• 0 results
#51 Posted by whacknasty (97 posts) -
@doublezeroduck said:
" Any sports game that comes out every year I only rent or buy way later for cheap. There are too many games to play and only so much time and money. I can't drop $60 on Madden, NCAA football and basketball and both NBA basketball games AND have time to play them all.  "  

I agree with this.  I'm still playing my Madden/NCAA football '09 and it is still enjoyable. I'll continue to do so til '10 is a tad bit cheaper. 

I'm quite glad I didnt buy Fracture, but got it with a gift card from my church.  One of the worst games I've played in the last two years or so...
#52 Posted by Skytylz (4029 posts) -
@Buzzkill said:
" Modern Warfare 2 anything Madden anything Star Wars "
KOTOR is my favorite game of all time.

That said, I'm glad I didn't get the Force Unleashed!
#53 Posted by NovaDTH (153 posts) -

Lost Planet, I dodged a major bullet on that one. 
Street Fighter IV, even though I had a lot of fun playing it, it reinforced my suspicions that I'm terrible at fighting games.

#54 Posted by chris_stranges@yahoo.com (7 posts) -

You missed out with Demon's Souls, OP.  Seriously, that game is fucking great.

But Crackdown 2.

#55 Posted by Hector (3354 posts) -

Star Wars Clone Wars: Republic Heroes

#56 Posted by Vodun (2370 posts) -

APB
APB
APB
APB
aaand...APB

#57 Posted by mtcantor (947 posts) -
@ZanzibarBreeze said:
" Enchanted Arms, maybe. Don't know because I've never played it. "
You didn't miss much.
#58 Edited by Vkramac (23 posts) -

Split/Second.  The game looks awesome but has zero staying power.

#59 Posted by one_2nd (2359 posts) -

Both gears of wars, probably halo: reach. 

#60 Posted by Scigrex14 (83 posts) -

Crackdown 2 
Bioshock 2 
MW 2 
Wet 

There are probably others but those are the ones that come to mind right now.

#61 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

I was so glad I didn't buy resistance 2. It got the same reviews on gamerankings and I was like wtf. Then I said maybe it's not worth it, i'll try before I buy so I rented it.

Let me tell you on normal, the game is more linear than portals. I died at every corner if I wasn't standing where ted price wanted me to stand. Honestly, I died alot, normal should be renamed to hard. Also headshots counts for nothing, it seems you shoot them a few times in the head and they are still alive, lol. I died so many fucking times and toally hated the game. However by renting it I save a ton of money on my car insurance.

#62 Posted by yevinorion (691 posts) -
@fortis said:
" Crackdown 2. I enjoyed the first one and its copy-cat, Prototype. Downloaded the demo and realized that I just didn't want to go through all that orb collecting again. Maybe I'll pick it up if it ever drops to $30, but so glad I didn't spend the full $60. "
This. Didn't really enjoy Prototype after playing at a friend's house so I guess that's another on the list for me. But yeah, loved Crackdown, but after the demo of Crackdown 2 I just gave up hoping for that awesome sequel that would actually be great.
#63 Posted by nickux (1383 posts) -

Assassin's Creed 2 

I heard so many great things about this game but my god what a shitty time I had with this game. It just felt like such a chore. It's rare I start games I don't finish (this gen maybe only 2-3 have gotten that treatment) but I put this down some time around going to Venice and never looked back. Thankfully I only rented it through GameFly and Borderlands came next to make it alllll better.

#64 Posted by RoboRobb (1051 posts) -

Star Wars Galaxies 
Any of the Warcraft games, including WoW 
Halo 3 (no seriously, halo 3)

#65 Posted by DerekDanahy (864 posts) -

Halo 3: ODST, Brutal Legend.

#66 Posted by foggel (2763 posts) -
@conrow: Did you try Alan Wake or did you just read what other people thought of it? Because I loved that game.

For me, Call of Duty, World at War. I never planned on buying it in the first place.. but still.
#67 Posted by Hourai (2795 posts) -

Recently, Mafia II. I was just about to purchase it until I heard about the length. Good game, but it's best suited for a rental. I beat it in around 10 hours on hard difficulty, and there isn't any multiplayer either. 

#68 Posted by asdfgh (1 posts) -

Mortal Online glad they didnt accept my cc bought darkfall instead

#69 Posted by theguy (796 posts) -

Alpha protocol. I was excited for that game.   :-(

#70 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -
  • Beautiful Katamari - The series came to 360 and was just totally more of the same. Disappointing, but still good overall.
  • Crackdown 2 - Seriously, I really liked the original Crackdown, but I think the sequel is simply awful.
  • Skate 2 - This is a freaking lousy sequel, man. The series has truly failed to live up to it's potential because of it's crappy, lazy, uninspired sequels.
  • Far Cry 2 - I was so stoked to play this game. Buying this garbage would have been the biggest mistake in my whole life.
  • Brutal Legend - I almost picked this one up last year during Toys R Us' annual Buy 2 Get 1 Free game sale. So glad I didn't. It's pretty whack.
  • MX vs ATV: Reflex - My family's really into dirt bikes, so I almost bought this one for my brother. Unfortunately, it wasn't very good.
There's plenty more, but that's enough for now.
#71 Posted by happyfatman (149 posts) -
#72 Posted by Needle (64 posts) -

How about Two Worlds? I had this turd on preorder, and went on vacation the week it came out. When I returned and went in the buy it, I was cautiously warned by my friendly retailers that it was a steaming pile of veggie casserole. They've got a sequel supposedly due out very very soon, and I assure you I'll try to align my vacation around it once again.

#73 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -

crackdown 2.

#74 Posted by Rhombus_Of_Terror (2088 posts) -

Final Fantasy XIII. It was one of the reasons I got a PS3 for and the closer the game loomed the more I realised what Final Fantasy had become.

#75 Posted by Mrskidders (1330 posts) -

Modern Warfare 2
Killzone 1
The Wii

#76 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

MAG, my friend got it. he said that trophies were hard so he sold it. i wouldn't  have anyone to play it with.

#77 Posted by vosco (39 posts) -

N3 II was a game that I'm glad I did not buy.  The Check points did not improve at all. 

#78 Edited by Flappy (2126 posts) -

Am I the only lucky soul that almost download Yaris.

Edit:  Don't know where my head was at.

#79 Posted by Jimbo7676 (711 posts) -
@Ozzer:  Tabula Rasa for sure. I was hoping for the next best MMO with Lord British at the helm. That certainly didn't happen. Apparently it was all a ruse to give funding to his space exploration. I really like Demon's Souls but to each his own.
#80 Posted by Mono_Listo (430 posts) -

Flower. I appreciate it for what it is and what they were trying to do. But I was really glad that I stumbled upon the demo before downloading it shortly after I purchased my PS3. I just don't like the six-axis motion controls.

#81 Posted by AutoBarn (78 posts) -

Two Worlds.

#82 Edited by NinjaHunter (972 posts) -

I almost bought Lair. It was out like a day early at my local Target and didn't see any reviews yet, thought it looked cool. Decided to wait until I saw some reviews. Dodged a bullet there.

#83 Posted by laussica (181 posts) -

God of war 3

#84 Posted by Dysnomia (689 posts) -

Superman 64.

#85 Edited by jackbag (209 posts) -

Brutal Legend.  

I was ready to buy that shit sight unseen. I fucking love Tim Schaffer, and the thought of him doing a GoW-ish character-action game gave me a serious gameboner. Then I found out about all the RTS shit, and lost all interest.

#86 Posted by slowbird (1629 posts) -

honestly?  nothing...for the simple reason that:

A.  I like buying games, and...
B.  If I'm glad I didn't buy it, that means it sucks, and finding out a game I was excited about is bad feels super disappointing.

So I'm glad that I didn't have to play those bad games, maybe, but I still wish they were better games so that I could feel like buying them.

#87 Posted by gingertastic_10 (4141 posts) -

Kane and Lynch 2. And Red Dead Redemption.

#88 Posted by bartok (2417 posts) -

Wanted - How do you make a 3rd Person Shooter where you can curve bullets boring ?  I guess all that salty licorice and fermented fish rots the brain.
Megaman 9 - Played at a friend's house and realized either my platforming skills are gone or this game is too fucking hard.
Spider-Man 3 (Wii version) - Dude I bet you get to use the Wiimote as a webshooter!!!  Which quickly turned into I haven't played a Spider-Man game this bad since Spider-Man/X-Men Arcade's Revenge and my Gamefly account just saved me $50

#89 Posted by Dantekiller (206 posts) -

halo reach 

#90 Posted by wafflez (523 posts) -

The psp.. I had put 200$ down on a launch preorder.. glad I canceled that

#91 Posted by empfeix (774 posts) -

Glad I didn't buy APB.  Considering you know, its now dead and all.

#92 Posted by zachtothefuture (25 posts) -

evry pokemon game after gold

#93 Posted by GraBooty (3 posts) -

The Darkness, thank god I didn't buy that crap.

#94 Posted by azhang (111 posts) -

Bioshock 2.