Garfield360UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Garfield360UK

Hey all

I am struggling to pick some games out of the recent and coming releases for my Xbox 360. I currently am looking at:

Call of Duty World at War

Dead Space

Fable 2

Fallout 3

Far Cry 2

Gears of War 2

Grand Theft Auto 4

Midnight Club 4 LA

Mirrors Edge

Need for Speed Undercover

So as you can see there is alot there, I like most game genres as long as the game either has a good story mode or is fun to play i.e. a racing game needs to have a Project Gotham/TOCA style handing to it for me to like it, or simulation but not pure arcade.

Any thoughts would be appriciated, I also was looking at Soul Calibur 4 as I havent picked up a new game for 360 since GRID came out and thats my only new release of the year.

Cheers

Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx

get gears 2

all the other can wait

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Unless you have a tonne of free time, don't get Fallout 3 and Fable 2, you'll never have enough time to play both of them, but I would reccomend getting at least one of them since they'll last you ages. Both midnight club and NFS:Undercover are likely to have quite arcadey controll's, definately moreso than PGR/TOCA, so you might not like them. I'd definately read plenty of mirror's edge reviews before you get it, I'm a bit doubtfull about how good it'll be.

As for the others, it's all really about personal taste. Personally, from that list, assuming my money doesn't run out, I'll be getting CoD:WaW, Fable II, Gears 2, MC4, NFS:U. I haven't decided when I am getting them all yet, I might leave some until after christmas, because I'm not going to have enough time to play all of them that well, so I might as well wait untill they come down in price for the January sales
Garfield360UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Garfield360UK

Cool, any more thoughts from anybody?

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By OmegaPirate

Dead space

Fallout 3

Mirrors edge

And then either far cry 2  -or gears 2
AutoBarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By AutoBarn

You owe it to yourself to play GTA4, if you haven't already...

GDub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By GDub

skip farcry 2 worth a rent not a buy

Garfield360UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Garfield360UK

I have had a rethink, I am looking at getting shortish games as things like Oblivion I did not invest the time into I would have liked to. Something like Bioshock, Gears of War, Halo 3, Half Life Blue Shift were perfect in length for completiton time and also I can use the multiplayer elements. Can you reccomend anything recently on 360 like this (I would prefer games coming out now but I will consider any of this years releases).

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I would highly recommend GTA IV.

Aside from that, I can only assume Gears of War 2 will be enjoyable.  If you are willing to drop a hundred-plus hours, Fallout and Fable are both good choices.  At that point, it just depends on your preferences.  Want another fantasy RPG?  Do Fable.  Want a unique post-apocalyptic hybrid of shooter and RPG?  Get Fallout.

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Demilich

Dead Space and Fallout.