Games without Sound

zygoatsalami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Hey all,

I was just wondering what games you would recommend for someone, me, who wants to play a game without the sound. Do you like to listen to music while playing a game with its sound off or do you consider that ruinous for the game experience? I personally enjoy it sometimes, but what games do you think work best with this situation. Obviously puzzle games like Tetris or similar type of games are easy to recommend, but I'm curious for other recommendations.

Thanks duders!

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I play most of my ARPGs (like Torchlight 2) with the music turned-off and most of the sound turned-off. If I can, I'll still have the announcer for the low-mana/low-health warning and I'll listen to my own music.

I play Hearthstone without music too.

Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I just spent two hours playing Kerbal Space Program while listening to the director's commentary to On Her Majesty's Secret Service, so there you go. You don't need the sound for Kerbal.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#4 gamer_152  Moderator

It depends hugely on the game. Some I prefer to play with the sound off after I get into them, others I consider the sound an essential part of the experience all the way through. Usually it's MMOs or something that requires similarly repetitive gameplay which I like to turn the sound off on and just play podcasts or music over. I think that's pretty common.

chemystery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I typically go with sound unless I'm doing a grind in the game. I don't mind missing the same repetitive songs. I usually listen to podcasts or lectures online.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Casual games are good (as you mentioned), MMOs tend to be fine as most don't need sound, and a lot of Open World games, like Skyrim, don't really need sound. Any adventure game can be fine without sound, really, if you don't mind reading.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

As much as I adore the soundtrack to The Binding of Isaac, it's a great game for listening to other things whilst you're playing. I typically would listen to the bombcast while I'm playing it.

JJBSterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Lots of multiplayer games I tend to listen to music/podcasts while playing by myself. If I have friends playing with me I don't like having any sound other than the actual game I'm playing going.

One of my friends likes to have music in the background even when he's on his mic, it's very irritating.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Wuddel
postnothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I usually play Diablo 3 while listening to the bomcast.