#1  Edited By Raif
Alex_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Alex_V

Cooking Mama, along the same lines as Serial Mom.

RedShirt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By RedShirt

Only if they're not directed by Uwe Boll

SonicFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By SonicFire

It might sound odd, but I don't think any games should end up as movies. Let's face it, we have yet to see a good true-to-form adaptation. But part of that is because the best games flesh out good stories over a long period of time. We can look at some of the games that play out as if they were movies (like MGS4), but it takes probably 15 hours to get that story across. I just don't see a game adaptation making any great deal of sense over the 2 or so hours most movies tend to run

banksrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By banksrob

fallout 3 would just be awesome

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By I_smell

The Matrix. That'd be awesome.

Foil_Charizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Foil_Charizard

Half Life.

Raif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Raif
SonicFire said:
"It might sound odd, but I don't think any games should end up as movies. Let's face it, we have yet to see a good true-to-form adaptation. But part of that is because the best games flesh out good stories over a long period of time. We can look at some of the games that play out as if they were movies (like MGS4), but it takes probably 15 hours to get that story across. I just don't see a game adaptation making any great deal of sense over the 2 or so hours most movies tend to run"
I agree with that. Thats why I think  not having it in live action would help a lot but I could see maybe making them a animated series to have more time to tell the story and background.
Sharvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9  Edited By Sharvie

I second Half-Life, maybe also Lost Odyssey.

nubsway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By nubsway

1. Final Fantasy X
2. Halo Halo Halo
3. Portal
4. Bioshock
5. Zelda

PhilESkyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By PhilESkyline

Metal Gear Solid (they could milk it for days)

Shenmue (Jet-Li could play as Lan-Di, the man who killed your dad)

Foil_Charizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Foil_Charizard
I_smell said:
"The Matrix. That'd be awesome."
Lmfao, what?
Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By Fosssil

I really couldn't see Half-Life: The Movie working out in any capacity. The only movie I can think of off the top of my head that was successful with a wordless protagonist was Wall-E, but I don't think the formula that Pixar used to such great effect in that movie would work at all for Gordon Freeman. Same goes for a Zelda movie -- no protagonist voice = no-go at the box office.

I know it's probably inevitable, but I want to see a Halo movie. To be frank, the story in the Halo games is watered down in comparison to the narrative told in the novels, so there's plenty of substance there to make something worth watching. Plus, if the Halo short films are any indicator, the action from the game translates pretty well to the big screen. I think if it were put in the right hands (read: not Uwe Boll), a Halo film could be great.

stAtic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By stAtic

Right now, I just want the Metal Gear Solid movie to come out! xD

carzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By carzy

Halo nuff said.

Foil_Charizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Foil_Charizard
Fosssil said:
"I really couldn't see Half-Life: The Movie working out in any capacity. The only movie I can think of off the top of my head that was successful with a wordless protagonist was Wall-E, but I don't think the formula that Pixar used to such great effect in that movie would work at all for Gordon Freeman. Same goes for a Zelda movie -- no protagonist voice = no-go at the box office.

I know it's probably inevitable, but I want to see a Halo movie. To be frank, the story in the Halo games is watered down in comparison to the narrative told in the novels, so there's plenty of substance there to make something worth watching. Plus, if the Halo short films are any indicator, the action from the game translates pretty well to the big screen. I think if it were put in the right hands (read: not Uwe Boll), a Halo film could be great.
"
Half Life 2 has an amazing story that is just begging to be adapted to the silver screen, If it were ever made into a movie I think Gordon would obviously have
to talk. I have no problem with a movie version of Freeman talking because the movie is not necessarily game canon.
Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By Fosssil
Foil_Charizard said:
"Fosssil said:
"I really couldn't see Half-Life: The Movie working out in any capacity. The only movie I can think of off the top of my head that was successful with a wordless protagonist was Wall-E, but I don't think the formula that Pixar used to such great effect in that movie would work at all for Gordon Freeman. Same goes for a Zelda movie -- no protagonist voice = no-go at the box office.

"
Half Life 2 has an amazing story that is just begging to be adapted to the silver screen, If it were ever made into a movie I think Gordon would obviously have
to talk. I have no problem with a movie version of Freeman talking because the movie is not necessarily game canon.
"
I fully agree that the story itself is more than movie-worthy, but I just think that having Gordon talk would harm the overall experience.
Murpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Murpan
Fosssil said:
If they did make a Zelda movie I'd rather see a normal voice applied to Link, rather than just hearing his grunts for 120 minutes.
Avatar image for cleverloginname
CleverLoginName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CleverLoginName

Shadow of the Colossus, that was a good one.

PhilESkyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PhilESkyline
CleverLoginName said:
"Shadow of the Colossus, that was a good one."
I forgot about that one. Good call man. Can you image watching that on an IMAX screen...:drool:
Locke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Locke

I'm still waiting for "The Dark Knight" of video game movies.  Hell, I'd settle for the "Spiderman 2" of video game movies.

DappaDizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DappaDizzle

Halo

Half Life
Mass Effect 
TheGodPoet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheGodPoet

I say

Final Fantasy X

Elder Scrolls

and maybe

Beyond Good and Evil.

Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Oriental_Jams

Psychonauts would make for one interesting movie. I'd say Half Life as well (both one and two).

Schizoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By Schizoid

Definitely Mass Effect. Also Star Wars: Jedi Knight Jedi Outcast, that would be awesome.

Bilawal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

#26  Edited By Bilawal

Metal gear solid, if made by a good director and shit.

But all-in-all no, games and movies should never form a relationship, ever.

Bkorns4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Bkorns4

What i think is great is that games are starting to be a lot more like movies in general. Take Metal Gear Solid 4 for example. While discussing it with people i have even accidentally called it a movie as opposed to a game. I don't think we need games being adapted to the big screen, but we need games with more depth. I think games are on the right track right now, and i don't think turning a 20 hour video game into a 2 hour movie can really do it justice.

cann3dheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28  Edited By cann3dheat

None. Game movies are terrible. The only one I'm looking forward to is the Bioshock, because it had a great story and is being handled by a decent director. Uwe Boll = lose.

Lieutenant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Lieutenant
Raif said:
"

2. Psychonauts

"
By Pixar? Yes please

Uncharted and God of War I think would be great movies. MGS is too crazy to be a movie, it would be like a live action anime.
I would say Mass Effect... but they already did that and perfected it.. it's called Star Wars.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

^ agreed, psychonauts should be one.  It basically felt like a pixar movie