#1 Posted by uber_skedy (33 posts) -

Hey guys, I've been looking through the wiki for a concept along the lines of 'infinite games', 'games that don't end', 'endless gameplay' or something like that. Does the site have a concept page for something along those lines? Am I just missing something obvious?

I'm looking for games that just go on forever, the sort of thing where skill is the progression cap and there really aren't any levels. Just score. Or near enough to this sort of thing. So can someone point me towards the relevant page or, if it doesn't exist, fire away with some of your favourite games with no end.

#2 Posted by eroticfishcake (7782 posts) -

@uber_skedy: A quick search has brought me to this page. Seems oddly lacking though so there might be another page that's gotten more attention.

#3 Posted by Bouncebread (7 posts) -

Pretty sure any kind of MMO falls under this category

#4 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

You mean just a score-eater?

#5 Posted by Rebel_Scum (645 posts) -

Transbot

All the infinite game you will ever need.

#6 Posted by PerryVandell (2103 posts) -

This topic made me instantly think of Catherine. It wasn't a super long game by any stretch, but MY GOD did that game not want to end. Every time I expected the credits to roll, there'd be a box puzzle in its place. Still enjoyed the game, but damn...

#7 Posted by uber_skedy (33 posts) -

@eroticfishcake: *face palm* never ending seems so obvious now that you've mentioned it. Totally what I was looking for, big ol' list of games to browse through.

@Rebel_Scum: haha, yes exactly like this.....that video makes it look a little too easy though.

@Napalm: Yeah I think so. I haven't come across that term before though.

I remember an endless zombie wave challenge in Time Splitters on the gamecube that I used to put hours and hours into. I guess I'm looking for stuff similar to this. Something that just builds up in intensity over time but doesn't have a pesky 'end', or level change, to get in the way or much up the pace.

#8 Posted by BeachThunder (11728 posts) -

Super Crate Box springs to mind ^__^

Also, just added it (and Tetris) to the wiki page.

#9 Posted by Leptok (942 posts) -

This is the game that never ends
Yes it goes on and on my friends
Some people started playing it not knowing what it was
And they will keep on playing it forever just because

This is the game that never ends
Yes it goes on and on my friends
Some people started playing it not knowing what it was
And they will keep on playing it forever just because

#10 Posted by JerichoBlyth (1044 posts) -

....Football Manager? lol

#11 Posted by thatdutchguy (1271 posts) -

@uber_skedy: Animal Crossing ?

#12 Posted by Nightriff (4931 posts) -

@thatdutchguy said:

Animal Crossing ?

Was going to come here and say this and Facebook games

#13 Posted by Anund (876 posts) -

Mount & Blade: Warband

#14 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Most multiplayer-only games?

#15 Edited by Hizang (8533 posts) -

People have different ideas about what classifies as a game that won't end, some would argue that Skyrim has an ending and that Minecraft has an ending, when honestly they don't. But then if they don't have endings then GTA San Andreas is never ending, so is Super Mario 64. It's a hard line, very hard.

#16 Posted by Deleth (250 posts) -

Sandbox game's should mostly count. Stuff like GTA, the X - Series like Albion Prelude and other things. There's quite a variety of them.

#17 Posted by Rincewind (249 posts) -

Beat Hazard? As long as you have the music library to back it up.

#18 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

ROBOTRON 2084!