• 90 results
#1 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

I normally finish single player games whenever I get a new game, but it has become a frequent trend for me not to finish a single player game as more and more titles come out or come to a brick wall at some point in the game. It also doesn't help that I recently switched over from my 360 to the PC and bought tons of games from Steam. I probably really should be finishing some of the games I have right now:  

• Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - Single player didn't interest me enough to keep my attention
  • Borderlands - I don't see all the hype
  • Dead Space - Get too stressed out every half an hour in fear of those bloody aliens
  • Fallout 3 - I get no sympathy for not finishing this
  • Final Fantasy XIII - Got fed up the linearity, stopped right around boarding the airship
  • Resonance of Fate - I'm actually not sure why I stopped playing this game
  • Viva Pinata - I should have known that levels were actually smaller than I originally thought

Which games haven't you finished yet, but probably should have or should at some point?
#2 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6155 posts) -

The ones staring me in the face right now are Singularity, Darksiders, and Final Fantasy XIII.  I enjoyed each of them, but for various reasons, I just didn't finish them.  I will at some point, I suppose.

#3 Posted by ShaunassNZ (2128 posts) -
@Meteora said:
"
  • Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - Single player didn't interest me enough to keep my attention
  • Borderlands - I don't see all the hype
  • Fallout 3 - I get no sympathy for not finishing this
  • Viva Pinata - I should have known that levels were actually smaller than I originally thought

"
#4 Edited by Hourai (2795 posts) -
Fallout: New Vegas: I'm some 45 hours through the game and I still haven't finished it yet. I'll need to pick up that DLC soon too. Looooong game.
Undead Nightmare DLC: I stalled once I had to collect flowers and stuff. I got killed when I collected most of them and lost all my progress, so I got frustrated and haven't played since. Those things are hard to find. 
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: So many other games came out at the time that I couldn't get around to finishing it. I'm going to rent it again in a few weeks and beat it this time. 
Deadly Premonition:  I'm at the art gallery I think, not too far into the game. I want to finish it but there's just so many games to play right now. 
Vanquish: I'm over halfway through it, but I haven't touched it in about a week now. Something was frustrating me, but I can't remember what.  

Christmas definitely won't help if I get Cataclysm and a PS3. 
#5 Posted by inknail (155 posts) -

Lost Odyssey is the big one for me, since I started it almost a year ago, but Borderlands belongs here too. I've just become caught up with so many other games right now.

#6 Posted by Yorick (235 posts) -

Red Dead Redemption. I got to Mexico but stopped playing for some reason. I will probably start over if I do decide to finish it.
#7 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

heh heh... heheheheh... 

1. Indigo Prophecy
  2. Disgaea DS
  3. Final Fantasy IV
  4. Contra 4
  5. GTA Chinatown Wars
  6. Sonic Rush
  7. Warcraft 3
  8. Drill Dozer
  9. Tales of Phantasia
  10. Yggdra Union
  11. Battalion Wars
  12. Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
  13. Eternal Darkness
  14. Killer Seven
  15. Zelda: Majora's Mask
  16. Odama
  17. Luigi's Mansion
  18. P.N.03
  19. Resident Evil
  20. Viewtiful Joe
  21. Final Fantasy VII
  22. Star Fox Adventures
  23. Odin Sphere
  24. Parappa The Rapper
  25. Me and My Katamari
  26. Socom Us Navy Seals
  27. De Blob
  28. Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
  29. Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
  30. Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces
  31. Metroid Prime 3 Corruption
  32. Okami
  33. Punch Out!!
  34. Metroid Other M
  35. Burnout Paradise
  36. Dead Rising
  37. Halo Wars
  38. Actraiser
  39. Cave Story
  40. Kid Icarus
  41. Kirby 64
  42. LostWinds
  43. Mighty Flip Champs
  44. Ninja Gaiden (arcade)
  45. N+
  46. Starfox 64
  47. Sin and Punishment
  48. Super Mario 64
  49. Secret of Mana
  50. Super Mario World
  51. Shadow Complex
  52. Ikargua
  53. Castlevania Sympony of the Night

#8 Posted by JJOR64 (18956 posts) -

I need to go back and finish Titan Quest one of these days.

#9 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -
@AgentJ:  
Yo, I had to get a second player to help with Ninja Gaiden Arcade. I could not beat the last boss. Sooo difficult.
#10 Posted by krazy_kyle (716 posts) -

Fallout: New Vegas, Oblivion and Amnesia: Dark Descent
#12 Posted by Dimsey (951 posts) -

Battlefield: Bad Company.... 1. 
Bioshock... 1.  
Borderlands, which to be fair I only haven't finished because I'm playing through with my bro and he's always to busy.
Fallout: New Vegas...
God of War 3... 

Theres probably a couple more but these are the ones that spring immediantly to mind.

#13 Posted by iBePeRFeCT (396 posts) -
@Meteora: I have the exact same problem with Dead Space.  If you play it at night in the dark by yourself then that game is just way too intense to play longer than an hour at a time.
#14 Posted by JustinSane311 (335 posts) -

I never finished Super Marion Bros on the Nes. I've been meaning to finish that game for about 20 years now

#15 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5144 posts) -

Considing I put more than 100 hours in Halo 3 and 2 I really should finish Halo Reach.

#16 Edited by imsh_pl (3295 posts) -

Red Dead Redemption... I was propably about to finish it but then StarCraft II came out and took my life away.
Persona 3... played it after finishing Persona 4, which was a mistake: too many things were only reminders of why they did them better in Persona 4.
Still want to finish it because of the story, but the characters don't have as much personality as in the next Persona game.
Borderlands... just stopped playing it all of a sudden. I think it was a little too long for me, but without so much intensity similar to the other games.

#17 Posted by Lemoncookie01 (1667 posts) -

I can't force myself to start playing Final Fantasy tactics.The battles in that game are sooo long.

#18 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3483 posts) -
#19 Posted by arcade78 (185 posts) -
@Lemoncookie01: I totally agree and when you get a super high level character killed, you just wanna leave the game forever xD 

• Heavy Rain (working on that right now)
  • Final Fantasy 13 (dunno if ill ever do that xD)
  • Assassin's creed brotherhood (i dont even know why i stopped playing it, i thought it was going alright)
  • FFTactics (i must have started over on that game 20 times, and not once finished)
  • Uncharted 2 (i have no reasonable explanation for this...)
  • inFAMOUS (must finish that game.) 
#20 Posted by armaan8014 (5384 posts) -
@Meteora: 

Borderlands : Me neither. High five!
Dead Space: Haha! Had the exact same problem so I played it in short bursts with my friends so I don't get freaked (Gonna do the same with Amnesia) But I dunno, one day after they left, about halfway through the game, I just sat and continued playing and couldn't stop, and finished the WHOLE game from about the halfway point in one sitting. Man, you gotta do it man!
Fallout 3: Again, me neither. I started playing this game when it came out, but am still halfway through it. It's just really... tiring. Hoping to get to it some day. You got my sympathy!

BFBC2: Maybe this video will inspire you to finish it. Keep in mind, PLOT SPOILERS inside, but if you've no intention of finishing it, maybe this is the only way

But I have a feeling you might find this NON- SPOILER heavy video a little more... inspirational. There's a lot of love in it btw (It's a tribute to Giantbomb, in a way)

Don't know anything about the last 3. But of the above, get to Dead Space! (and maybe BFBC2!) 
#21 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -
@Meteora: Seems like the linearity of FFXIII would benefit you beating it quickly since there's nothing to explore. I will admit right now that I haven't played the game, but I don't see how linearity can be that bad of a thing. I'll also admit that I'm not really a Final Fantasy fan though, so maybe I just don't have the expectations that everyone else has. 

As for me though, I haven't finished Ninja Gaiden 2. It's freakin' hard.
#22 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -
@JJWeatherman said:
" @Meteora: Seems like the linearity of FFXIII would benefit you beating it quickly since there's nothing to explore. I will admit right now that I haven't played the game, but I don't see how linearity can be that bad of a thing. I'll also admit that I'm not really a Final Fantasy fan though, so maybe I just don't have the expectations that everyone else has.  As for me though, I haven't finished Ninja Gaiden 2. It's freakin' hard. "
You have a point, but I really just can't stand FFXIII at this point. Its been months since I last tried playing it. The most dreadful thing for me to do is go back to a RPG and go like "so uh, what's the story again? What am I doing?" 

The problem with FFXIII's extreme linearity is that it is one of the most extreme examples of a linear game. You just keep literally running straight forward to the next location. There are no towns, not that I know of, so there's really no change of pacing. Its the same thing over and over again for the first 10-15 hours I think. I hear it opens up after chapter 11 or 12 and I'm like a chapter behind that, but I don't think I can pull myself together to get through that massive disappointment.
#23 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -
@Meteora said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" @Meteora: Seems like the linearity of FFXIII would benefit you beating it quickly since there's nothing to explore. I will admit right now that I haven't played the game, but I don't see how linearity can be that bad of a thing. I'll also admit that I'm not really a Final Fantasy fan though, so maybe I just don't have the expectations that everyone else has.  As for me though, I haven't finished Ninja Gaiden 2. It's freakin' hard. "
 The most dreadful thing for me to do is go back to a RPG and go like "so uh, what's the story again? What am I doing?"  
I know exactly what you mean. I'm always forever grateful when there's a well-implemented quest and recent event log. 
#24 Posted by washablemarkers (93 posts) -
Mass Effect 2. I burned through the first one and, immediately when I was finished, eagerly ordered the second. I'm, like, maybe three or four hours in and I haven't played it in months. It can be my winter project. 
Also, Donkey Kong 64, since I'm on the last area of that game and can't get past this one part and it's been out for ten years and excuses, excuses, excuses.
#25 Posted by Moloney (56 posts) -

Saint's Row 2 and Resistance: Fall of Man. Just couldn't be arsed.
#26 Posted by Photomic (45 posts) -

Oh, so many:

• Dead Rising 2
  • Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions
  • inFAMOUS
  • Mafia II
  • Borderlands
  • Halo: Reach
  • Undead Nightmare
  • Fallout: New Vegas
  • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
  • Starcraft II

Hopefully the downtime in January next year will help me clear some of those out.
#27 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -
@washablemarkers said:
" Mass Effect 2. I burned through the first one and, immediately when I was finished, eagerly ordered the second. I'm, like, maybe three or four hours in and I haven't played it in months. It can be my winter project. "
Ooo, do finish it. I recommend taking you time and exploring all of the characters though. That was probably the best part for me.
#29 Posted by SMTDante89 (2567 posts) -

Claptrap Robolution (Borderlands DLC): Pretty much I'm at that point where I'm just not finding any desire to play Borderlands anymore, and my headset is busted now so if my friend and I play together, we have to guess at what we both want to do in the game.

ilomilo: Stuck on a few puzzles, been playing it on again off again.

Sly Collection:  On Sly 2 right now, I'm on a mission I had trouble with when I was younger and I guess it's kind of putting me off on trying to play that specific mission.

Splosion Man:  Other games have been taking up my time.

#30 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

#31 Posted by StingerMK2 (386 posts) -

i cant bring myself to finish red dead for some reason, had the same problem as a previous poster, got to mexico- did stuff- lost interest, 

and  with it beating mass effect 2 to pretty much every end of year award on gamespot, im quite embittered about the game now  aswell, i doubt ill go back to it to be honest,  

NEED TO FINISH ALAN WAKE, the game has been staring at me for months, but BFBC2 has just absorbed so much of my gaming time, 

#32 Posted by imsh_pl (3295 posts) -
@washablemarkers said:
" Mass Effect 2. I burned through the first one and, immediately when I was finished, eagerly ordered the second. I'm, like, maybe three or four hours in and I haven't played it in months. It can be my winter project. 
Also, Donkey Kong 64, since I'm on the last area of that game and can't get past this one part and it's been out for ten years and excuses, excuses, excuses. "
This. I had exactly the same problem. I intended to play ME first, and through the whole game my only goal was to get to the end so I could finally play the praised 2nd part. I was surprised how much I liked the game, which was nice - I only planned to play it so I could know the story and import my character. Then I started ME2, and... just kinda stopped playing it after a few hours. I have no idea why. 

But last week, when the whole GOTY stuff started everywhere, I figured it would be nice to play the game everyone's been putting on their list and I didn't have time to finish. I'm nearing the end now, and it's fucking amazing. Seriously, go play it: it's not too late, you don't have to play the first game again to remember the story (the whole gap between my playthroughs of the two games fits perfectly to the story, since Shepard's been in a 2-year coma). It's an amazing game, and you'll be amazed how it'll suck you in: don't postopne this masterpiece!
#33 Posted by ErrorOperator (458 posts) -

I was too bad at Bayonetta to finish it, I also gave up on the impossible trials in Dante's Inferno (But I really am happy I stopped playing that).

#34 Posted by FireBurger (1479 posts) -

Only thing that comes to mind is Secret of Monkey Island. Bought it at release, played a couple hours, got stuck and stopped playing. I was actually thinking about going back to it today to keep myself entertained and keep myself from spending money two days before Christmas.

#35 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

I kinda wanna finish Tales from Monkey Island before downloading BTTF. But a little adventure game goes a long way, I can only play like one a year.

#36 Posted by mubblegum (250 posts) -

I keep trying this bit I'm stuck on in Lost Oddyssey and never get anywhere. I want to sell the damn game but I feel obliged to keep punishing myself.

#37 Posted by MattBosten (497 posts) -

At the moment Borderlands for me; I've played a couple of hours after buying the GOTY edition earlier this year. Then New Vegas, Black Ops, Fable 3 and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood got in the way. Hopefully I'll get back to it next year.

#38 Posted by Rattle618 (1463 posts) -

I stopped worring about this a long time ago, now when I get sick of a game or just dont feel like playing it anymore I just uninstall it and move on.

#39 Posted by babblinmule (1262 posts) -

I've been meaning to finish Lost Odyssey for the last 2 years. I'll round to it eveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeentually....

#40 Posted by Galiant (2193 posts) -

Infamous. I don't remember why, as it was pretty good.

#41 Posted by Tennmuerti (8073 posts) -

Deus Ex

It's my one and only gaming sin.
I even have the game installed and went through the tutorial, but I can never just sit down and start playing it properly.

#42 Edited by pweidman (2326 posts) -

I'm guilty of this mostly on the pc side.  Still need to finish the Starcraft 2 campaign.  I'm around mission 13 or 14 I think, and it's very good gameplay wise.  Story is pretty much cheese.  I'll get after it at some point.  Haven't finished Torchlight yet either...pretty damn repetitive though, but still fun.  Maybe some day.....
#43 Posted by Seantacular218 (50 posts) -

Alan Wake

#44 Edited by fox01313 (5069 posts) -

For me it's the ones where I'm stuck but it's more of an issue of surviving or getting the timing down right.   

Limbo (good game but every puzzle that stumps me takes me out of the gameplay by having to go look up what to do) 
Painkiller (great game with insane sized bosses but tricky to survive the fight)  
Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl (so many ways to die in this but fun) 
Blood Omen 2 (been forever since I played it on the PS2 but tougher on the pc, maybe now that I have a logitech gamepad controller it'll be easier) 
Titan Quest (think I messed up on the talent/spell tree then just dropped it for picking up later) 

#45 Posted by MildMolasses (3219 posts) -

Jesus, I don't even know where to begin 

Halo Wars 
Halo: Reach 
Lego Harry Potter 
Splinter Cell: Conviction 
RDR dlc 
Borderlands dlc 
Stranglehold (unopened) 
50 Cent Blood on the Sand 
Deadly Premonition (unopened) 
Brutal Legend (unopened) 
Resonance of Fate 
Super Meat Boy 
Ninja Gaiden II (unopened) 
Fallout New Vegas 
Bionic Commando  
Vanquish 
Oblivion 

Plus there were a ton of games that I just traded in before finishing
#46 Posted by Discorsi (1390 posts) -

Dead Rising 2 seeing as I'm on the alst day, have finished every mission I've been presented option to beating and really enjoy the game. i stopped because I got sucked into halo reach. 

The other is Dragon Age Origins. Friends picked up black ops and we played the shit out of black ops and dragon age had to take the hit. Really liked Dragon Age too.

#47 Posted by RobotHamster (4171 posts) -

Chrono Trigger, I think I'm up to the final boss but I just haven't gone back to it.

#48 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

The Darkness
Overlord 1
Halo Wars

I'm too busy playing Scott Pilgrim/Cataclysm/Witcher :(

#49 Posted by Grimace (376 posts) -

Alone in the Dark  
Bionic Commando 
Dragon Age Origins 
Eternal Sonata 
Mercenaries 2 
Oblivion 
Portal 
Overlord 
Stranglehold  
Castlevania Lords of Shadow 
Fallout New Vegas 
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 
Eat Lead 
Saints Row 2 
inFamous 
Yakuza 2 
Yakuza 3 
Uncharted 2 
Shenmue 2 
Black 
The Suffering 
Panzer Dragoon Orta 
Killer 7 
The Red Star 
God Hand 
Beyond Good and Evil 

Psychonauts  
Persona 4 

Okami 
Odin Sphere 
The Secret of Monkey Island  1 and 2 
Planscape Torment 
Balders Gate 1 and 2 
Icewind Dale 1 and 2 
Arcanum 

Freedom Force: The Third Reich 

All these games are sitting on my shelf (digital or physical) and need to be finished. The bolded ones are the ones that really need finishing.

#50 Posted by Dad_Is_A_Zombie (1225 posts) -

Brutal Legend. I pride myself on always finishing a game I start but, Ugh...