• 60 results
#51 Posted by hippocrit (286 posts) -

@ramone: duplicate threads make you really cranky, huh

#52 Edited by fatalbanana (244 posts) -

I'm surprised Splinter Cell: Blacklist wasn't mentioned yet. Its a bummer not a lot of people played it, I thought it was pretty damn good. Ni No Kuni is also a bummer that game was pretty great though really time consuming and a bit grindy.

#53 Edited by hollitz (2075 posts) -

All GOTY stuff is inherently bullshit. It's the opinions of people with specific tastes who probably haven't even played most of the stuff you care about. It's purely entertainment.

#54 Edited by freakin9 (1187 posts) -

Angry Birds Star Wars, the 60 dollar version.

#55 Edited by Fistfulofmetal (755 posts) -

The Swapper is gonna be ignored. It hasn't even been mentioned in this thread!

#56 Posted by Kidavenger (3879 posts) -

I think Remember Me is tragically overlooked, but this is not an opinion many people share (although I will fight to the death to support that game!)

Agreed, one of the best looking games of it's generation and I think the custom combo system was exactly what "Arkham combat" needed to keep it fresh.

#57 Posted by Zalrus9 (161 posts) -

Hey! You guys remember that Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension came out this year? I think for me it's game of the year, but I don't think anybody's ever heard of it, but they should!

I don't expect it to be anybody's game of the year, but I have to tell people that it exists, as it's not even on this very site!

But It's on Steam!

#58 Posted by BeachThunder (13139 posts) -

The Swapper is gonna be ignored. It hasn't even been mentioned in this thread!

Seriously, what happened to that game's art style? =/

You arrived in a tin can, which set everything up for a very everyday-objects style...but then there's not really anything else that resembles everyday items (aside from rocks, but big rocks resemble small rocks anyway, so it doesn't make much of a difference). It just seems like they had an idea for an art style, but then just gave up straight away. Also, on the topic of graphics - it's a shame that so much of the games looks so dark and smudgy :(

Overall, the game was still pretty all right; there were some good puzzles.

#59 Posted by Naberius_Shrike (47 posts) -

Wargame: AirLand Battle.

I don't understand why it has so little coverage.

#60 Posted by Guesty_01 (383 posts) -

From what I've played this year so far, I would say Splinter Cell - Blacklist, Call of Juarez - Gunslinger and Divekick may possibly get overlooked by other games. All three were great in my opinion.