Games with good team auto balance?

AbeAwesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Howdy y'all,

I was playing Black Ops 2 on the Steam free weekend (I don't actually own any Call of Duty games), which drove me to go back and play some Battlefield 3, and Max Payne 3 and reminded me that I actually like multilayer shooters.

However, I was also quickly reminded why I don't play them - team balance is almost always horrible. This is especially true in BF3, where I commonly enter games that end with one team having 90% of their tickets remaining. I know this could be solved by joining a group and playing against other organized groups, but I would really like to remain a casual player.

I would rather games were able to auto-match me with other players of a similar skill, or at the very least balance teams so that each had the same aggregate mean level of skill. Are there any shooters that do that? I would also be interested in hearing about other genres, but shooters interest me most at this very moment.

In case this is too long, here is a summary:

Are there any games that have a player/team matching system that works well, and results in even games?

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Battlefield 3 has professional level team balance.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Clonedzero

its hard to get a feel for player skills though.

K/D ratios aren't the end all be all of skill. i mean a guy might be super good but he dies alot cus he's the guy diving on the objectives all the time.

generally speaking, i think most matches in most shooters are fairly even, you just dont notice it since you're busy having fun, when you get steamrolled then its frustrating and it sticks out in your mind. i dont think it happens as often as you'd think.

AbeAwesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AbeAwesome

@clonedzero: I like Battlefield 3, but over the last week, I haven't had a single game when my team wasn't either dominating or getting dominated. I did notice Black Ops 2 was better, but the PC version didn't seem to have enough people playing in the League mode to actually get games with people in the same ladder going.

Plus I think it's not a very interesting game compared to BF3.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RazielCuts

TF2 has a pretty good auto team balance and you can vote to scramble the teams as well. I wish more console games had a voting system, they've slowly introduced it with maps but more options would be great.

AbeAwesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@razielcuts: I actually have TF2 on steam (I got it before it went Free to Play), but I never tried it because I don't really like the way Source engine games control and move. But I'll try it, maybe you are correct.

Thanks for the input.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@abeawesome said:

@razielcuts: I actually have TF2 on steam (I got it before it went Free to Play), but I never tried it because I don't really like the way Source engine games control and move. But I'll try it, maybe you are correct.

Thanks for the input.

I second the idea that TF2 has fairly good autobalancing.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By ajamafalous

TF2