#1 Posted by RE_Player1 (8002 posts) -

What are some games you love but can understand why people think they are crap or maybe they are crap but you still love them anyway? For me it would have to be Sonic Adventure 2. The controls sucked, the graphics weren't that great, you had to play as Rouge and Knuckles flying around for emerald pieces, and the voice acting sucked... all bad but I don't know why I still love that game. The chao garden got me addicted and even though Sonic should be the only character I kinda like Shadow too...

#2 Posted by project343 (2895 posts) -

I want to second that one. I loved Sonic Adventure 2. 

Also, define 'suck' because I've adored every Jedi Knight game to come out, and they're not exactly 'critically marveled.'

#3 Posted by AjayRaz (12764 posts) -
DRIV3R 
i cannot hate this game, no matter how much i would attempt to try. 
#4 Posted by papercut (4030 posts) -

Yeah, Sonic Adventure 2 is up there. 

Also, I've been finding it harder to defend the Kingdom Hearts games lately, but damned if I don't love 'em.

#5 Posted by RE_Player1 (8002 posts) -
@project343: @papercut: I thought I was alone on my Sonic Adventure 2 love :P
#6 Posted by huntad (2233 posts) -

I guess the game that almost everyone disliked that I hold with high praise is Lord of the Rings Conquest. I understand that it can be repetitive, the campaign isn't anything new, and that it isn't Star Wars Battlefront, but I still have a blast with it. I was a huge Battlefront fan, and Conquest isn't as close to Battlefront in LotR universe as I'd like, but it's enough of that that I can still enjoy it. As far as crap, the games I like I don't consider crap.

#7 Posted by Yummylee (24646 posts) -

Oh hey, I know this thread!

#8 Posted by RE_Player1 (8002 posts) -
@Abyssfull said:
" Oh hey, I know this thread! "
Dude relax were on the same side here... We both got a platinum in Dead Space. :P
#9 Posted by Yummylee (24646 posts) -
@RE_Player92 said:
" @Abyssfull said:
" Oh hey, I know this thread! "
Dude relax were on the same side here... We both got a platinum in Dead Space. :P "
''I AM relaxed! I'm just looking for something to kill time here!'' 

...It's a pretty vague quote that I doubt anyone will be able to make an educated guess....
Avatar image for oppressivestink
#10 Edited by OppressiveStink (366 posts) -

Space Griffon VF-9 my friends.  I played through this game five times because it was all the PSX had for RPGs at the time.  Oddly enough I think it was published by Atlus.  Watch the movie, you'll love it!...no you won't..   

The video ain't loading, so have this link instead! :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PagpRy0CwEM

#11 Posted by Farley_Lives (315 posts) -

Warriors Orochi, I know there isn't much love for the Dynasty/Samurai Warriors games, but I like cutting me a whole ton of dudes.

#12 Posted by jackbag (210 posts) -

That fucking Jet Li game for PS2. I love that piece of shit.

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
#13 Posted by OwnlyUzinWonHan (1552 posts) -

I thought Oni was pretty fun and I'll also come to the Bionic Commando remake's defense at the drop of a hat.

Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
#14 Posted by JoyfullOFrockets (1206 posts) -

Postal 2. Insanity.

#15 Posted by SquirrelGOD (538 posts) -

I was into the Dynasty Warriors games up until 6.  They were just some good, mindless fun.

#16 Posted by Malakhii (1444 posts) -

Star Wars Obi-Wan. It was my first Xbox game. Sort of how I love deuce bigalow because it was my first DVD, and I watched it over and over again. 

#17 Posted by kelbear (536 posts) -
@OwnlyUzinWonHan: Oni was not crap! Oni was freaking /awesome/. Take Two just held onto the rights when MS bought Bungie. Now the publisher has the rights, but the developer is elsewhere, it's just kind of languishing in limbo now. 

I enjoyed Advent Rising. Buggy as hell, but underneath was a pretty awesome game.
#18 Posted by SlashDance (1867 posts) -

Tenchu Z. 
That's a bad game I played for 35 hours.

#19 Posted by floodiastus (1288 posts) -

Shaq Fu?

#20 Posted by Win (548 posts) -

#21 Posted by laussica (187 posts) -

Dog life on ps2

#22 Posted by WatanabeKazuma (1006 posts) -

For a long while it was the Dynasty Warrior games, it was completely baffling even to me.

#23 Posted by Nonentity (267 posts) -

Rage of Mages II: Necromancer.

1535049-images.jpg
This was a RTS/RPG hybrid, made by Nival. You might know them in the modern setting as the company behind the free-to-play MMO Allods Online, as Rage of Mages was called Allods in Russia, where the developers are from. 

RoM2 is really bad, but it is fun in multiplayer.
#24 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8553 posts) -

close combat first to fight. I bet no one except a few even know what game is that or played it. Even if you did, you probally thought it was crap.

#25 Posted by Devil240Z (5709 posts) -
XIII The game was pretty but also not good. and it ended with a big fat "TO BE CONTINUED" Never got a sequel. 
#26 Posted by Oni (2273 posts) -
@OwnlyUzinWonHan said:
" I thought Oni was pretty fun and I'll also come to the Bionic Commando remake's defense at the drop of a hat. "
Aww, thanks :)

For me, I can't think of anything! I mean I love some games that aren't universally loved, but they're more divisive games than actually bad ones - like Demon's Souls, Mafia 2 (not a bad game imo), Shenmue, etc.  I don't really like games that are crap. I loved Sonic Adventure 2 way back when, even though I knew the Sonic/Shadow parts were basically the only good bits and the endgame was all kinds of messed up. That's the closest I can think of.
#27 Posted by FacelessVixen (1591 posts) -

Mercenaries 2.

#28 Posted by Steve_Ramirez (1452 posts) -
#29 Edited by error5305 (279 posts) -
@Lemon: Hey, get back to work!  JK glad to see that you are doing something which (I presume) you love.
Avatar image for captain_awesome
#30 Posted by captain_awesome (42 posts) -

Perfect dark zero, but only the multiplayer mode infected where you have a group that start out as infected (skeletons xD) And a group that start out as normal people. The skeletons start out with pistols but can steal better weapons and respawn infinetely until the timer runs out. The normal people however Can buy weapons but if they get killed they will be turned into skeletons as well. I just play cus I love the concept behind it so much and I really do not know why there isn's an other (Good) game about it. It would be a great and original multiplayer game AND you can add zombies to it and that's always a win in my book.

#31 Edited by Ghostiet (5832 posts) -
@HitmanAgent47 said:
"

close combat first to fight. I bet no one except a few even know what game is that or played it. Even if you did, you probally thought it was crap.

"
It was. Also, a rape on the name of a good strategy series.
#32 Posted by XenoNick (1563 posts) -

Resident Evil: Dead Aim
Dark Sector
Dynasty Warriors (Up till 6 at least)
Chaos Legion

#33 Posted by dbz1995 (4961 posts) -

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. Gotta get them beans.

#34 Posted by hedfone (1747 posts) -
@JoyfullOFrockets said:
" Postal 2. Insanity. "
#35 Posted by ch13696 (4760 posts) -
#36 Posted by MysteriousBob (6262 posts) -
@SquirrelGOD said:
" I was into the Dynasty Warriors games up until 6.  They were just some good, mindless fun. "
Same here.
#37 Posted by n8 (281 posts) -

Modern Warfare 2

Fits perfect, No?  :-)

#38 Posted by Catolf (2791 posts) -
Portal Runner. I've played it beginning to end about 8 times with my sister.. it's horribad.. but so much fun.
#39 Posted by Tophar01 (170 posts) -

Darkest of Days 

I played all the way through it. Its such a horrible game, but thats why I liked it.

#40 Posted by HandsomeDead (11854 posts) -

Kane and Lynch: Dead Men