Games you regret buying....

RHYMESCHEME23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RHYMESCHEME23

I'll never forget it either, that one game that you thought was so good actually turned out to be a tragedy. It hurt so much that you nearly stopped playing video games altogether.

Or maybe it was because the game quality didn't measure up to the $59.99 price tag. The wallet sure as hell never forgave you for it, and to this day you're still trying to rekindle that friendship.

List the game or games that you regret buying.

For me it was Street Fighter X Tekken. I bought it on launch day too. Took it back after I discovered how awful the online was and the qualms of its DLC content.

Atary77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Atary77

In my younger and more vulnerable years, I wanted a new game for my N64 and that new Superman game just hit the store shelves... I'll let you connect the dots from there.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By AhmadMetallic
L.A. Noire pre-ordered for full price... Biggest waste of money in my gaming years. That game taught me to never spend that much of my hard earned salary on a game unless I know for sure that I will enjoy its gameplay.

@RHYMESCHEME23 said:

For me it was Street Fighter X Tekken. I bought it on launch day too. Took it back after I discovered how awful the online was and the qualms of its DLC content.

Why is it so awful? It's just a fighting game, did it lack famous characters or kill moves?
FraggingRights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FraggingRights

In a moment of extremely poor judgement, I paid full price for Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobos Dungeon for Wii. Awful.

RHYMESCHEME23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RHYMESCHEME23

@AhmadMetallic: The game itself is fine. I just don't like how Capcom underhanded it's loyal fans in the manner that they did. I do hope they learned their lesson.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By Cloudenvy

Hmm, the only two games that come to mind are Prototype and Magicka.

EDIT: Oh, and The Witcher.

L44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By L44

Couldn't get into Lost Planet.

Helimocopter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Helimocopter

DeathSpank

jakers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jakers

Pre ordered Brink in full months before its release. Worst decision ever.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Street Fighter 4, just didn't mesh with me.

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By frankfartmouth

I'd have to go way back because I almost always rented first, but I really regretted Fester's Quest for the NES. I was really young, and I don't remember why but I couldn't find it except through some mail order service advertised in EGM. I used my birthday money or something and paid way more than it should have cost but I wanted the fucking thing and I got it and it blew nuts. I remember the dungeons were so laborious that I was doing the old thing where you'd map it out a step at a time on paper while you played. It sucked.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By AngelN7

Prototype and Bioshock 2 , neither were bad one just drag along for too long made the same mistakes the previous game did (Prototype) , the other was just kinda boring (Bioshock 2).

Totori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Totori

kingdoms of amular and operation raccoon city

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By shadows_kill

Both Far Drive 2 and Final Fantasy 13 I had reserved full price and regretted 100%. Probably my least favorite games ever played really.

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Two Worlds, my god what an awful game. They tried to sell it as "better than Oblivion," and I fell for it. I played it for about 30 minutes before I realized it was a broken piece of crap.

Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magicka and Far Cry 2.

Magicka just wasn't that fun, but Far Cry was balls-out tedious. The respawning of the enemies at the checkpoints was literally the worst thing I have ever seen in a video game, ever. I say this because it was obviously a well produced game made by talented people with ample funding. Which is why it is such an utter embarrassment.

The people who enjoyed Far Cry 2 are the same people who would make for excellent gold farmers in China. Grind, grind, grind and repeat.

Fuck Far Cry 2

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By donchipotle

Diablo 3. I can respect that it is a good game for what it is. But it is not my type of game at all.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@S0ndor said:

Magicka and Far Cry 2.

Magicka just wasn't that fun, but Far Cry was balls-out tedious. The respawning of the enemies at the checkpoints was literally the worst thing I have ever seen in a video game, ever. I say this because it was obviously a well produced game made by talented people with ample funding. Which is why it is such an utter embarrassment.

The people who enjoyed Far Cry 2 are the same people who would make for excellent gold farmers in China. Grind, grind, grind and repeat.

Fuck Far Cry 2

the things I like about Far Cry 2 have little to do with the gameplay (although the wide open environments and incredibly diverse play styles were solid). It really comes down to the story it told and its brutal depiction of mercenaries in the unstable regions of Africa, as well as their view of "freedom fighters" in the region. In the end it all boils down to money, and the only person looking out for the people is The Jackal, with some help from the player near the end.

It wasn't the most well told story, but I sure as shit appreciated the game tackling a serious subject.

Dixego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dixego

Bought Beowulf: The game. Oh god, why.

Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Oldirtybearon said:

@S0ndor said:

Magicka and Far Cry 2.

Fuck Far Cry 2

the things I like about Far Cry 2 have little to do with the gameplay (although the wide open environments and incredibly diverse play styles were solid). It really comes down to the story it told and its brutal depiction of mercenaries in the unstable regions of Africa, as well as their view of "freedom fighters" in the region. In the end it all boils down to money, and the only person looking out for the people is The Jackal, with some help from the player near the end.

It wasn't the most well told story, but I sure as shit appreciated the game tackling a serious subject.

Totally, the setting was fantastic. Buying weapons with blood diamonds, malaria, sinister warlords, just awesome. But it was all sealed away behind 15 checkpoints of instantly respawning African dudes with AK's. I couldn't do it, man, I just couldn't.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@S0ndor said:

@Oldirtybearon said:

@S0ndor said:

Magicka and Far Cry 2.

Fuck Far Cry 2

Totally, the setting was fantastic. Buying weapons with blood diamonds, malaria, sinister warlords, just awesome. But it was all sealed away behind 15 checkpoints of instantly respawning African dudes with AK's. I couldn't do it, man, I just couldn't.

those were the worst part of it, definitely. That said, there were ways around checkpoints. As well as just blowing through them in a humvee. Blood spatter on the windshield was pretty memorable.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By JoeyRavn
innacces14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By innacces14

Soulcalibur IV.

david3cm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By david3cm

Catherine.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#25  Edited By BeachThunder

First thing that springs to mind is Beyond Good and Evil, even if it was just a few dollars on GOG. The game felt as if it were unfinished - you gain the ability to fly around the world, yet there's nowhere to actually go; abysmal camera control; incoherent ending; frustrating stealth parts; annoying characters...

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Turambar

None.  I manage to stick within the borders of what I already know I like.

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RedRoach

Force unleashed 2 and Fable 3 come to mind.

TheSilentGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 28

#28  Edited By TheSilentGod

Final Fantasy XIII, Crysis 2, LA Noire and more recently Max Payne 3.

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Teoball

Deus Ex : Human Revolution

Resonance of Fate

The Witcher 2 (I've started it twice but never made it past the town in the forest. I just find it horribly boring)

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By mylifeforAiur
laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By laserbolts

Recently I would say Kingdoms of Amulur and Battlefield 3. Worst purchase ever was Jurassic Park Rampage Edition for the Sega Genesis. Saved up 110 bucks for that piece of shit.

AdeptFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By AdeptFox

Two Worlds for sure. I initially played it for about 25 minutes, and just put it down. I tried to get back into it months later, to no avail.

theodacourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#33  Edited By theodacourt

Two Worlds. Oh dear that was bad, but luckily I stopped playing before any achievements popped. That mattered to me at the time. Also, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By Dixavd

Money-wise Super Mario Galaxy 2, one of the few games at the time I bought new for full price around launch and I have only played like 10 levels. For osme reason it lacked a push for me to return to it (even though I liked the original). I will probably return to it some day, but right now it is just sitting there taunting me with the money I spent (I think I picked it over Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver, Bayonetta and Heavy Rain - all three of those I think I would have probably enjoyed more and finished).

As for just regrettable game because it was just so unenjoyable for me... My Sims for the DS *shudder*.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I thought Skullgirls looked bad long before it released and then I bought it anyways for some stupid reason. I have not touched it since the week of its release.

Other than that, the only game I can think of that I regret buying is L.A. Noire because I bought it on release day with the Rockstar Pass coming off of a Red Dead Redemption high. Didn't last me nearly long enough to justify the price, but I had fun with it.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Aetheldod

LA Noir by far .... I wont speak of it any further

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Contrarian

I don't regret these in that I got them cheap to see what all the love was about and was so bored so quickly, a full price purchase would have killed me:

Halo 3, Unchartered, Gears of War, Assassin's Creed, Tom Clancy's GRAW

That isn't to say they are bad games, I am being subjective, I really didn't like them at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae53b407571
deactivated-60ae53b407571

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Dawn of War: Soulstorm. Officially the worst expansion I have ever played to an otherwise stellar franchise. You were my brother DoW. I loved you!

superpow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By superpow

probably Love plus+. it's that weird dating sim game on the DS. I payed full price for it too. I bought it cuz I thought it was funny.

EDIT: Alright it's still kinda funny. I regret nothing. Also, why all the hate for LA Noire?

Jrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Jrad

@S0ndor said:

Magicka and Far Cry 2.

Fuck Far Cry 2

I couldn't play Far Cry 2 for the same reason. Worse, there's literally no way to remove the enemy-respawning: even on the PC version, mods can't do anything. It sapped all of the fun out of that game, and I'm sure if those goddamned checkpoints wouldn't refill every five minutes, I'd have loved it.

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#41  Edited By 234r2we232

Comic Jumper.

I honestly feel as though burning that money would have made much better use of it. Such a terrible, terrible game. Eff the people who made it and thought in-game jokes about how bad it is somehow made up for that.

You guys just suck at developing games.

Avatar image for warlockengineermoredakka
WarlockEngineerMoreDakka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I've had a few over the years that I've completely regretted. :(

Homeworld 2: As a stand-alone RTS? Homeworld 2 is functional... As the sequel to one of my favorite RTSes of all time? I loathed it. Inferior in pretty much every way to the original (except graphics -_- )- Homeworld 2 was the first and dead last game I ever pre-ordered.

Empire: Total War: It had all the makings of a brilliant Total War entry... But the AI... Oh god the AI... The AI single-handedly turned the single player into complete trash. And a Total War game isn't worth much when its single player is rubbish.

RHYMESCHEME23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By RHYMESCHEME23

@Turambar: There's gotta be one game that you bought that you were slightly dissapointed with. Let's not play God mode here. :P

camp7203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By camp7203

State of Emergency

NARC

25 to Life (WHAT WAS I THINKING!!)

fr0stb1te

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By fr0stb1te

Right now? TERA is frustrating me quite a bit due to connectivity issues.

D3 and others work flawlessly (to a point) but TERA drops me every few minutes.

A few others come to mind. Magna Carta came with free game breaking DLC. Warhawk also made me sad.

drGiggless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By drGiggless

Madden 2010

Fuuuuu

Never again.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#47  Edited By 49th

Bleach: Shattered Blade for Wii. £30? No problem... except that it is the definition of waggle. I actually had a sore wrist from playing it for a few hours, which is strange because my wrist can usually endure a lot.

Overlord: Dark Legend on Wii? Play it once, it's kind of boring.

Also, Super Street Fighter 4. I can't play fighting games, I dunno maybe I should buy a fighting game? Nope, I'm shit. Can't be arsed to get good, it's not fun for me.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for PS3? Yeah, that looks fun. Receive the PC version from a friend for free a week later.

My biggest regret though? Yoshi: Touch and Go. Fuck Yoshi: Touch and Go. I thought it was the cool looking game where you tilt the console to do stuff to the environment, but no. It's 3 minigames about carrying Baby Mario. Piss off, really.

Revenant86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Revenant86

Soul Calibur V

I expected so much more

also diablo 3, beat it in 3 hours, realized it was pay to win, and never touched it again

Avatar image for sexualbubblegumx
SexualBubblegumX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By SexualBubblegumX

For me it was super street fighter 4, I still have a sour taste in my mouth from it and have a very hard time trusting capcom.

fisher81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#50  Edited By fisher81

Dragon Age II.

Hey You Pikachu on the N64, but I was 6 and didn't know any better.