#1 Posted by IIGrayFoxII (207 posts) -

Major Nelson has detailed the content coming to Xbox Live over the next few weeks here. Within it, it was revealed that the Games with Gold promotion title for Oct 1st - Oct 15th is Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes. A highly received RPG / Puzzle game. The other game for the latter half of October was not revealed.

So thoughts? Feelings of happiness? Sadness?

#2 Posted by JRock3x8 (227 posts) -

WHAT. THE. F.

They screwed themselves when they promised AC2 and Halo 3 and then failed to immediately deliver them.

#3 Posted by jimmyfenix (3682 posts) -

Why does the major have comments open on his post !

#4 Posted by oodli (87 posts) -

I really enjoyed that game, some cool puzzle mechanics with RPG elements in it, glad that more people will get to try this (positivity!).

#5 Posted by Canteu (2814 posts) -

Too bad I will probably have owned all of the games they will ever offer.

Including this one, and the DS version.

#6 Posted by Aviar (365 posts) -

I played this on my PS3 and it is actually a pretty good game.

#7 Posted by isomeri (1172 posts) -

@jrock3x8 said:

WHAT. THE. F.

They screwed themselves when they promised AC2 and Halo 3 and then failed to immediately deliver them.

If I'm not mistaken both of those games were free a month or two ago just as they promised.

Oh and Clash of Heroes is a really cool game, you should all give it a try if you have the time. I mean I have no interest in Might & Magic but I played the shit out of that game back when it came out. Actually this Quick Look was what made me buy it in the first place.

#8 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1773 posts) -

@canteu said:

Too bad I will probably have owned all of the games they will ever offer.

Including this one, and the DS version.

Is the DS or the console one considered the crummy one?

#9 Posted by Humanity (7965 posts) -

Surprised they aren't offering more XBLA titles since they probably own the rights to some of those.

#10 Edited by Canteu (2814 posts) -

@connerthekewlkid: Neither? I liked both versions. The Xbox version just has cleaner HD art. Otherwise it's the same game.

#11 Posted by Metric_Outlaw (1169 posts) -

@connerthekewlkid: Both of them are really good. The only bad one I've had was on IOS. It crashes like crazy and they hide a lot of the factions behind a pay wall or until you beat the game.

#12 Posted by RazielCuts (2711 posts) -

@isomeri: You are slightly mistaken, Halo 3 hasn't become 'free' yet. Here's a list of all the games released so far - https://www.gamepointsnow.com/blog/xbox-games-with-gold-full-list/ (kind of hilarious seeing the original release dates next to them).

So far it's been a bit of an inverse for me, I got an Xbox as Halo 3 came out so I didn't get to play Crackdown or RB6 Vegas before. Nothing really surprises me with it though, I mean its a half ditch effort at the end of a console generation, what did people really expect? Far Cry 3, Assasins Creed 3, Hitman Absolution, XCOM, NFS, who would do that? Oh..

#13 Edited by isomeri (1172 posts) -

@razielcuts: That's actually quite interesting, I haven't honestly been following the deals that closely. I can't imagine why they'd be holding back Halo 3. And you are right in that PS+ seems to have far newer free games available ,but for me the quality of the rest of the online service matters much more so for now I'm still sticking with Xbox Live. It'll be interesting to see how things shake up in the next gen however.

#14 Posted by RazielCuts (2711 posts) -

@isomeri: I didn't mean to come off too pro PS+ (but I guess I kinda did towards the end). I used to be quite pro Xbox with their really strong, convenient and easy to use online structure but just to me in the last 1 - 2 years Sony have really hit their stride even though the console generation is winding down, shows a commitment to where they're going into the next generation. Where as it's kind of been the opposite for MS, same old Xbox Live with no real growth or support for games, other than State of Decay I guess (but now that's on Steam I can see the Workshop support will make it a whole different experience). If they really put their back into this 'Games with Gold' thing it would show a glimmer of light but it seems so reactionary and half hearted that they just pooped this out to be like 'okay, yup, we can tick that box we have parity with Sony'.

#15 Edited by Icicle7x3 (1123 posts) -

This is a great game, everyone should play it.

#16 Edited by JayEH (512 posts) -

Not surprised by this at all. MS must not be willing to lay down the cash to actually get newer games.

Games with gold is a joke, but I guess you can't complain because Gold members weren't even getting any free games before. Promotion ends in Dec. though so people can't complain after that.

#17 Edited by thomasnash (407 posts) -

I've wanted to play this for ages, but haven't quite been able to justify the price, so I'm actually pretty stoked?

Honestly, the nadir will surely remain defense grid as the third week.