Games that inspired you.

• 57 results
Camoufrage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Journey, Mass Effect, Metal Gear Solid 3, The Walking Dead, Fallout 3.

That's what comes to mind when I think of "inspiration", though I can't say any video game has really inspired me to do somehting amazing or something

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Civilization, The World Ends With You, Persona 3 & 4, and Chrono Trigger.

Civilization inspired my interest in history (namely ancient history). I have some good memories of playing hotseat Civ II with my brother when I was really young. It started out as just a fun game to play, but the more I played it the more I started reading the civilopedia history descriptions and whatever other details they added in. It was all so interesting and its really fed my overall interest in history.

The World Ends With You inspired me to be more sociable years ago when I played it as a freshman in high school. I was nowhere near as antisocial as the main character, but his overall character arc hit home with me. At the time I usually just avoided people who weren't already my best friends because of social anxiety, but I loved the game so much I ended up taking the lesson the main character learns to heart. As a result I ended up forcing myself to be more social and expanded my horizons.

After playing the Persona games I've found myself being a lot more open to random activities that I wouldn't normally do. It's odd but I think I've played those games so much that I now associate that kind of thing with the social linking mechanic. Crazy maybe, but it's the kind of crazy I'm ok with.

Finally, Chrono Trigger inspired my enthusiasm for video games. It was the first game I played and finished, and it is still one of the best childhood memories I have. Without Chrono Trigger I might not have the passion for gaming I have today.

Max_Cherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Max_Cherry

Final Fantasy 7, FF8, FF:Tactics, FF10, Xenogears, Metal Gear Solid, MGS 2, MGS 3, Deus Ex, and more recently; Persona 4, MGS4, The Witcher, The Witcher 2, and Skyrim. FF7 holds a very special place in my heart because it was the game my best friend and I bonded with. We still talked about it almost up until present day. I say "almost" only because he died suddenly while taking a nap this past December. The world will never be the same.

shell_kracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey

Catherine

Mass Effect

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How does a game inspire me exactly?

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Given how bad the writing is in 99% of games I can't really say any have.

redcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By redcream

Most of the games I play inspire me to play even more games so that's that.