#1 Edited by GalacticGravy (550 posts) -

I love that setting so much. I love being on huge spaceships or space stations. Looking for games that primarily take place on these settings. It's OK if you go off for a while, but I want a large portion of the game (let's say at least half) to take place on a spaceship or space station. If you add to this thread, I'll add it to this first post. I can only think of a few off the top of my head.

*Edit* as far as spaceships are concerned, I mean that you're on them as a setting. Like a big one. Star Wars: X-wing vs. TIE Fighter wouldn't work here.

*EditEdit* I'm also adding terrestrial stations to the list. Like Moon bases and stuff. For all intents and purposes they're the same as space stations. They're often abandoned, moody technological pieces and that's what I'm looking for.

The List

Dead Space

Dead Space 2

System Shock

System Shock 2 (Right? I never played it)

Gemini Rue

Prey

The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay

The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena

LifeLine

Dino Crisis 3

Sentient

Space Station Silicon Valley

Routine (Technically a moon base, but spiritually it's the same)

Xenophobe

Space Siege

Space Hulk: Vengeance of the Blood Angels

Echo Night: Beyond

Analogue: A Hate Story

7 Days a Skeptic

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - The Fallen

Fallout 3 - Mothership Zeta (DLC)

Aliens: Infestation

Metroid Fusion

Metroid: Other M

Moon

Rama

Starship Titanic

Vanquish

Startopia

Doom 3

#2 Posted by psylah (2185 posts) -
#3 Posted by awesomeusername (4216 posts) -

I know some games that are LIKE being on a space station or are in them for a couple minutes. You named everything I would know already.

#4 Posted by sir_gunblade (126 posts) -

Sentient: Explore the Infinite

#5 Posted by JasonR86 (9723 posts) -

@sir_gunblade said:

Fucking that game! First thing I thought of when I came in here.

Also, most of the Wing Commander games.

#6 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

Doom

Doom 3 and its expansion

Metroid series

The Mass Effect series

#7 Edited by MattyFTM (14431 posts) -

@JasonR86 said:

@sir_gunblade said:

Yeah. I came in here to post that. I thought I'd be the only one. Apparently I've been deeply misinformed about the popularity of that game.

#8 Posted by JasonR86 (9723 posts) -

@MattyFTM said:

@JasonR86 said:

@sir_gunblade said:

Yeah. I came in here to post that. I thought I'd be the only one. Apparently I've been deeply misinformed about the popularity of that game.

That game was insane. I never totally got all of the mechanics as a kid but it was one of the most memorable games I played on the Playstation.

#9 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Space Quest

#10 Posted by ChrisTobin (56 posts) -

Space Station Silicon Valley

#11 Posted by Levius (1226 posts) -

Halo series (depending on how you define space station all of them but Halo 2 come close to half the game even without the rings), Alien Breed (the new games), Space Siege and Run Like Hell. I'm not sure about the last two, I never played them.

#12 Posted by Kidavenger (3625 posts) -
#13 Posted by gunninkr (148 posts) -

Space Siege

#14 Posted by Kidavenger (3625 posts) -
#15 Edited by myketuna (1755 posts) -

Would FTL count?

EDIT:

Ah, I see what you meant now. Never mind.

#16 Edited by Jeust (10852 posts) -
  • Aliens Trilogy
  • Space Hulk: Vengeance of the Blood Angels
  • Echo Night: Beyond
#17 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

Anoluge: A Hate Story, Its not a gritty setting, and its probably not what you are looking for because its a Visual Novel, but it is pretty damn good.

Rochard, I own it, but have not played it. It sounds like 2d Portal in space.

Wing Commander

#18 Posted by Salarn (469 posts) -
#19 Posted by Village_Guy (2660 posts) -

Halo: Combat Evolved technically takes place all on a spaceship and a space station.

#20 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

7 Days a Skeptic

#21 Posted by Pazy (2601 posts) -

Phantasy Star 3: Generations of Doom

#22 Edited by sir_gunblade (126 posts) -
#23 Posted by Grimmy616 (411 posts) -

Rochard takes place on a mining station and other space stations.

#24 Edited by WickedFather (1733 posts) -

Space Station Sim and 2.0? I think them had some station spacing aspects.

Rendezvous with Rama had an adventure game and a later version Rama. Read the books.

#26 Posted by Giantstalker (1725 posts) -
#27 Posted by Leptok (942 posts) -

Natural Selection? Wasn't there a lot of station levels?

#28 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

Since the Space Hulks have been mentioned, I'll mention that Warhammer 40,000 game on XBLA, what was it called...?

Kill Team, that's it.

It takes place entirely within the bowels of an Ork spaceship (PURGE THE BEASTS!)

#29 Posted by PenguinDust (12626 posts) -
#30 Posted by thomasnash (585 posts) -

Startopia? I'm being a bit facetious, because you seem to want games where you wander round a space station, but this might interest you. It's a management sim where you build a space station. It's a bit more like Theme Hospital/Park than it is like sim city. Quite narrow in scope. I'm pretty hazy on how it played, to be honest, but I remember thinking it had a neat presentation with the circular space stations, and it's a setting you don't/didn't often see for those games...

#31 Edited by Delta_Ass (3282 posts) -
#32 Posted by project343 (2838 posts) -
#33 Posted by GalacticGravy (550 posts) -

@WickedFather: The original Rendezvous With Rama is my favorite book of all time. I read the series when I was like 18-19 and it's always stuck with me. It's funny that I started that series for the sole reason that I saw the cover to the final book Rama Revealed and thought "That looks awesome. I need to read that" so I picked up the first.

#34 Posted by believer258 (12176 posts) -

@BoogieWithStu I'm pretty sure the first Marathon takes place largely on a space station, though I'm not entirely certain.

#35 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5818 posts) -

Startopia

#36 Posted by Encephalon (1333 posts) -

A lot of the Mass Effect trilogy takes place on terrestrial bodies, so I'm not sure it qualifies.

#37 Posted by falling_fast (2277 posts) -

I came in here to tell you about system shock 2, but you already have it on yr list.

#38 Posted by mlarrabee (3057 posts) -

@BoogieWithStu: I'm just here to say you have to play System Shock 2. And System Shock 1, with Malba's mouselook mod, if you haven't played that gem.

#39 Posted by supamon (1334 posts) -

Looking at the list, I get why I liked Dead Space 1 & 2. There really needs to be more original Sci-Fi games. Heck, just more Sci-Fi in general would be great.

#40 Posted by SpaceRunaway (873 posts) -
#41 Posted by captain_clayman (3328 posts) -

So...not Galaga?

#42 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2690 posts) -

All I thought of was doom, on account of BFG edition.

#43 Posted by Icemael (6363 posts) -

Vanquish is entirely set on a space station. The R-Type games have a lot of that stuff too. Also, the last third of Metal Slug 3 is set on a spaceship.

#44 Posted by GalacticGravy (550 posts) -

@mlarrabee: Haha I'd love to! If anyone knows where I could find System Shock 2, playable on Windows 7 64-bit, PM me with the details!

#45 Posted by Twisted_Scot (1180 posts) -

Alien Breed

#46 Edited by GalacticGravy (550 posts) -

Added Doom 3. After watching the quick look I think it can fit in this.

Also, I remember the game Xenosaga and most of Xenosaga 2 (never finished it) taking place mostly on ships and stations. Can anyone confirm?