• 111 results
#1 Posted by TheStandardToaster (119 posts) -

Mine has to be the fallout games. Whenever I cant figure out what to play I can always rely on those games to have fun with.

#2 Posted by insouciant (710 posts) -

Mario Kart 64 battle mode.

#3 Posted by Jeust (10487 posts) -

The Binding of Isaac

#4 Posted by _Chad (963 posts) -

I always come back to A Link to the Past.

#5 Posted by GnaTSoL (791 posts) -

Super Metroid. I used to play it once a year on my SNES recently...... Then one year my console just wouldn't turn on anymore :9(

Game don't get enough credit I still say and it still is the only game to truly ever capture every aspect of proper engaging atmosphere.

#6 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3059 posts) -

Tetris

#7 Posted by me3639 (1732 posts) -

Company of Heroes, Plant vs Zombies seem to be a must anytime i rebuild, or buy a computer.

#8 Edited by Hector (3356 posts) -

Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, just love island hopping at talking to people.

#9 Posted by Pr1mus (3824 posts) -

Civ 5

#10 Edited by Sursh (243 posts) -

mass effect 1 & 2.

never get tired of these two games.

for what reason? i don't fucking know.

#11 Posted by Serpentenema (216 posts) -

Def Jam: Fight For New York is honestly my favorite game for its fun gameplay, and now hilarious and over the top story. You fight Fat Joe in a steel cage match and fight Busta Rhymes because he bought a new car with the only way to win being breaking Busta Rhymes' car via Busta Rhymes.

#12 Posted by Animasta (14651 posts) -

Crusader Kings 2 and Europa Universalis 3

#13 Posted by DarthOrange (3852 posts) -
#14 Posted by Counterclockwork87 (616 posts) -

NBA 2K13, or NCAA 2003...really good sports games never get boring...seriously I've been playing NCAA for 10 years and still don't get bored of it when I fire it up!

#15 Posted by egg (1450 posts) -
#16 Posted by s10129107 (1179 posts) -

Super Street Fighter 4 AE

#17 Edited by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

DMC 3/4 and SSB:Brawl come to mind immediately. Runescape and League of Legends as well. Runescape I tend to take long ass breaks with (like 1 - 2 years) and then play an assload for a month or two, and LoL is kind of a constant. BF games as well, but I don't play them a ton. I just eventually move on to another game and then eventually come back to it. Never bored with it, though.

#18 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Battlefield games. At worst, I am angry or frustrated with them. Never truely bored by them though. It's always exciting to fight folks in a combined arms game, and Battlefield is the genre's king.

#19 Posted by FengShuiGod (1478 posts) -

tf2....it's sad really

#20 Edited by BeachThunder (11724 posts) -

Binding of Isaac. Well, ok, maybe I'm 'bored' of it at the moment (read: S-ranked with 127 "mom kills" and nothing much else to do in the game), but I'll probably play the pixel version of the game for several hundred more hours...

#21 Posted by illegalnull (112 posts) -

Demon's Souls co-op

#22 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1174 posts) -

Heroes of Might and Magic III

#23 Posted by ThePaleKing (613 posts) -

@FengShuiGod: Why sad? It's a great game, and it constantly gets injections of new content.

#24 Posted by GalacticGravy (545 posts) -

Mega Man X

I've beaten it so many times, and have come close to beating the speed run record. It's the kind of game that I can play only lazily aware of what's happening. Whenever something devastating happens I actually play this. It gives my hands and the back of my head something to focus on while I go over more important things. It helps me focus, really.

#25 Posted by HeyImPhoenix (169 posts) -

Mario Kart all the way! Oh and Dynasty Warriors.

#26 Posted by david3cm (635 posts) -

Skate 3. When I am bored with no games to play, or during a busy release season and can't decide which game to play, I put in skate 3. I have put in hundreds of hours into that game.

#27 Posted by crapneck (136 posts) -

Tetris and breakdown

#28 Posted by RupertTheBear (179 posts) -

Every time i see a Sudoku puzzle on a newspaper, i am compelled to complete it. ( If your talking about videogames my choice would be Tropico 4 because i always want to build the "Perfect" city despite the fact my island gets over populated or have a crappy economy.)

#29 Posted by Sonofthanos (4 posts) -

I play Castlevania Symphony of the Night at least once a year. The game has been committed to muscle memory at this point.

#30 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2718 posts) -

Resident Evil 4.

#31 Posted by MyNiceIceLife (613 posts) -

The civ games, at least 3 and 4, I could play for long times for months on end if I had nothing else to play and then just stop playing them when I did. Persona 4 is another game that I have come to play on a yearly basis. Also I tend to go back to GTA San Andreas every so often or Saints Row the Third co-op if someone is wanting to play.

#32 Posted by audioBusting (1481 posts) -

Used to be Taiko no Tatsujin on the hardest difficulty, but now that I stopped carrying my DS around my favorite game for fun times is Dark Souls.

#33 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2214 posts) -

All games for me get boring at some point, but as far as games I keep coming back to even after finishing a new game would be Saints Row 2/3 as well as the Crysis games.

#34 Posted by joshwent (2144 posts) -

Mega Man 2 and SMB.

Many a morning I'll get up with a little extra time to spare and just play all the way through one of these classics. Usually SMB because it's way shorter with warp pipes and all that, but MM2 is definitely not the longest game either.

It's like doing push-ups or jogging, but just 1000000 times better.

#35 Posted by BamurDeadd (59 posts) -

League...

#36 Posted by Danteveli (1165 posts) -

Fallout 2

#37 Posted by WarlordPayne (694 posts) -

Streets of Rage 2 and Mega Man X4

#38 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -
#39 Edited by RVonE (4607 posts) -

Civ 4 and 5

Mega Man X (the first one)

Mass Effect 1 and 2

But above all Unreal Tournament 2004.

#40 Posted by crcruz3 (254 posts) -

Fallout series and lately Spelunky.

#41 Posted by believer258 (11682 posts) -
@GnaTSoL

Super Metroid. I used to play it once a year on my SNES recently...... Then one year my console just wouldn't turn on anymore :9(

Game don't get enough credit I still say and it still is the only game to truly ever capture every aspect of proper engaging atmosphere.

Ah! A man after my own heart, I see.
#42 Posted by Vexxan (4616 posts) -

Super Mario 64. I speedrun that game almost every day.

#43 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

@Pr1mus said:

Civ 5

#44 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

World In Conflict(Multiplayer) 
Dead Space 2 (Multiplayer, on PC, once a game finally gets going it's super fun. Not a lot of people like good games though, sadly) 
Assassin's Creed(Multiplayer, again. Revelations, Brotherhood or AC3, doesn't matter) 
The Ship 
Awesomenauts(PC version because, you know, it gets updates)

#45 Posted by Capum15 (4823 posts) -

Quite a few games I can go back and play easily, from Ace Combat 6 to Mercenaries 2, but I think Half Life 2 and Halo: Custom Edition are probably the highest on that list, with Half Life at the top. I can't remember how many times I've played that game.

Though I have to admit, it's really close between those two, as I can remember the majority of dialogue from Halo, and even had the entire intro and first mission dialogue completely memorized at one point.

"Cortana, all I need to know is 'did we lose them'?"  "I think we both know the answer to that."

...man I really need to reinstall that. If it even works on Windows 7.

#46 Posted by RedCream (704 posts) -

Persona 4 and Resident Evil 4

I don't really replay a lot of games to know if they always hold up but these two games are pretty solid across two playthroughs.

#47 Posted by MetalGearGeorge (218 posts) -

All the games in the Mass effect and Metal Gear franchises, Gundam Vs and SD strategy games and last but not least Street FIghter and Blazblue. Nothing beats playing fighting games with friends.

#48 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (1959 posts) -

Pretty much any AD&D game that allows for total party creation - Gold Box, IE, anything else. I've also been digging deep into Crusader Kings 2 and it's reminding me how much of a strategy gamer I used to be... so yeah, that's starting up again.

#49 Edited by VanderSEXXX (552 posts) -

@Seppli said:

Battlefield games. At worst, I am angry or frustrated with them. Never truely bored though by them though. It's always exciting to fight folks in a combined arms game, and Battlefield is the genre's king.

This! With Ninja Gaiden: Black and Ninja Gaiden 2 (If only I had an x360 though). Dark Souls also counts.

#50 Posted by AlisterCat (5489 posts) -

Phoenix Wright and Persona 4. Play through them over and over again.