posts) -

I think i have only beaten Portal 2 and Antichamber in one sitting.

#69 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2543 posts) -

The original Devil May Cry on easy automatic haha.

#70 Edited by GERALTITUDE (3535 posts) -

Was a super, super long time ago last this happened to me. I literally can't remember the name of the game.

#71 Edited by Dunchad (506 posts) -

Bastion, VVVVVV and I think Portal might've been one as well.

#72 Edited by GetEveryone (4458 posts) -

Heavy Rain.

That was a long, soul-crushing night.

(I completed The Darkness II in two sittings, out of necessity, but it should really have been 1 - that game is short and so, so sweet)

#73 Posted by Kinapuff (244 posts) -

Most recent one sitting game was Spec Ops: The Line as per Jeff's recommendation. I generally don't sit down and play games for that long, I just wanted to power through it as fast as possible and see what was up.

#74 Edited by Clonedzero (4196 posts) -

i beat MW3 in one sitting. but it was like 3 hours lol so that barely counts.

i did a speed run of fallout 1 on a dare, cus i said i could beat it in half an hour, and my friend bet me i couldnt. bullshit! i did it in 24 minutes! though i cant remember how...

edit- portal as well.

#75 Edited by Fattony12000 (7559 posts) -

#76 Edited by Rebel_Scum (769 posts) -

@vonflampanker: You know there was a time when you had to complete most games in one sitting. I've got a huge list of Atari, Sega MS2/MD, SNES, PSX games that I've done that too. Some games more than probably 50x.

If you're wanting to know about current gen...ain't nobody got time for that. Games are huge these days.

Journey. Got pretty close with Bastion, I played through most of it on one day and only had a half hour or so left to finish the next day. And a couple weekends ago my nephew interrupted me while I was playing To The Moon, otherwise I would've played through that in one go.

On New Years Eve I tend to pick up an indie game and try and play through as much of it as I can (you know, that's probably not a thing I should admit to doing...

Going out on New Years Eve is overrated. Every jerk is out is out in the street so you have to queue big time for anything (if you live in a city). You should feel no shame in that admission.

#77 Edited by Dalai (7069 posts) -

There were a few NES games I finished in one sitting, but I can't think of a modern game where I've knocked it out all at once.

Portal came close, but I even split that game into two sessions.

#78 Edited by KaneRobot (1824 posts) -

A friend and I went through Actraiser in one sitting. Mostly trading off between building parts and action parts. Since I had the action parts I wasn't playing that much. Mostly did it because they took out some ad in a magazine challenging anyone to beat the game before year's end. So we did it in like 10 hours or whatever.

Other less noteworthy stuff is a lot of shorter NES games not really worth mentioning. I'm not big on blowing through stuff right away.

#79 Posted by Jrinswand (1711 posts) -

I don't think I've done a playthrough of a game in a single sitting since the 16-bit era. I tend to play longer games, but even with the shorter ones I just don't have the attention span that is required to do something like that.

#80 Posted by Nightriff (5335 posts) -

Can't really at my current state in my life but most games I beat in 2 sittings as fast as I can. Beat Asura's Wrath, Spec Ops and Binary Domain like that. Journey of course in one sitting and it was the best game last year. Also played Walking Dead episodes in one sitting, when you split it up it sucked.

#81 Edited by Turtlebird95 (2609 posts) -

Sonic the Fighters!

But as for a serious game Alan Wake comes to mind.

#82 Edited by Vinny_Says (5721 posts) -

Red Dead Redemption 100% run done in one sitting when it came out back in 2010. Literally from 8am until 4 am the next day. RDR is my favorite game ever.

I'm sure there are others but nothing as memorable.

#83 Posted by NapTimeSleeper (323 posts) -

Journey might have been the last one I did. I don't do it very often even with shorter games.

#84 Edited by TooWalrus (13256 posts) -

Oh, I've played through Luigi's Mansion in one sitting, but not the first time. It was probably like my 4th or 5th time playing through it. Hey, it WAS the game of the decade.

#85 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Journey and the first Portal are the only games that come to mind.

#86 Posted by Rhete (19 posts) -

Bulletstorm

#87 Posted by Cheesebob (1249 posts) -

None. I have never done it because I always take extended breaks during games

#88 Edited by Genkkaku (738 posts) -

Back in the day my cousin and I used to play Fighting Force through from start to finish multiple times in a night..

#89 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

Only done that twice and both were Dragonball Z games. The first was Dragon Ball Z: Budokai was awesome and couldn't get enough. The Second Dragon Ball Z: Sagas didn't mean was just that short and played co-op with a friend.

#90 Posted by RedCream (694 posts) -

Portal and God Hand

#91 Edited by envane (1164 posts) -

used to marathon heaps of stuff , until games got too long i guess portal 2 was the best game ive done in one sitting. i was also a bit obsessive (read: batshit insane) with world of warcraft for a while , i played in a top 50 us guild , and was pretty much the most casual scrub in there but i was still on deck being geared for raids in the first week of an xpac launch etc .. solo'ed 80-85 in one night , not even racing , just keeping pace with my guildies etc and i still was like the 3rd shaman to hit 85 on that server,i tried to play d3 in one sitting , but error 37 gave me a rocky start , but i did marathon 1-60 and then hit the wall of inferno the next day heh.

but thanks to blizzards poor decisions with those 2 games , i havent played either at all for ages , which is better for me and my health i guess eheh.

#92 Edited by McLargepants (399 posts) -

Journey, but that's how it's designed so I'm not sure I really count it. I beat Heavy Rain in one sitting, I still don't think that was a very good game (based mostly on the writing) but banging it out in one sitting has to be the best way to experience it. I can't remember if I played through Portal in one sitting, but it's so short that I wouldn't be surprised. I definitely, however, beat Portal 2 in one sitting, and that was pretty awesome.

#93 Posted by Pikawai (135 posts) -

It doesn't happen that often when it comes to games unless the story is so intense that I "need" to know what happens next. Recently it was The Walking Dead that I finished in one sitting, the others were Zero Escape 999, Bastion, The World ends With you and Metal Gear Solid, those are the one I remember only.

#94 Edited by espm400 (106 posts) -

Beat Tetris in one sitting... Seriously though, pretty much every CoD game I've played, XCom: Enemy Unknown, Red Dead Redemption, and way back when, Silent Hill in one very creepy sitting with a buddy. Red Dead was the first time I've ever played for more than 24 hours straight, same went for XCom. Kept saying to myself, 'I'll just finish this mission, then I'll go to bed...' That obviously didn't happen.

#95 Posted by TopCat88 (177 posts) -

Does each episode of The Walking Dead count as a game? If so I played each episode in one sitting. Not the whole season though. I wouldn't have recovered yet!

Also, Limbo.

#96 Posted by MyNiceIceLife (634 posts) -

Me and a friend beat Portal 2's co-op in one sitting, which was a little rough since we did it when it unlocked instead of doing it during the day.

#97 Posted by RedCricketChase (444 posts) -

@topcat88 said:

Does each episode of The Walking Dead count as a game? If so I played each episode in one sitting. Not the whole season though. I wouldn't have recovered yet!

Also, Limbo.

I think we share a certain dark taste in games.

#98 Edited by JayEH (538 posts) -

Journey, Black Ops 2, and Heavy Rain

#99 Edited by cclemon36 (181 posts) -

@probablytuna said:

I played Drake's Fortune in one sitting and I remember enjoying it quite a bit, even though the gunplay was average. I also remember hating the supernatural aspects of the game.

I did that, too. Bought the game as a present for myself and played it throughout the night on Christmas Eve (back in 2007). I really liked it, probably more so because I played it in one go.

I think it's kind of like marathoning a tv-series, you can get way (too) invested in it for that amount of time, and in return you get more out of the story.

#100 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4701 posts) -

I would have with Shadow Complex but got stuck like a fool so it took two settings. Last time I remember doing this was the acolyte difficulty of Ninja Gaiden 2. I played it for kicks.