Games that whipped your @$$!

BiG_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By BiG_Weasel

I was talking to a buddy of mine about which games were the toughest, most brutal, nad-bashers ever made. I'm talkin' games so hard, they made  you scream at the top of your lungs in frustration. To that end, I come before you with an open floor to vent about that *one* game that pisses you off to no end.

For me, that game is the original NES Ghosts n' Goblins. Over the years, I've made many, many attempts to beat it....never came even remotely close to finishing the game. I think I made it 2-3 stages in after long hours of rinse-and-repeat playing. To this day, I've never finished it, and have never met someone who has.

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Bullet_Jr

I had Ghosts n' Goblins in mind when I clicked on this topic.

The Metal Slug series is pretty damn brutal too though.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#3  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Battletoads.  Holy shit, that game punished me, beat me, spit in my open wounds, rubbed dirt in my eyes, and gave me a couple of crotch shots for a farewell parting.  Also, the old TMNT Nintendo game.  Sweet wounded Jesus, that game was brutal.

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Bullet_Jr
Sparky_Buzzsaw said:
"Battletoads.  Holy shit, that game punished me, beat me, spit in my open wounds, rubbed dirt in my eyes, and gave me a couple of crotch shots for a farewell parting.  Also, the old TMNT Nintendo game.  Sweet wounded Jesus, that game was brutal."
Yeah, fuck swimming through that seaweed in TMNT.
End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By End_Boss
Sparky_Buzzsaw said:
"Battletoads."

No Caption Provided
BiG_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By BiG_Weasel

Damn, man...I forgot all about the original TMNT game. That was hard as hell. I remember people purposefully using Raphael first because he sucked, and Don last. That would've been a good game, if it weren't so damn hard.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Snipzor

It's all about the Ninja Gaiden and the Battletoads.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Call of duty world at war realistic strorming the reichstag I spent 2 weeks trying to beat that level and it turned out cause the game was glitched.

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By gunswordfist
Sparky_Buzzsaw said:
"Battletoads.  Holy shit, that game punished me, beat me, spit in my open wounds, rubbed dirt in my eyes, and gave me a couple of crotch shots for a farewell parting.  Also, the old TMNT Nintendo game.  Sweet wounded Jesus, that game was brutal."
Yeah I HATE those Speeder Bike levels. hehe
Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Pibo47

Every COD game on vet, besides 4. And NG:Black

Stanford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Stanford

Little Big Planet is constantly kicking my ass

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By LiquidPrince

Ninja turtles on the SNES was freaking hard...

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw
gunswordfist said:
"Sparky_Buzzsaw said: Yeah I HATE those Speeder Bike levels. hehe"

Oh hell yeah.  They were fun in theory and for the first few minutes.  After that?  Ugh.  I still occasionally catch myself tapping the music that plays when you pause that game because I had to do it so frequently.  It never helped, but it kept me from chucking a controller out the window.
Pibo47 said:
"Every COD game on vet, besides 4. And NG:Black"

I didn't really have a whole lot of trouble with 2 or 4, but World at War is kicking my ass.  Part of it is the color scheme.  I have a hell of a hard time seeing the Japanese.  I know that's the point, but still, I'm a bit tired of getting stuck by an enemy every few minutes.  This is mostly due to my vision problems, as I have that trouble with a lot of shooters in general.  The Gears of War games kick my ass in that regard - even on the easiest setting, it's so hard for me to spot certain enemies that it becomes a lesson in frustration.
AvD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By AvD
gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By gunswordfist
Sparky_Buzzsaw said:
"gunswordfist said:
"Sparky_Buzzsaw said: Yeah I HATE those Speeder Bike levels. hehe"

Oh hell yeah.  They were fun in theory and for the first few minutes.  After that?  Ugh.  I still occasionally catch myself tapping the music that plays when you pause that game because I had to do it so frequently.  It never helped, but it kept me from chucking a controller out the window.

Yeah I still can't get past those levels. I've only beaten Battletoads (Arcade)

Also, Earthworm Jim has an impossible level. I STILL can't get past the second glass bubble underwater sequence. Nothing like dying from tapping into something. After 10 years, I'm still not good enough to beat it. lol
sketch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By sketch

The last few levels of Dynamite Headdy were skull smashingly hard. I spent years trying to beat that game, and it holds the distinction fo being the only game in my collection I have never completed. (with the exception of some RPG's). Comix Zone was pretty hard as well, but I got the better of that one.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I was trying to think of any hard adventure games that kicked my ass without a guide.  Willy Beamish, Les Manly: Search for the King, and Myst came to mind, but they never felt impossible to me.  Just frustrating.  I've still yet to beat Willy Beamish, come to think of it.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Gizmo

This crazy Terminator game for the Gameboy. I played that for about 2 years every day and could not get past the first 20 seconds.