Games you bought but should have just rented??

• 75 results
americangothic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By americangothic

What are some games that you bought  only to wish you would have just rented.  No replay vaiue, beat it quckly, repetative, give some reasons.

Me: I went and bought Gear 2, waste of $60, just got too repetitive, I never wanted to play it. Doing gamefly now and traded it in for a free month.

Leviticus128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Leviticus128

prototype, payed it through once, boring side missions, fairly short campain. loads of fun but because it was i played it to death and did everything i wanted to in 3 days

spiredcrescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By spiredcrescent

Resident Evil 5, Gears 2.  Wouldn't have bought banjo if i realized how much i dont like it.  Also would have rented TNA only because no one was playing it online

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pause422

Luckily I don't buy games ever so, I never run into this problem.

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By gingertastic_10

Legendary. Silent Hill: Homecoming. Assassin's Creed.

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Osaladin

Grand Theft Auto 4, and that's it.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Wolverine
@americangothic said:
" What are some games that you bought  only to wish you would have just rented.  No replay vaiue, beat it quckly, repetative, give some reasons.Me: I went and bought Gear 2, waste of $60, just got too repetitive, I never wanted to play it. Doing gamefly now and traded it in for a free month. "
I agree with you on Gears, I got so tired of that so fast. I tried Game Fly but the turn around time took to long for me.
Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hitchenson
@pause422 said:
" Luckily I don't buy games ever so, I never run into this problem. "
So you rent everything? 
If you pirate, you're poor. Simple as that.
americangothic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By americangothic

Renting has saved my arse a few times, like with Assassin's Creed. Been using gamefly even for games I think I might want to buy.

Aquinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Aquinas

Most recently, Infamous.  Mission variety is non-existent, and the difficulty is just plain brutal, to the point of being just cheap, unfair, and player punishing.  The most frustrating game I've played all year, by far.

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By VWGTI

Ghostbusters - It's pretty boring and unspectacular. Even with the nostalga factor, the game is painfully average.

Little Big Planet - The game is just not my cup of tea. I find it boring (even with friends) and the controls are awful.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By pause422
@Hitchenson said:
" @pause422 said:
So you rent everything? 
"
You're an idiot...no I don't pirate, but of course you would just assume so. Gamefly is a lifesaver, end of story. I buy PC games of course by download..but not any console games. Even if they are good, they aren't worth purchasing.
americangothic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By americangothic

I don't have the money to buy every game I want to play, and I don't pirate. $20/month for renting and I get to play about 6 games a month.

Canberra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Canberra

UFC: undy-sputed.
Damn its online trophies.

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By jeffgoldblum
@pause422 said:
" @Hitchenson said:
" @pause422 said:
So you rent everything? 
"
You're an idiot...no I don't pirate, but of course you would just assume so. Gamefly is a lifesaver, end of story. I buy PC games of course by download..but not any console games. Even if they are good, they aren't worth purchasing. "
Why not?
 If PC games are worth purchasing why not console games? I mean the console itself was worth purchasing. Just curios.
sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#16  Edited By sjschmidt93
@Osaladin said:
" Grand Theft Auto 4, and that's it. "
Seriously, it's a 25+ hour game?

Can't think of one off the top of my head. I can think of many that I bought or rented that I shouldn't have played at all.. but none that I should've just rented.
MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By MysteriousBob

Halo 3. Its.. just boring. Not trying to be controversial by picking a popular game, renting would have saved me some cash. Then again it only cost about three times more than a rental so its not that bad.

nvmfst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By nvmfst

Persona 4

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#19  Edited By JJWeatherman

I regret buying Blue Dragon from Gamestop because the first time I received it it only came with one of the discs. I sent them an email and they agreed to send my another copy with all discs included. Well I received it and I put in disc 1 and it could not be read. Fuckin Gamestop. Yeah I don't think I really regret any other purchase. I usually know a lot about the games I buy beforehand.

Oh and by the way I ended up selling my copy of Blue Dragon that was unreadable back to a Gamestop, so at least I got some of my money back on that one.

brainwins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By brainwins

Mirror's Edge. It would have saved me the idea that I had to finish it, thus the frustration of playing it for more that a few levels.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#21  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Gears of War and Killzone 2.  They aren't bad games, but with my vision problems, I've played them for maybe all of twenty minutes.

vasta_narada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By vasta_narada

Star Ocean 4. I traded in a couple games I didn't play anymore to EB, so I technically got it for free, but damn. That game isn't as entertaining as the other SO games.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23  Edited By JJOR64

Dark Sector.   *sadface*

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Hitchenson
@pause422 said:
" @Hitchenson said:
" @pause422 said:
So you rent everything? 
"
You're an idiot...no I don't pirate, but of course you would just assume so. Gamefly is a lifesaver, end of story. I buy PC games of course by download..but not any console games. Even if they are good, they aren't worth purchasing. "
Yeah, because I downright said "YOU FUCKING PIRATE!" didn't I?
No, I asked "So you rent everything?" ...idiot.
subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By subject2change
@Einherjan said:
" Persona 4 "
WHAT!?

Nearly half of my games I purchased, because I leave em sealed when I buy on release and don't play em til they get drops. However I don't rent at all so ownership is fine, I returned Mirror's Edge tho cause of its poor reviews and bought Prince of Persia instead, which I don't know which was worse to own.
BoomShanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BoomShanka
RE5 - great game when i got it, good for co-op but once i had completed the game 40 odd times by my self and co-op and got all of the achievements that was it, it just sits there collecting dust now
Dark MessiahElements - god knows why i bought this but i did and i regretted it since
Two worlds - the less said about this the better, i think I was on drugs when i got this pile of poo
Assassins creed - i didn't mind it but after i completed it there was nothing else to do with it i could of rented it i completed it in less then 2 days on and off

nvmfst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By nvmfst
@Subject2Change: Not a big fan of J-RPGs.
subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By subject2change

Well buying any atlus game is your first mistake then if you don't like JRPGs. Guess the ER sucked you into it a bit and well you got tricked but supported a good company at least :p

Avatar image for tragicallyerock
TragicallyErock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TragicallyErock
@Aquinas said:
" Most recently, Infamous.  Mission variety is non-existent, and the difficulty is just plain brutal, to the point of being just cheap, unfair, and player punishing.  The most frustrating game I've played all year, by far. "
I think the enemies are a little too accurate from a long distance. But aside from that, they were generally pretty easy to beat. I don't find the game hard at all. There are a few times where I died, but the checkpoints are VERY forgiving, so it never once felt frustrating to me.

as for the OP... Games I should have rented Assasin's Creed, Gears, Halo 3 (all great games, but I never touched them after beating the campaign)
Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Osaladin
@SJSchmidt93 said:
" @Osaladin said:
" Grand Theft Auto 4, and that's it. "
Seriously, it's a 25+ hour game?Can't think of one off the top of my head. I can think of many that I bought or rented that I shouldn't have played at all.. but none that I should've just rented. "
Yeah but right after you finish it, it gets super boring. I mean how long can you really drive around Liberty City and kill people? Also the mission structure was horrible.
Sick_J0ke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By Sick_J0ke
@Osaladin:

I'm glad there are people out there that agree with me on GTA IV. I honestly don't know why it got perfect scores all over the boards. Saints Row 2 is much more fun to me personally and has a ton of replay value, people just didn't give it as much of a chance since GTA IV is a more popular name. The sheep always flock back to the herd. 
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#32  Edited By Pie

Bionic commando, i could probably of completed this on norml and hard mode in about 10 hours

T0mF5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By T0mF5

I should have rented Far Cry 2 like everyone told me.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#34  Edited By kush

The most recent game that comes to mind would be Prototype...I'm not quite sure if there's any reason to play though it ever again, though I plan to get Platinum for all the events...and I'll probably go through it on Hard mode just because I do own it.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Azteck

The first Gears of War, I just flat out found it annoying. Call me weird, I didn't like it.

Thing is, we don't have a service like Gamefly here in Sweden, so no fun for me. ;-;

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Hitchenson
@Sick_J0ke said:
" @Osaladin:

I'm glad there are people out there that agree with me on GTA IV. I honestly don't know why it got perfect scores all over the boards. Saints Row 2 is much more fun to me personally and has a ton of replay value, people just didn't give it as much of a chance since GTA IV is a more popular name. The sheep always flock back to the herd. 
"
I wouldn't agree with that necessarily. Just because most people are sheep, doesn't mean all people are, some actually just love the game. I personally love the direction R* took with GTA IV, making the game more serious (not realistic, that word's so overused) but at the same time keeping the traditional GTA humour. 

Like, I've had so many good times on Free-Mode. And have played through the story countless times, and I still enjoy it.
Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Akeldama

Jericho 

herreno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By herreno

Civilization Revolution, pretty good game but not worth the £35 i spent on it.

Crixaliz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Crixaliz

HAWX, I couldn't bring myself to come back to it after playing the campaign once

Vitefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Vitefish

I would have to say Assassin's Creed. It is still one of my favorite games for 360 but it had no relay value.

Also it doesn't help that I never EVER rent games.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Let's see...

Super Mario Galaxy - I think it's really overrated and mediocre. If I had rented it beforehand, I surely wouldn't have bought it. Also, because of how disappointed I was with this game, I ALWAYS rent games before buying them now, except for GTA games because I can always be sure that the quality of those will be excellent.

Viva Pinata - I'm a big fan of Rare games and this was $20 already when I got my 360, so I bought it and Perfect Dark Zero (it was even a 2 for $30 deal). Anyway, my problem with the game is that I find it to be far too stressful and way too heavy on management. I thought it'd be a fun, colorful little game I could relax and play. Turns out that maintaining a garden in Viva Pinata can be a totally stressful, never-ending nightmare.

Soul Calibur 2 - I mainly bought this because I liked the series and Link was in the GC version and I thought that was pretty rad. I ended up not playing it all that much and never getting too into it. Then ultimately I decided adding Link was a dumb idea since he really didn't fit in. I should have rented it instead.

Viewtiful Joe - This game was considered one of the best games of the year back in 2002 or whenever it was that it came out. I thought it looked cool and everything, but truthfully, it turns out it just wasn't for me. Joe annoyed the heck out of me and I didn't get much enjoyment out of the game.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - I'm still trying to like this game, but I think it's plagued with a lot of issues and most of the time I just don't find it to be much fun. The highlight of my experience in Oblivion was living as a fugitive and running along the countryside after fleeing prison and being completely unarmed. Fighting wolves with your bare fists is a guaranteed good time. Try it if you haven't Anyway, being so heavily wanted got old pretty fast. I've since started over and have gotten further, but still am not terribly impressed with much of the game. Though the amount of effort put into the world is no doubt remarkable.

Serker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42  Edited By Serker

Halo 3 was a mistake, but honestly when your playing Halo 2 all the way up to the release you should know that unless they just released Halo 2 again with better graphics you won't be satisfied. If that game had mad glitches, BXRs, the same maps as Halo 2, no equipment, and lock on with rocket-launchers it'd be PERFECT.

I bought Assassin's Creed and returned it 4 days later. Good game, just no replay value.

Capitalism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Capitalism
i should have rented deadspace its incredibly boring and predictable in practically everyway.
Drrizzit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Drrizzit

I'd have to say Assassin's Creed. It was a great game and by far one of my favs, but you can easily finish it in a few days of serious gameplay. U might not be able to get all the flag achievments, but u can get most of the other ones (Ie. defender of the people, the fighting ones), and when you finish it and get all of the achievments there really isn't much else you can do. 

Assassin's Creed 2 should be a good buy though judging by all the stuff said at E3

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By zitosilva

Most recently Ghostbusters. It's mediocre at best, and I have no will to ever go through the campaign ever again. The multiplayer is neat, but it doesn't last.

Peloquin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Peloquin

Far Cry 2 - Visually stunning but with no substance what so ever.

The Last Remnant - Only because I purchased this on PC and had no idea that it requires an Xbox for pc controller to play it properly. Some controls seems to be completely inaccessible with a mouse and keyboard. Really not happy about that.

I wouldn't have even considered buying The Last Remnant normally but with so many great games coming out later in the year the wait is driving me nuts! Have resorted to loading up an instagib Quake 2 server and railing bots for the love of god!!

nvmfst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By nvmfst
@BoomShanka said:
Dark MessiahElements - god knows why i bought this but i did and i regretted it since
Yeah, elements is pretty bad. I tried it on my 360 and I got a headache from it. I got the regular version off of steam for $5 and it isn't all bad. You know what is going to happen in the game, but the fighting is  pretty damn fun.

So, I sold Persona 4 yesterday. It just wasn't my kind of game.
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By penguindust
Little Big Planet.  I'm not saying it's a poor game in any sense, I just don't play it hardly any at all.  And I'm not about to search for and download a bunch of content for the game either.  This is basically a case of me buying into the hype when the game launched and then losing interest in the property.
JonathanMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#49  Edited By JonathanMoore

Sonic Unleashed, big fuckin' mistake.

DerekDanahy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers