#1 Posted by RedCream (704 posts) -
#2 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19307 posts) -

Civilization V should be an obvious one. Same with other war based strategy games like StarCraft II. But I figure you're talking about this on a larger scale and not single games...

The World Ends With You is kinda like that where you can dominate specific regions of Shibuya with a fashion style of your choice, which affects your equipment's stats and such.

Assassin's Creed III is like that. Liberating cities and then being able to recruit assassins as a result.

Tokyo Jungle is like that, albeit on a smaller scale and not the same kind as the others. You mark territory and when you "own" a zone, you can then mate.

#3 Posted by Random45 (1040 posts) -

If I recall correctly, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City was similar to that.

#4 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7048 posts) -

Assassin's Creed 2,?Brotherhood and Revelations let you clear Templar territory and buy stores.

#5 Posted by ThunderSlash (1544 posts) -

You can basically buy whole cities in the Assassin's Creed II trilogy.

#6 Posted by audioBusting (1477 posts) -

The Saboteur was kinda like that with the black & white and color stuff.

#7 Edited by Krushr (54 posts) -

@Random45 said:

It was San Andreas not Vice City, though I found the mechanic in San Andreas annoying since if you expanded your territory you were constantly getting notifications about turf wars.

Does Risk count? :P

Edit: The Contested Territory concept page might be of help

#8 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

I thought this was going to be about games where the playable character has the worlds map as a physical thing. Which I thing windwaker does that.

#9 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19307 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan: Far Cry 2 is the best example of that I can think of. So awesome.

#10 Posted by sungahymn (986 posts) -
#11 Posted by IAmADwagon (49 posts) -
#12 Posted by YOU_DIED (702 posts) -

@audioBusting said:

The Saboteur was kinda like that with the black & white and color stuff.

I actually enjoyed that game, despite the mediocre reaction from critics

#13 Posted by captain_clayman (3318 posts) -

@Random45 said:

GTA San Andreas had more of this, with the gang wars and territory claiming. also a ton of property to buy and make income.

#14 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

@ThunderSlash said:

I don't think that you really controlled territory until Brotherhood though, I could be wrong but that's how I remember it.

#15 Posted by ThunderSlash (1544 posts) -

@MordeaniisChaos said:

@ThunderSlash said:

I don't think that you really controlled territory until Brotherhood though, I could be wrong but that's how I remember it.

Oh yeah... II just had the villa stuff.

#16 Posted by egg (1450 posts) -

I think C&C Kane's Wrath had an online mode along these lines. There is a world map, and a sort of an MMO element where your victories gained territories for the side you played as.