• 138 results
Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#101  Edited By Driadon

The Final Fantasy series,or 95% of Japanese RPGs that are so story focused it becomes obtuse.

Shermanator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Shermanator

Any of the call of duty games, RTS games in general, and Oblivion.  I went an hour in oblivion without seeing anything except like 2 wolves and then i died. I then relized i didnt save my game.  I then took o
Jrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103  Edited By Jrad

Quite a few, really:

TF2. I'll occasionally pop in for a few rounds, but I have friends who do nothing but play it.
 MW2/MW1 multiplayer. It's not terrible, but again, I don't see how people could play it for hundreds of hours. I got to level 70 once and was done with it.
 Fallout 3. I played the first two hours and found it to be a bit boring and it wasn't conversation-focused enough, so I went back to Fallout 2.
 Oblivion. This is a strange one. I played it for hours and hours when it first came out and loved it. I went back to it a few days ago and had the same issue I had with Fallout 3.
 Dragon Age. I feel like I'm working to play the game. It's not a casual romp through dungeons/story/conversations. I am actively working to beat it. Good for slow days, but...
 Half-Life 1 & 2 & the episodes. I tend to enjoy single-player FPS games. I actually bought HL2 a few months after its release and never actually played the singleplayer. Mostly I just messed around in Garry's Mod.
 FF7. Damn you random encounters! I truly wanted to enjoy that game, but I only got 3-4 hours in due to the rage-inducing random encounters every 10 steps. Repetitive battles are its strong point!
 Plants vs Zombies. Okay. This game is pretty okay. Why does everyone love it so much? There are much better tower defense games (That gem one, for instance)

Inf225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#104  Edited By Inf225

I ave a couple...

Left 4 Dead (both): Maybe its becuase I don't really play games with others but this game just goes right over my head... Oh the boomer spit on me again... just great...
Resident Evil 4-5: I don't find the tension of lacking ammo to be fun... and these games just feel so unpolished...

Hmm... maybe its a zombie thing...

mrcellophane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#105  Edited By mrcellophane

I really, REALLY don't understand Noby Noby Boy. I don't the appeal and I certainly don't get the point. Also much of the Final Fantasy stuff (except IX, which spellbound me) 
And flOw

IndexChaos42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By IndexChaos42

any MMO and DLC. i pay for my games once
also, paying for tower defense games. there are free ones on the net, and they're all the same

LocatedSafe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By LocatedSafe

I just can't seem to enjoy the GTA games.  I guess I like my games to be a bit more linear and directed.  Open world games have always seemed to be a little ADD to me.  I do like games that have a bit of a "choose your own adventure" to them, like ME1/2, KOTOR1/2, where you get to decide what parts of the mid level game you want to do in what order.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#108  Edited By Seppli

The Total War frachise. I am positive, that they are amazing games - all of them. Yet I never managed to enjoy myself playing them. And I tried. I really, really tried.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Seppli
Elder Scrolls too. Just like Total War - I am positive about them being amazing games, yet I fail to enjoy myself playing them. Did like 30ish dungeoncrawls in Oblivion and most of the main quests and it just never clicked. Same for Morrowind. Even worse - in Morrowind my character got some kind of plague and slowly degenerated and eventually died out of weakness. I later found out the plague was story related, yet I got it by exploration - not by doing the main quests - so I didn't have any pointers at all how to cure it. Put it down and never picked it up again.
agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By agentboolen

Mass Effect!!! I tried to like it but it doesn't feel right to me.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Seppli
@agentboolen said:

" Mass Effect!!! I tried to like it but it doesn't feel right to me. "

Did take me about 3 attempts at playing it until it finally clicked. But boy-o-boy - once it clicked, IT CLICKED!
fakemeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By fakemeat

MMORPGs. They just don't feel like I'm playing a real game. I kill a buncha dudes, stand around for a moment or two too long, and they respawn. It's like nothing you do matters. Just not fun.

DJL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By DJL

I guess I'm going to be the first and maybe only one to say this, but WRPGs. 

I played Fallout 3, and while some moments were pretty enjoyable, there were just as many incredibly dull moments as well. And I don't get interested when looking at other WRPGs, as well. And when watching a friend of mine play Oblivion, I was kinda bored when watching it. 

I guess I can kinda understand how people can get into WRPGs, but they just do not appeal to me at all.

applet0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By applet0n

Never understood Half Life 2. I've tried going back to it, and forcing myself to finish it, but I just can't. I'll probably get round to it just to say I've experienced it, but the people who say it's aged well just don't make sense to me... 

Maybe it was something you had to be there at the time for to experience.

Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#115  Edited By captain_clayman

every JRPG 
i've tried really hard to get into those games... 
but the combat is just...UGHHHH

nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#116  Edited By nukesniper

Kingdom Hearts. I have it and just can't get into it.  

Devil May Cry. I have 1, 3 and 4 and I haven't gotten more than 1/4 of the way through any of them. I don't like the feel of them. 

Metal Gear Solid (all of them) I love the story behind the games, but right now I'm playing MGS4 and just don't like the gameplay as much as I wish I did. I find myself sad when the game goes "You are playing now" I'm usually interrupted from making popcorn for the sweet cinematics. 

Battlefield (1943 specifically) I feel like the game just happens too slowly. I like the BFBC2 demo more than 1943, but I just feel like "I wish I was playing MW2 instead..." while I'm playing Battlefield. 

Company of Heroes. I am simply no good at the game, and going online now is suicide. I don't hate myself enough to feel like I 'get' that game. It has appeal, but not enough for me. 

That's all I have off the top of my head.

Sabata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#117  Edited By Sabata

Diablo 2.  I tried playing it with friends a few months ago and it was the most boring game I have ever played.  I can't fathom how anyone finds that fun.

innacces14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By innacces14

Any RTS game because I fuckin' suck at them. Love watching friends play, but I get no kick out of being on the hot seat only to watch my defenses crumble. If anything I'll get a kick out of destroying my opponent's ONE unit then raise my hands in the air, say "done!", and walk away.

Quacktastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Quacktastic
@c0l0nelp0c0rn1 said:
" Super Metroid - I really want to buy and play Shadow Complex, but me not liking this game is kind of turning me off. I think its just the lack of a narrative "
I didn't think they made people that don't like Super Metroid.

Recently, Assassin's Creed 2.  I finished it, it's competent - I just don't see what everyone loves.  I disliked much more than I liked.  Really boring game play.
I haven't liked a Ubisoft developed game since Chaos Theory.  I should learn my lesson sometime.

I disliked every JRPG on the PS2 except Dragon Quest 8.  I don't get how people saw it as a JRPG machine especially after the PS1/SNES.
I think Deus Ex is good but really overrated.  The story is awful, and linear for a WRPG (and I should be able to turn on Paul), but the game play is solid.  I don't get the reverence.
Beyond Good and Evil - A couple of really good sequences but an unfinished and below average Zelda-like (Okami did it better, Alundra did it better).  It's decent, I don't get the cult status.
Kingdom Hearts (Does that count as a JRPG?) - I actually liked a lot about the first one despite how much it tried to get me to hate it, but after the second one I don't get how anyone looks forward to that franchise.
Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 4

@Quacktastic: Its not that I don't like super metroid, its just there isn't a giant blue line throughout the map showing me where to go. I always get a new power, and then I have to spend several hours finding out where to go. That's probably why I liked Metroid Fusion so much.
sup909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 5

#121  Edited By sup909

Any of the 3D Grand Theft Autos. 

I can see the appeal of the sandbox, but the control schemes in all three are horrendous. Driving a car is like trying to drive in molasses, and the shooting mechanic is about as clumsy as an RE game. Every generation a sandbox game does it better but for some reason everyone still loves the GTA games. 

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By HandsomeDead
@sup909 said:
" Any of the 3D Grand Theft Autos.   I can see the appeal of the sandbox, but the control schemes in all three are horrendous. Driving a car is like trying to drive in molasses, and the shooting mechanic is about as clumsy as an RE game. Every generation a sandbox game does it better but for some reason everyone still loves the GTA games.  "
They do story, character and atmosphere better than anyone.
Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#123  Edited By Icemael
  • Kingdom Hearts
  • Grand Theft Auto IV
  • No More Heroes
  • The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
  • The first Devil May Cry.
  • The vs. Capcom games.
  • The Final Fantasy series.
  • The Call of Duty series' multiplayer.
  • The Metal Gear Solid series.
  • The Ratchet & Clank series.
sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#124  Edited By sjschmidt93

Half-Life 2 + it's episodes. 

Ugh, it's just... not fun.

D0tti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#125  Edited By D0tti

Final Fantasy games: I've tried most off them, even the one on PSP(Chronicles or whatever it's called). Played a couple off hours and just gotten sick off it, really don't like the turn-based combat and the character models really don't appeal to me, same goes for the story in every game.

Oblivion: Booooring. Tried playing it 4-5 times, turn off the game like 5min after exiting the sewers in the beginning. Just hate when games are THAT big and I felt like I didn't know what to do in that game, just walking around ain't my thing. And i'm not saying that I want an linear gameplay, but damn at least give me something... Just didn't feel it. Fallout 3 on the other hand..

Gears of War: Only tried the first one, play the multiplayer part, man the controls felt heavy. Couldn't aim for shit and i've played
alot of TPS over the years both on the PC and consoles(finished Max Payne 2 with a laptop mouse :P) so don't really have any problems with  aiming and stuff like that in those games. And GeoW seems kinda boring also, played a little off the campaign, didn't really feel like it was a game for me.

Little Big Planet: I kinda liked it in the beginning, but afterwards it just got so boring. And I didn't even touch the level editor, don't see the fun in making u're own level. 

Every The Sims game: So pointless... And for some reason i've tried many off the Sims titles.

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Jayzilla

Athena for the NES. It didnt have an ending. You just got to a boss and killed it and you were stuck. It was lame.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

Shooters in general. I get the appeal, but 95% of shooters are littered with boredom, but Joe Shooter probably would say the same about Baldur's Gate or Diablo II.

The only shooters I've really enjoyed are Far Cry, Half Life 2 (+EP1/2), and BioShock 1&2.

Moridin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Moridin

Movie tie-in games... When will people learn...

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Brunchies

The most recent one I can remember besides Halo is Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind, I could not get into the game at all and Shadow Complex was kind of disappointing.

theguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By theguy

i dont get zelda games. I've heard they're awesome but when i try them they're really boring and no fun.

Avatar image for turboninjapanda
TurboNinjaPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By TurboNinjaPanda

Oblivion.  I tried to get into it when it first came out and I never made it past the first few hours.  Since then, I've come back to it a few times, but it has just never been able too hook me.  Oddly enough, I found Fallout 3 to be a fun and fulfilling experience. 

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Karl_Boss

Fallout 3.....I thought it was okay but the action was very bland and the story wasn't too great.....Never understood the hype.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By NTM

Not anymore, I used to when I was in like... Ninth grade. Now it's just like or dislike, like one over the other even when recognizing the other's still great. But yeahh, it used to be the Prince of Persia Sands of Time and so fourth. I was so into Ninja Gaiden I was trying to like them the same. Now, I think it's totally different. Eh, yeah.
ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#135  Edited By ImperiousRix

Battlefield: Bad Company is coming to mind right now.  I played it for about two hours when it first came out and quickly lossed interest.  Just a few months ago, the combination of the guilt of not "giving the game a fair shot", people's fondness for it, and the imminent sequel made me pick up the 20 dollar greatest hits edition of it. 
About 8 hours later, after playing through the campaign and some multiplayer, I was still very unimpressed.  I certainly understand why people like it, but I just couldn't get into the game in any way, shape, or form.

Semition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Semition

Risen  
Divine Divinity
Hitman series
Dynasty Warriors series
Racing games. With the exception of Mario Cart because I enjoy screwing around with the powers.  
Vanilla Oblivion. Having reinstalled Oblivion on my new computer without mods, it was sooooo boring.

Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@Fullmetal216:  i actually bought a kingdom hearts game and was bored as fuck.
nyuckelhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By nyuckelhead
@arab_prince said:
" @Fullmetal216:  i actually bought a kingdom hearts game and was bored as fuck. "
i beat the first one for some reason, but the second one was absolute crap, I played for like 2 hours and it was all talking and running around doing NOTHING!!! it was stupid the only other game that was actually worse was xenosaga. 
Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@nyuckelhead said:
" @arab_prince said:
" @Fullmetal216:  i actually bought a kingdom hearts game and was bored as fuck. "
i beat the first one for some reason, but the second one was absolute crap, I played for like 2 hours and it was all talking and running around doing NOTHING!!! it was stupid the only other game that was actually worse was xenosaga.  "
yeah the second one was the one i got. i heard such great reviews i tried to like it. it was incredibly boring, i hated that game. managed to sell it to a friend for 40 bucks, so its all good.
FuzzYLemoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By FuzzYLemoN

Dragon Age & Uncharted 2 in recent memory... I played both (and beat Uncharted 2), and I didn't like either of them at all. It kind of boggles the mind how people can shower them with such praise.