I feel for you.

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 4

I bought Two Worlds II on steam with a coupon. I'm not yet sure if I regret the purchase, though, because I haven't played it yet.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea641329300b
deactivated-5ea641329300b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Prototype. There's absolutely nothing good about that game.

TooSweet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By TooSweet

Call of Duty: Black Ops. I loved Modern Warfare and MW2. I couldn't get into World at War and Black Ops just annoyed me. Part of it was that despite having a great internet connection my games would be very laggy (PS3). I just stopped playing it. I may get around to the campaign someday but that's it.

eSci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#155  Edited By eSci

Since I am a massive moron when it comes to MMOs, pretty much every MMO to have come out since 2004, except Rift and Conan, which I luckily didn't bother with.

Final Fantasy Anthology and Final Fantasy Chronicles, this is kind of a weird one, I love both those games or rather all four of them (Final Fantasy IV, V, VI and Chrono Trigger) but I guess the way it was either ported to the PlayStation one, the fact I am playing on a PlayStation Two or the fact I am playing it on 32' HD TV, but when you either move right or left (but not up or down for some reason) it blurs the screen. The reason this is a big deal is I already have bad eye sight and I literally cannot deal with it as it strains my eyes too bad even with my glasses on making it unplayable.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#156  Edited By fisk0  Moderator  Online

There are few I regret for quality reasons. I kinda regret spending as much as I did on Halo 2 PC and StarCraft 2, as I really couldn't get in to either of them. Mostly I regret buying games which appeared for free before I've even had time to play them, has happened on both PlayStation Plus and GOG.

Warhammer 40k Space Marines, Darksiders, Just Cause 2, a bunch of Final Fantasy PS1 games and Motorstorm Apocalypse all appeared for free on PS+ recently.

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Dezztroy

Sniper Elite V2 and Medal of Honor 2010 are two fairly recent ones I can think of.

Fishstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#158  Edited By Fishstick

Heavy Rain and the last two Halo games.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By zeforgotten

I didn't even buy it, I just got it for review, but I regret even having Nier on my shelf. 

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By zityz

Oh i'd say Prototype, Two Worlds for this gen. But there has been like maybe 2 or 3 games per gen i'll buy and go "man, what a load of assfunk"

green_sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By green_sky

@Irvandus said:

Street Fighter 4, just didn't mesh with me.

Same for me. Paid full price for it and it just wasn't my kind of game.

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By ervonymous

NES Top Gun, Bedlam, Star Ocean 4, Worms: Reloaded and the broken PC versions of Stranger's Wrath and Munch's Oddysee.

Metzo_Paino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#163  Edited By Metzo_Paino

I have only one game that I regret buying, and that is LEGO Batman. I got it because I adored LEGO Star Wars, but quickly realised that was because of the cute nostalgia trip, and the game underneath wasn't able to keep me interested.

Maybe could have held off buying a couple of games so quickly. Child Of Eden springs to mind as a game I bought on release day and a month later it was half price.

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Vodun

Nothing, it's just money and if the game is boring then I simply won't play it.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Saints Row 3, just as bad and broken as the other 2.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#166  Edited By Karl_Boss

Enter the Matrix

Resonance of Fate

Stoked: Big Air Edition

Dragon Age: Origins

Alone In The Dark (2008)

Chaser

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Limbo

Too Human

Far Cry 2

The Saboteur

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#167  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Dragon Age 2

It had to be in paragraph 2, so that it could properly convey my regret.

deox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By deox

Dragon Age 2...

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

Oh is this one of those games where we list a super popular game and claim we hated it?

Awesome.

ItBeStefYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By ItBeStefYo

@Dixego said:

Bought Beowulf: The game. Oh god, why.

My cousin lended me that, I have successfully not put it into my 360 it seems :D

But I think I've been most disappointed by mass effect and L.A. Noire.

wafflez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#171  Edited By wafflez

recently just SSX and Sydicate come to mind.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By SlightConfuse

El Shadai the combat got real tedious and boring. Beautiful game though

Grimace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Grimace

Probably the Catherine Collector's Edition. But only because it's still sealed.

Gnorbooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Gnorbooth

I am going to have to echo the Far Cry 2 sentiments. Payed full price the day it came out on Steam, and literally only got a couple of hours out of it before I never went back. And I agree that it had some neat ideas and things going for it, but THOSE CHECKPOINTS BRAH! I wanted to like it, and it didn't happen.

Empire: Total War is another. Not cause it was terrible (cause I wouldn't know), but I payed full price and never played it. That one is my fault, but it was a waste of fifty bones. You are welcome Creative Assembly!

donkeycow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By donkeycow

Space Marine. Not that it was a terrible game but i found it boring and the story unengaging.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#176  Edited By Svenzon

StarCraft 2. I gave in to peer pressure and bought it on launch day. Played a few hours of the campaign, which was alright but not much else. Couldn't get into the multiplayer at all cause I always get zerg or voidray-rushed before I even have any basic defenses up.

Warcraft 3. Story starts out fairly interesting, then rapidly goes to crap. Multiplayer was just boring.

Homefront. The only game I've ever played that I would call both "bad, "offensive" and "offensively bad". Everything about its design perfectly sums up all that is wrong with modern shooters and the plot makes me wanna vomit.

camp7203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By camp7203
@ssj4raditz said:
Duke Nukem Forever. And I bought the Balls of Steel edition, too! Whee!!
WHY!!?
biggiedubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By biggiedubs

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 ; Capcom, you tricked me into buying that game just because Phoenix Wright was in it! Damn you! I can't play that game for crap!

Doctor Lautrec for 3DS; Felt guilty my 3DS was sitting there unplayed, felt more guilty went I bought that game and found out it was terrible. Just so terrible.

@SlightConfuse said:

El Shadai the combat got real tedious and boring. Beautiful game though

Same here dude.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#179  Edited By Tennmuerti

Heavy Rain.

Not because it's a bad game per se, I can't say because I haven't played it beyond 10-20 mins. But because I normally take pride in knowing my gaming tastes and am almost always dead on when buying games that I feel i will like. Heavy Rain I got tricked a bit I felt by the positive feedback on the game as well as the reviews. It's one time when my game judging compass totally failed and I could not stand the game at all. Was complete waste of money for me. And I even have games i bought on steam that i haven't even played, yet Heavy Rain mess up still felt worse, being full price plus knowing that I actively dislike it and there is no way i'll play it in the future. At least with steam sales you have a future possibility as vague and self misleading as those are and kind of a proud library feeling.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By VierasTalo

I paid full price for the PS2 port of Crazy Taxi. It looked awesome, and had Offspring in the soundtrack.. Man, that was a crazy time.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#181  Edited By Dagbiker

Black and White 2

spartica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By spartica

Battlefield 3. With the EULA, origin, and constant bugs and crashes it just wasn't worth it.

ssj4raditz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#183  Edited By ssj4raditz
@camp7203 said:
@ssj4raditz said:
Duke Nukem Forever. And I bought the Balls of Steel edition, too! Whee!!
WHY!!?
Temporary insanity? ...yeah, let's go with that.
Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Cincaid

I remember me and my older brother buying some Mickey Mouse game for the SNES when we were young. I honestly can't remember the full title, but Magic Kingdom...? Something? Anyway, the graphics blew our young minds and we were thrilled. Sadly, about four hours later we had completed the game with zero replay value to find. It was a short (though fun while it lasted) ride, and I remember us being so damn disappointed since we blew weeks worth of allowences on it.

In recent years the biggest offender is absolutely Dragon Age II. Yes, I heard the complaining and saw the mediocre reviews, but thought it was just "Internet being Internet". 2 hours in the game I realized what a steaming pile of shit I was playing, but since I'm an idiot I forced myself to S-Rank the main game. When I realized the DLC would cost me loads of cash I almost broke the disc, took it out and told the DLC to fuck off. It will take a LOT of convincing from Bioware to get me to buy Dragon Age III.

Oh, and it was a terrible move to buy Diablo 3 for 59.99 Euro from battle.net considering I had about 65 Euro to survive on for the next month. Awesome game, but I'm swimming in ramen over here. :(

Cyrus_Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Cyrus_Saren

Devil May Cry 2

Dragon Age II

Battlefield 3 in some sense in that I bought it just to play with a friend and by the time I got it he wasn't really playing it much anymore. I liked all of the other games but there's just something off in 3 that I can't play multiplayer on my own.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#186  Edited By Humanity

@Cyrus_Saren said:

Devil May Cry 2

Dragon Age II

Battlefield 3 in some sense in that I bought it just to play with a friend and by the time I got it he wasn't really playing it much anymore. I liked all of the other games but there's just something off in 3 that I can't play multiplayer on my own.

I had the exact same problem with Battlefield 3 - except my friends started playing with me and got bored of it literally after a week or two, and just like you said there is something that just isn't fun about the game on your own. I'm pretty sure people were just as lone wolf oriented in the past but I remember playing Battlefield 2 to death and never having that feeling that a single coordinated squad on the opposing team was just destroying my team of randoms. In BF3 I get that feeling constantly.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Cincaid

@Kombat said:

Dead Island. To be honest I really liked the concept and enjoyed what little of the game I played. It just didn't pull me in. I think I was expecting something closer to Fallout than Borderlands. Someone needs to get on that. A story-driven, open-world survival horror game is something I would be all over so quickly.

At first I thought the game was "alright", but frankly; playing through the game with a friend in co-op made the game go from "alright" to one of my absolute favourites of 2011. Don't know if you're into co-op, but I really recommend you give it a try with Dead Island!

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#188  Edited By s10129107

L.A. Noire. Man....

Cyrus_Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Cyrus_Saren

@Humanity said:

@Cyrus_Saren said:

Devil May Cry 2

Dragon Age II

I had the exact same problem with Battlefield 3 - except my friends started playing with me and got bored of it literally after a week or two, and just like you said there is something that just isn't fun about the game on your own. I'm pretty sure people were just as lone wolf oriented in the past but I remember playing Battlefield 2 to death and never having that feeling that a single coordinated squad on the opposing team was just destroying my team of randoms. In BF3 I get that feeling constantly.

Exactly. Battlefield games are never particularly fun on your own but Battlefield 3 is just different. I can definitely say that going lone wolf in the other games didn't hinder your team as badly as in 3 because I usually did it all the time. It seemed that even if you did go lone wolf in the other games, you would still help your team out. In 3, it's not like that at all.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#190  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Marvel vs. Capcom 3, not because I didn't like it, but because they put out Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 that same year. I would have waited, and in retrospect, I really should have known better.

As someone who owns Lair, I should probably say Lair, but screw that. At least I can say I didn't add to Factor 5 going out of business.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I bought Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2 limited edition for about 26$. I still don't like myself for buying it.

I also bought Metal Gear Solid 1 and I can't figure out a way to save it on my PS3 so that seems like a waste of money.....for now.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#192  Edited By MocBucket62

First Person shooters on the Wii like COD 3 and Goldeneye. Now Goldeneye is much better than COD 3, but both are very disappointing and prove that shooters are not meant to be on the WIi. 

Also Nintendogs, ... yeah I bought that game thinking it was some revolutionary game for the DS, but boy do I regret it because its boring as hell. 

Oh and I'm totally with everybody saying Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#193  Edited By RVonE

None of them. All of them.

myniceicelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By myniceicelife

Kingdom of Amular most recently, not that it's a horrible game, just got bored with it way too quickly. Other than that probably Bioshock 2 because I bought the collectors edition on day one and still haven't even put the disc in my 360.

nkornek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#196  Edited By nkornek

Ordered Duke Nukem Forever balls of steel edition months before it came out and then totally forgot to cancel the order

Chontamenti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Chontamenti

Bayonetta -> "I want to be DMC3, but I'am stupid, and have no cool scenes at all"..

Mass Effect 3 -> God I hate the ending after the ending so much, that this franchise died for me with this last scene! ME2 was amazing though.. but with the overall ending I have no ambition to play it ever again!

RE Racoon City -> what was I thinking.. >_>

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By GalacticPunt

Thinking back, it has to be World of Warcraft. I got on the hype train when Burning Crusade came out. I had come off a year of playing Final Fantasy XI and kept hearing this was an MMO done right. I bought the base game for $20, Burning Crusade for $40, and signed up for the three-month subscription plan at ~$40. It just didn't click at all, I think I logged four or five hours into the game.

So $100 for four hours of "fun." Worst investment I've made in games.

@Godlyawesomeguy: It sounds like you haven't made a virtual memory card on your PS3 yet. On your system XMB, there's a "memory card utility" next to your PS3 save data and "Minis" save data. Go into that, and you should be given the option to create a PS1 memory card and name it. Once that is assigned, you can launch Metal Gear or whatever and actually have someplace to save.

blueinferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#199  Edited By blueinferno

@Helimocopter said:

DeathSpank

I bought that game on sale and still regret it.

Totori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Totori
@RWBladewing said:

Record of Agarest War Zero

Yeah that game is fucking terrible. I fell for buying Idea Factory games like four times now. Never buy a game by Idea Factory or Compile Heart.