#1 Edited by kortex (444 posts) -

Space Invaders IG has been released, again. This time they invade your XBox not your iPhone/iPod. Do you buy it, again?
My last game I bought twice has been Pac-Man CE and I love it on my TV and my iPod.

#2 Posted by InfamousBIG (3200 posts) -

I bought SR2 for both PS3 and PC.

#3 Posted by buzz_clik (6908 posts) -
Moderator
#4 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

The Orange Box for 360 and on Steam a year later.
 
Also, Halo 3. I don't know what happened to my first copy, but I was itching to play it, so I went to the store and bought it again.

#5 Posted by hedfone (1749 posts) -

re4

#6 Posted by Heylook (235 posts) -

Diablo II + EXP packs. Fucking friends always stole the CD keys from me:(

#7 Posted by Spice (36 posts) -

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion - My PC wasn't great so I grabbed the 360 copy. Year or so later ended up buying it for PC as well.
Same thing with original Modern Warfare. And Mass Effect. And Gears of War. And Bioshock.
I'm starting to see a pattern...

#8 Posted by one_2nd (2359 posts) -

I bought San Andreas for PS2, then again on the XBLA. 

#9 Posted by brodywb (190 posts) -

I own Peggle on the pc, ps3, 360, and iphone.

#10 Posted by JoMu (117 posts) -

Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy IV
Chrono Trigger

#11 Posted by Adamsons (877 posts) -

Starcraft - between moving, etc. I must have bought that at least 5 times.
 
Edit - FF7/FF8/FF9 Also - PS1 and PSN downloads.

#12 Posted by Blackmoore (254 posts) -

Diablo II and expansion.

#13 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

I'll list all the games I have two copies of. Why waste the money? because the ps3 version isn't up to snuff graphically. I will waste more money to get the definitive version, also they release pc  games way too late to slow down piracy or everyone will just download it if they have a videocard if it's relased the same time. I just couldn't wait tbh to play the game.
 
batman arkham asylum, gta 4, resident evil 5, dragon age orgins, devil may cry 4, rainbow six vegas, assassin's creed 2. Probally alot more if I look at the boxes again.

#14 Edited by Icemael (6312 posts) -

I've bought two versions of: 

  • Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (the XBLA version and the one included in The Dracula X Chronicles).
  • Metal Slug 3 (the XBLA version and the one included in Metal Slug Anthology).
  • Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Colonel (the GBA version and the one included in Mega Man Battle Network 5: Double Team)
  • Pokemon Blue (one proper cartridge and one of those pirated "30+ games in one" cartridges).
  • Super Mario Land (same as above).
#15 Posted by blazerx9x (648 posts) -

Some ratchet and clank games.

#16 Posted by ajamafalous (11846 posts) -

I own like four or five copies of all the early Sonic games across multiple systems.

#17 Posted by Alphazero (1535 posts) -

Star Craft and Brood War. At least three of the first and two of the second.

#18 Posted by Fezz (440 posts) -

I bought Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People and then got it again when I bought the Telltale Complete Pack on Steam.

#19 Posted by RE_Player1 (7549 posts) -

Mass Effect. Twice for PC because I lost the original box and CD key. 

#20 Posted by John_Bender (99 posts) -

Elder Scrolls Oblivion(360 & PS3  , Marvel vs Capcom 2 (1 Dreamcast, 2 or 3 times on PS3), Okami, Halo3, Zone of the Enders 2, maybe Bully and more. I don't keep games in cases and have a fuck-ton of DVD & demo discs that I ain't chucked away, and when I do alot of good shit gets chucked too. I'm a fucking fool

#21 Posted by Shuborno (938 posts) -

StarCraft. Bought the Battle Chest, lost the discs, bought them again for cheap from Blizzard. 
 
Plants vs. Zombies... on Steam and XBLA. 
 
Quake II on CD back in the day, and again on Steam via id Complete Pack.

#22 Posted by TobyD81 (1227 posts) -

Super Mario Bros on NES, GBA, and Virtual Console

#23 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

orange box i think ive bought 4 copys now. and gta 4 i think ive bought that 5 times.

#24 Posted by devotfeige (116 posts) -

Jesus.  Buying multiple copies of games is is my worst gaming habit.

  • Four copies of Resident Evil: Code Veronica (two of the Japanese special edition Dreamcast version--first got busted up in the mail; two of the PS2 version, Greatest Hits version that doesn't work and black label that does)
  • Two copies of L4D and L4D2 each (360 and PC)
  • Two copies of RE5 (360, PC, trying to find a cheap copy of Gold Edition on PS3)
  • Three copies of Street Fighter IV (vanilla and Super on 360, vanilla on PC)
  • Doubles of numerous Pokemon games (Blue/Yellow, Gold/Silver/Crystal, Sapphire/Emerald, FireRed/LeafGreen)
  • Two copies of Pokemon Puzzle League (N64 and Virtual Console)
  • Three copies of Ocarina of Time, two of Majora's Mask (N64, Collector's Edition, Master Quest)
  • Two copies of Street Fighter Alpha 2 (PS2 collection and SNES)
  • Two copies of Resident Evil 2 (PS1 and N64)
  • Two copies of Star Fox 64 (N64 and Virtual Console)
  • Two copies of The Secret of Monkey Island:SE and LeChuck's Revenge:SE each (XBLA and PC)
  • Two copies each of The Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episodes One and Two (XBLA and PC)
  • Two copies of Portal (360 and PC)
  • Two copies of Rayman (PS1 and PC)
  • Two copies of Resident Evil 1 (PS1 original long-box release, Director's Cut)
  • Two copies of Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS2 and The Essential Collection)
  • Three copies of Metal Gear Solid 3 (Subsistence, Essential Collection, a PAL copy)
  • Both Persona 3: FES and P3P (sort of counts?)
  • Two copies of Street Fighter 2 (Genesis and XBLA)
 
and a grand total of FOUR individual versions of Resident Evil 4 (Gamecube, Wii, a PAL PS2 copy, and PC)
 
...no wonder I have so little money.
#25 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11471 posts) -

Resident Evil 4, first GC then Wii. 
Resident Evil 2. N64, then GC. 
KotOR, like two days ago. Because it was on steam for only $2.50. How could I refuse? Digital Distribution!
Diablo 2. It's a long story.
Baldur's Gate 2. Bought it when I was too young to understand anything, then sold it. Rebought it years later and now it is one of my favorite games of all time. 

#26 Posted by Romination (2775 posts) -

Peggle. 
I've played through 4 different versions of that game fully. 
 
Also, The Orange Box.

#27 Posted by rjayb89 (7717 posts) -

Mass Effect (2)
Mass Effect 2 (2)
Batman: Arkham Asylum (2)
Final Fantasy X (2)
Final Fantasy X-2 (2)
StarCraft + Brood War (+3) 
The Orange Box (2)
Burnout Paradise (2)
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (3) 
BioShock (2) 
Jade Empire (2) 
Devil May Cry 3 (2)
 
That's all I can think of right now.

#28 Posted by dubs (43 posts) -

I am about to buy Dead Space again after I beat the original one twice and sold it. Figured I should brush up on some stuff for the next one coming out. 

#29 Posted by Sanryd (1362 posts) -

Batman: Arkham Asylum twice because I wanted another 1000 points from the GFWL version.

#30 Posted by ialwaysdidntdoit@yahoo.com (10 posts) -
#31 Posted by bjorno (1411 posts) -

gears, mario bros 2

#32 Posted by cire147258369 (62 posts) -

starcraft and sims

#33 Posted by kortex (444 posts) -
@scarace360 said:
" orange box i think ive bought 4 copys now. and gta 4 i think ive bought that 5 times. "
gta 4 x 5?
#34 Posted by kortex (444 posts) -
@devotfeige said:
" Jesus.  Buying multiple copies of games is is my worst gaming habit.

  • Four copies of Resident Evil: Code Veronica (two of the Japanese special edition Dreamcast version--first got busted up in the mail; two of the PS2 version, Greatest Hits version that doesn't work and black label that does)
  • Two copies of L4D and L4D2 each (360 and PC)
  • Two copies of RE5 (360, PC, trying to find a cheap copy of Gold Edition on PS3)
  • Three copies of Street Fighter IV (vanilla and Super on 360, vanilla on PC)
  • Doubles of numerous Pokemon games (Blue/Yellow, Gold/Silver/Crystal, Sapphire/Emerald, FireRed/LeafGreen)
  • Two copies of Pokemon Puzzle League (N64 and Virtual Console)
  • Three copies of Ocarina of Time, two of Majora's Mask (N64, Collector's Edition, Master Quest)
  • Two copies of Street Fighter Alpha 2 (PS2 collection and SNES)
  • Two copies of Resident Evil 2 (PS1 and N64)
  • Two copies of Star Fox 64 (N64 and Virtual Console)
  • Two copies of The Secret of Monkey Island:SE and LeChuck's Revenge:SE each (XBLA and PC)
  • Two copies each of The Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episodes One and Two (XBLA and PC)
  • Two copies of Portal (360 and PC)
  • Two copies of Rayman (PS1 and PC)
  • Two copies of Resident Evil 1 (PS1 original long-box release, Director's Cut)
  • Two copies of Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS2 and The Essential Collection)
  • Three copies of Metal Gear Solid 3 (Subsistence, Essential Collection, a PAL copy)
  • Both Persona 3: FES and P3P (sort of counts?)
  • Two copies of Street Fighter 2 (Genesis and XBLA)
 
and a grand total of FOUR individual versions of Resident Evil 4 (Gamecube, Wii, a PAL PS2 copy, and PC)  ...no wonder I have so little money. "
Jesus, indeed.
#35 Posted by Ravenousrattler (1417 posts) -

gta: san andreas, and fallout 3

#36 Posted by NTM (7264 posts) -

Too many. Literally.

#37 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -

Oblvion ...  Got it 5 times until i got in on steam forever 

#38 Posted by Octaslash (485 posts) -

This is just from a quick glance at my Steam list. I've got to stop with those damn sales.
 

  • Left for Dead 2 (2)
  • KotOR (2)
  • Jade Empire (2)
  • Bioshock (2)
  • Company of Heroes (2)
  • Grand Theft Auto IV (2)
  • Indigo Prophecy (2)
  • Dawn of War 2 (2)
  • The Orange Box (2)*
 
*I slowly accumulated the parts of the PC version over time.
#39 Posted by ShadowKing7 (753 posts) -

Super Mario Bros. on the GBA and for Virtual Console.
#40 Posted by Noodlearms (586 posts) -

Fallout 3, The Orange Box, Oblivion, KOTOR, L4D. (Bought on Xbox then PC, or vice versa.)

#41 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -
@kortex: gta 20.
#42 Posted by kortex (444 posts) -
@scarace360: must have missed that one
#43 Posted by PNut_Buttr_Panda (486 posts) -

san andreas.

#44 Posted by nickux (1383 posts) -

I must have bought Metal Gear Solid in its various forms (original PS1, Twin Snakes on GCN, PSOne Classic on PSN, MGS Collection) 
and Resident Evil 1 (original PS1, REmake for GCN, RE: Deadly Strike on DS, PSOne Classic on PSN) more times than I care to remember.

#45 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

Mediocre crime themed sandbox games aside, I have 3 copies of Duke Nukem 3D (iPhone, XBL & N64. Well, technically I've bought it twice on N64, but it was only to replace one that I sold).
 
Also, Peggle for the iPhone and XBL.

#46 Posted by Mrnitropb (2090 posts) -

Dude, I don't even RENT games twice.

#47 Posted by Lordborg909 (162 posts) -
@Heylook said:
" Diablo II + EXP packs. Fucking friends always stole the CD keys from me:( "
LOL so very true, I bought D2 about 3 times, as well as SC1 :/
#48 Posted by Centimani (550 posts) -

My fist Oblivion disk ended up being faulty, I bought another one not too long after launch. About a year later that one flopped too. My current one has held up perfectly fine. I've also had three 360's come through my household, I only bought one though.

#49 Posted by Rapid (1345 posts) -

Need for Speed Undercover for PS2, Need for Speed Undercover for PC off steam. 

#50 Posted by Ooame (165 posts) -
Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines 
I bought this twice. First when it was released... Then i lost the disk and then there was a steam sale bought it again. Absolutely adore this game.
 
Fallout 2
Bought it aleast 3 times
 
Diablo 2 
I had a lot of items and i needed to mule. Also i frequently lost my cdkeys to my brothers. So i bought this game about 4 times
 
Team Fortress 2
I bought this game 3 times. 1 for myself. 2 gifted to friends.
 
Railroad Tycoon 2
Retail and then steam sale.
 
Oblivion
1 for 360 and then for PC
 
Probably a ton more games that i can't remember. Damn you steam sales!