Games that need to be re-made.

Jak_Fan1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jak_Fan1998

With the recent announcement of the Crash remake, + the really good Ratchet & Clank game, what game do you guys think deserves a chance to get a Halo CEA like remake? Share your thought below! *Personally I Choose Soul Reaverand Battlefront 2! Maybe Jak and daxter..*

mach_go_go_go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anachronox.

Lv4Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Lv4Monk

Way of the Samurai. Amazing concept that was totally abandoned, outside of the progressively worse sequels.

BrianMcBride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By BrianMcBride

Xenogears... and finish it properly.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Skies of Arcadia, a sequel would be nice too.

Karmosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Karmosin

I want someone like Platinum to remake Maken Shao with Kazuma Kaneko.

http://imgur.com/gallery/rg9FK

The old game has some of my favorite character-designs ever, but the graphics and especially the gameplay dosen't do any of them justice.

http://imgur.com/gallery/rjx2g

In a world before Devil May Cry I can't really blame them all that much, but damn it, this game sucks and I want it to be good! I mean they picked up Nier, right? Right?!

Will never happen, but oh well. This is my dream-game I guess.

UpperDecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Suikoden.

tricky69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snatcher.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Xenogears... and finish it properly.

If the second disc was as good as the first disc (or even in the same ballpark, really), that game would actually deserve the praise people heap on it. I'm completely on board with a remake of Xenogears.

I'd love to see a remake of FF:Tactics with the crude 3D levels replaced with something that complements the sprite artwork.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

KotOR 2

Mainwaring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On the top of my "I wish they'd do this but they probably won't" list, it would be CD Projekt doing a complete remake of the original Witcher. Not an HD remaster, but starting from the ground up using their REDengine 3 from Witcher 3.

marc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Dino Crisis and Parasite Eve

Avatar image for planetfunksquad
planetfunksquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phantasy Star 1-4. I want some single player Phantasy Star damnit.

mach_go_go_go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tricky69: Snatcher doesn't need a remake - it's basically perfect as it is. It needs a re-release.

JohnTunoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JohnTunoku

EVO:The Search For Eden. If you're unfamiliar it's a platformer that is sort of based on evolution in the same way Spore is. Always thought a sequel or a remake could be pretty cool.

Avatar image for giantlizardking
GiantLizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chrono Trigger. Do it

Darth_Navster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

Mass Effect, Mass Effect, Mass Effect! This is the single remaster that needs to happen, especially during the impending release of Mass Effect: Andromeda. Currently, the entire Mass Effect trilogy is not available on current gen consoles (barring ME1 back compat on X1 and possibly PS Now), while the previous gen and PC have the option of purchasing a so-called "trilogy pack" that lacks much of the DLC that made ME2/3 so worth playing. In addition, the PC versions are pretty jacked, with (I believe) no controller support for ME3. As a huge fan of Mass Effect, and as someone who has the trilogy (plus all DLC) on my Xbox 360's hard drive, this is the one remaster I would happily buy on day one.

Error52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Klonoa 2 could use a remake. From the little I've played of it the Wii remake of the first game seemed solid, and, well, I really want to play Klonoa 2.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I'm just going to come out and say what I know everyone is thinking...

From Dust

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Sinusoidal

Wonder Boy and all its confusingly named sequels. It went from arcade action platformer to action RPG to Metroidvania and back again over the course of the franchise. Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap and Wonder Boy in Monster World on Master System and Genesis respectively are still some of my favorite games to occasionally play through. The others are all still great fun. Maybe not the last one so much. It got all weird. I gave up when I got stuck in some obscenely long dungeon that had no breaks or save points that I could find. It had a female protagonist which was kind of cool for a game called Wonder Boy.

BrainScratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BrainScratch

Chrono Trigger, give it a full on visual and mechanical remake (like the FF7 Remake they're working on?).

Both KOTOR games.

Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2. But only if Kojima is involved in the whole process.

Marc Ecko's Getting Up. Since we're not getting a new one, just remaster it with better graphics, camera, controls, etc. It doesn't need to be a completely new thing.

GTA Vice City.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By OurSin_360

Vampire the masquerade bloodlines, i've been trying to play it recently and it seems to have cool ideas but it is rough to say the least.

That said i say leave everything alone, after finally getting the final fantasy 7 remake i thought i wanted I think it's safe for me to say i don't want any remakes of classic games.

@darth_navster said:

Mass Effect, Mass Effect, Mass Effect! This is the single remaster that needs to happen, especially during the impending release of Mass Effect: Andromeda. Currently, the entire Mass Effect trilogy is not available on current gen consoles (barring ME1 back compat on X1 and possibly PS Now), while the previous gen and PC have the option of purchasing a so-called "trilogy pack" that lacks much of the DLC that made ME2/3 so worth playing. In addition, the PC versions are pretty jacked, with (I believe) no controller support for ME3. As a huge fan of Mass Effect, and as someone who has the trilogy (plus all DLC) on my Xbox 360's hard drive, this is the one remaster I would happily buy on day one.

There seems to be a mod that patches in the Controller support and hud in all 3 mass effect games, i almost bought them on steam sale but realized that 3 was on origin and saved myself the money lol.

Darth_Navster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@oursin_360: True enough, but you're still going to have to shell out for (annoyingly overpriced) DLC. I just want to pack up my 360 dammit, and Mass Effect won't let me!

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26  Edited By N7

I'd love to play a Bouncer remake. That game made quite the impression on me in my younger days. I really liked the look and feel of it and I thought the character designs were cool. I mean the guy with demon horns is Volt Kruger and he wears a leather jacket with cactaur on the back! How is he not the illest?

The story was also pretty crazy. Pretty sure you're all a bunch of bar owners and the girlfriend of one of the main characters gets kidnapped and it ends with them on a space station fighting androids? Pretty rad bruh.

Also I think it was implied that Kruger got his horns because he went to hell? I'm not sure, it's been roughly 15 years.

EDIT 3: Just checked and the website is still up. Here is a choice selection from the bio of Sion Barzhad.

Bouncer at a bar called FATE. After losing his girlfriend two years ago, SION closed off his heart.

But DOMINIQUE's bright and warm heart is beginning to open him up again.

Silver accessories are his trademark.

SION loves the DOG STREET brand.

EDIT 2: OHHHH I JUST GOT IT. They aren't bar owners they are BOUNCERS, hence the name.

EDIT: Just look at the synopsis, this game was the shit.

The Mikado Special Forces kidnaps Dominique Cross and it is up to the three bouncers of the bar, Fate: Sion Barzahd, Volt Krueger, and Kou Leifoh to rescue Dominique and put an end to the Mikado Group international megacorporation.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weird to see Chrono Trigger mentioned so much. I would like a remake, but only if it were essentially the same art style but high-res, widescreen, redesigned over world, and with more detailed animation all around. It doesn't need to be polygonal.

That being said PSX RPGs like Vagrant Story, Xenogears, Brave Fencer Musashi, and FF Tactics could have so e love thrown their way. Tactics did get a remake on PSP, but that didn't quite get all the things quite right. The Alundra games would be nice too, probably more spruced up re-releases than overhauls like the others I mentioned.

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Kane and Lynch.

That series needed to be in the oven longer and under better care. There's promise in both games that is marred by various issues. Playing as a detestable duo with psychological problems is something that we need more of in games (I know that sounds crazy).It wouldn't be original, as Spec Ops The Line made you hate what you were doing too, but more games like that with psychological themes would be great.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Morrowind

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Dark Souls

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

TIE Fighter

Even though the story is no longer canon, it's still a really interesting Star Wars story that showed a lot of the fighting that went on inside the Empire.

Unfortunately, it'd probably lose all its sim aspects in favor of a more on-rails Rogue Squadron style of gameplay (At the very least, it'd introduce auto-regen shields/unlimited full power lasers and lose the in-flight missile reloading/ S/W/E system) and lose a lot of secret objectives to make it more friendly... If I recall, some of the secret objectives were really secret, and if you weren't paying attention to the briefings, or were lucky, or both, you'd miss out on sweet force lightning tatoos.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Driveclub

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#33  Edited By Marz

FFVI (not the shitty mobile update)

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#34 fisk0  Moderator

I just rediscovered LucasArts debut game Rescue on Fractalus! recently, and goddamn that game did some neat stuff in 1984. It may be a bit too simple to do a straight remake of, I think, but I can see plenty of ways it could be modernized without messing up what's there, like adding an FTL style campaign with branching paths or something.

I'd really like it if they could figure out a way to make a new rendering engine in style with the old fractal based geometry though, it just looks rad.

Loading Video...

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By stonyman65

@lv4monk: Oh man I forgot about Way of the Samurai! I loved that game.

Anyway, I would love to see a new Resident Evil - not just another remake but an entire series reboot.

I'd like to see a Rainbow Six reboot bringing the series back to its tactical simulator roots.

Metal Gear. Don't know how that would go without Kojima but I think a remake of MG1 and MG2 or a complete reboot would be cool.

An old-school Fallout reboot. After seeing what InXile was able to do with Wasteland 2 on a crowd funded budget, I'm really interested in a AAA-funded isometric Fallout game. Give InXile a few million and let them do it!

SWAT/Police Quest. Seriously, we need more tactical simulators.

Vice City but made with the GTA V engine.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Freedom Fighters

devise22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I know they are doing a Skyrim remaster, but I'd much rather they do one for older games like Oblivion and Morrowwind. Could even bundle both together for selling. They would sell tons of copies of those on console if all they did was pretty up the graphics/put that stuff in their newest engine and add some of the improvements gameplay wise on Skyrim. Give them mod support on top of that and it'd be pretty great.

groposo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite RTS groing up: METAL FATIGUE.

and all the Dune games 'cause that's my favorite book series. Fuck give jodorowsky money and let him make his goddamn movie.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Freedom Fighters; Republic Commando... More. I don't have more on mind at the second, but I know there are more that I'd love.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By NTM

@atastyslurpee: Yeah, that's what I had on mind as well. To be honest though? I played it just before The Division came out, and the game is far more repetitive than I remember it being. It's still good, but not quite as good as I remember it.

nate6858

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bushido Blade. Bushido Blade!

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Syphon Filter, or Metal Gear 1 and Metal Gear 2.

dasakamov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bloody Roar.

G-Police.

Mercenaries.

Also, I second Freedom Fighters. Although, with most of those entries, I'm less interested in a re-make/re-boot and more interest in a modern sequel.

For an actual re-make, I'd give my right arm for SSI's "Gold Box" D&D adventures; Poo*l of Radiance, Eye of the Beholder, Menzoberranzan, Strahd's Curse, Wake of yhe Ravager, and so on.

*But only if I could replace it with a functioning cyber-arm.

lead_dispencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My vote is San Andreas and the original mgs. You apply just about everything the same from GTASA and give it that new polish and updated graphics. Throw in the better shooting and pow. That's good clean ol fashioned fun

And mgs because seeing the original story unfold with liquid and solid snake in that new fox engine would just make my brain melt

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

Total Annihilation with better UI, zoomable camera, and other quality of life improvements would still be an incredible strategy game. Better than either SupCom, even

bill_mcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Colony Wars

Silent Storm

Chip & Dale's Rescue Rangers

Heretic / Hexen

Stonekeep (maybe? It might be interesting to see it as a VR game)

Alpha Protocol

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

We've done Doom and we've done Wolfenstein 3D, now I think it's time for Catacomb 3-D. Also, Hovertank.