Games that made you throw/break the controller.

• 79 results
mrmanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By mrmanga

Mike Tysons Heavy weight boxing.... seriously... fuck that game.  
Boss battle in Tekken 5 cost me 2 controllers. god damn one hit kill moves.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Spiked a controller hard during my Mass Effect 2 Insanity playthrough. Vowed to never let a game get to me like that again.  

It's all about taking breaks. The alternative is way too expensive. 

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#53  Edited By benpack
@GetEveryone said:
" Street Fighter 4. 

Oh, and Super Street Fighter 4. 

mrmanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By mrmanga
@mrmanga said:
" Mike Tysons Heavy weight boxing.... seriously... fuck that game.  Boss battle in Tekken 5 cost me 2 controllers. god damn one hit kill moves. "
I forgot to mention 3 headsets. 2 destroyed by someone stepping on them or sitting on them. Last one was rage. It kept falling of my head while i was dying over and over on a stage on Super Meatboy.  
Also crunched the screen of a laptop because it always froze up.
Avatar image for depressing_wizard
Depressing_Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I hit my Xbox controller against a table during SFIV when I was fighting Seth. I remember throwing my Wii Remote against my wall, but I don't know which game is was. The Wii Remote didn't break, but there's a nasty dent in my wall. There was a time when I was playing GTAIV and I got mad enough to hit off a Rock Band drum pad. I threw a controller while playing Black and scared a friend. I broke a PS2 controller while playing an MLB game against a friend, but I kind of wanted to break it for some reason. I'm sure there has been other incidents, but I can't recall any. I've also punched a lot of dents into my room's walls (thanks, Halo 3), but not all of that is video game-related.  

Fuck, I have some anger issues.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By Yanngc33
@Pysk
Fucking Split/Second. rubberband sucks.
Splt second was a recent one but thanks to that game I've learned how to minimize my rage by sucking on the inside of my cheek takes the pressure away during those time trial sections

Super Mario Sunshine during a stage where you had to clean up an entire beach in 1 minute. I ended up gripping the wavebird controller the point that I broke it before flinging it against wall
Portis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Portis

I once broke an arcade stick playing Super Street Fighter II HD Remix. Still mad at myself for that -- those things aren't cheap. 

drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#58  Edited By drac96

I kept losing on the same level of Katamari Forever. I started to shake the controller in anger and it flew out of my hands. One of the analog sticks broke.

Castro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Castro

I've never gotten so angry at a game that I have thrown or broken a controller. I did wear out two joysticks on X-Wing though. That game was dope.

TheChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By TheChaos

I've never done that, but I got my friend to do it. 
We were playing Soul Calibur IV and I was winning about 90 to 0, and he's one of those people that will not give up until they win at least once. 
He was gettin' madder and madder, as soon as I hit 200 wins wins he stood up and threw the controller at the wall and it shattered on impact all over the room. 
I laughed really hard.

Kontrapunkt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Kontrapunkt

I don't think I've ever broke the input device, because the way I see it, it's the game or something within the game so I've tried to break that. I remember a section in Medal of Honor: Spearhead I was supposed to find a perfect path through a minefield with one-hit-kill artillery going off all around and I slammed my hands on the keyboard until I tripped my computers on board speaker beeping and the game somehow deconstructed and broke and that moment was true catharsis.

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#63  Edited By TehFlan

I've never gotten angry enough to throw my controller or anything like that, but when my brother and I were kids, he got angry at me for beating him at Super Smash Bros. repeatedly and starting beating me with the N64 controller. Good times.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#64  Edited By kerse

i came close a lot of times when i was younger, i got into this bad habit of not saving games until i was done playing cause i was confident i wasnt gonna lose to anything and this is back when games wouldnt auto save or go retry? and take you right back to that battle or right before, then sure enough some boss battle would take me by surprise and kill me, i would just turn it off and go do something else though instead of flipping out, i eventually drilled it in to save at every single opportunity 

Avatar image for purple_proletarius
Purple_Proletarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I broke a CD once. I thought it would snap easily, but it didn't, which made me more frustrated. Then it exploded into a million pieces. Very demoralizing.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#66  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I would never do that, man. I know the value of game controllers. Still, several that I've owned have become broken from constant use.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#67  Edited By Skald

No games. Ever.

KimParnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By KimParnage

i've broken 5 PS2 controllers, one of which i snapped in half... 
3 Xbox 360 controllers also lost their lives due to rage.. 
and yes... i know... it's stupid..

Devilkas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Devilkas
@Everyones_A_Critic said:
" Mercs 2 made me throw my controller multiple times. "
This
sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By sodiumCyclops

I made my first PS3 controller rattle when I threw it during the final boss battle in Uncharted 2. I then made the HUGE mistake of taking the controller to find the rattle. NEVER TAKE A DS3 APART. It will never fucking go back together no matter what.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#71  Edited By Undeadpool

Guilty Gear on Testament and Justice and Guilty Gear X on Dizzy. They make Capcom bosses look like a sweet, fanciful cakewalk.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#72  Edited By Sambambo

I have 6 360 controllers. Only 2 are left that function properly.

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#73  Edited By fugie7

call of duty black ops and bad company on veteran difficulty level.

Avatar image for fenixrevolution
fenixrevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By fenixrevolution

Looking back I feel really stupid, hell I felt stupid about 5 minutes later, but in PoP: Sands of Time I didn't see one of the ledges and kept dying when I was trying to drop down, I rage quit, threw the controller and went to cool down. Came back saw the ledge and just kicked myself in the ass mentally.

Bullitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#75  Edited By Bullitus

One of my 360 controllers has toothmarks. I blame Top Spin 3 and losing a game after playing for 1½ hours. But I have never actually broken a controller.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By NTM

I don't think I've ever even threw a controller in all the 20 years I've played games. Games just don't get that frustrating.
Avatar image for deactivated-6342b5d558672
deactivated-6342b5d558672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The original Diablo ate one of my mice, if this counts. Didn't throw it though - it died a natural death.

Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#78  Edited By Cramsy

I don't understand how people are saying "I've never gotten angry" what kind of robots are you!? 

Call Of Duty 4 on Vet was the controller breaking affair for me. I 'calmed down' by hitting the control into the couch but I missed and hit the wooden base. I finished that game though. I fucking did it. 

Stete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Stete

Gran Turismo 3. The way the AI cars get a speed boost 5 seconds before the finish line and just push you off the track was the MOST FUCKING ANNOYING THING IN THE WORLD!

Mahonay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#80  Edited By Mahonay

I've never thrown a controller because I am too cheap to replace it with a new one, but I have broken a headset.  While playing Modern Warfare 2 (shocking, right?) over Xbox Live I was having one of those games where every turn was a horrible mistake.  Eventually I got to a breaking point where I could not stop bitching and my own teammates were advising me to please shut the hell up.  So I complied by tearing out my headset and whipping it across the room.  The ear piece promptly fell apart.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx
@Djeffers03 said:
"I have never broken anything other than my MW2 disk.  "

I can't think of anything more worth breaking