Games may now take your blood, in a addition to your time

• 64 results
bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

It is a bad idea, and is that for more than one reason. But I have nothing but awe and admiration for the individual who conceived of this.

What a whopper!

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So if I die in the game does it just drain all my blood? This is the only way this can end in my opinion.

LaszloKovacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By LaszloKovacs

Video games are over, everybody go home. Shut off the lights on your way out.

EDIT: They actually just want to use this as an incentive to donate blood. Basically, make blood donation into a game so more people are willing to do it. Seems like a pretty innocuous plan, really, but they NEED to make that more clear up front. Quote from the KS page:

Our goal is to develop a refined multi-player unit that can be taken across the country for blood donation gaming events. We are not a charity and we are not a game manufacturer. We are simply creating the gaming hardware that will allow us to get gamers thinking about more important issues while still doing what they love. From there, we’ll partner with the appropriate organizations in both the gaming and medical communities to bring it all to life.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

FUCK NO, I HATE NEEDLES... and i'm faint just thinking about it... i need a lie down

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55  Edited By UitDeToekomst

not interested in this, but i'd definitely fund a kickstarter for a game that automatically wrenches your upper body from side to side to pop your vertebrae every couple of hours that you play it consecutively. my back and neck are fucking killing me.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Would certainly add some extra novelty to the Psycho Mantis scene in MGS.

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be fair, the idea seems to be obviously be that you do this and the blood gets donated.

I'm not saying it is a good idea, because you could just donate blood normally.

Blood needs to be handled carefully or it coagulates. If they had an arcade where I could play for blood instead of money that would be cool. I want to see people give a pint of blood and then try to play DDR.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slaegar said:

@gorillamopena said:

To be fair, the idea seems to be obviously be that you do this and the blood gets donated.

I'm not saying it is a good idea, because you could just donate blood normally.

Blood needs to be handled carefully or it coagulates. If they had an arcade where I could play for blood instead of money that would be cool. I want to see people give a pint of blood and then try to play DDR.

Well that makes a lot more sense than I did.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

IF YOU BLEED IN THE GAME YOU BLEED FOR REAL

Loafsmooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The pain, it's so real!

LaszloKovacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#61  Edited By LaszloKovacs

Funding on the page has been suspended. I'm guessing this is 100% due to the fact that they don't make the actual purpose of the project (gamified blood donation during a national blood shortage) obvious.

I think the project is well-intentioned but they advertised this in the most terrible way possible.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Used units would be a fast track to Hepatitis.

Kalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laszlokovacs: Yeah, for whatever their intentions were, their kickstarter was a laundry list of FDA violations.

A well intentioned group should probably talk to local hospitals // red cross branches to setup some kind of potential gaming & blood drive event, but that kickstarter sure as heck isn't gonna work out.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Grind in a Tony Hawk game, you're a dead man......man.