Games you regret buying....

savepoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#251  Edited By savepoint

Dragon Age 2. I almost always wait to buy games until they get under the $20-$30 mark, but was pretty excited about DA2... definitely regret purchasing that at full price. Going through the same areas over and over killed it for me. Still beat it, but really wish I hadn't paid full price.

Other than that, there is probably a bunch of steam games I really didn't need to buy, but they were so cheap so I don't care that much.

I was thinking about starting Far Cry 2 soon, but looking at the consensus here I might just hold off on that one. Got it for free on PS+ anyway.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#252  Edited By Sackmanjones

Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City. I simply can't resist a RE game and the got me. Wasted an entire gift card.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#253  Edited By Sackmanjones

I like far cry 2...

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#254  Edited By Hector

Transformers: Dark of the Moon. It wasn't anything like Fall of Cybertron.

bombastius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#255  Edited By bombastius
@RHYMESCHEME23 Duke nukem forever, I don't regrett playing it but paying full price for that bag of sadness I do regrett.
_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#256  Edited By _Zombie_

@Sackmanjones said:

Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City. I simply can't resist a RE game and the got me. Wasted an entire gift card.

I'll second this. I bought it on discount.. returned it about a week later.

GunnyHath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257  Edited By GunnyHath

Far Cry 2.. and Bioshock. FC2 has a huge pedigree to live up to, and it ultimately fails horribly. Bioshock has SO much potential, but they wasted it with dull gameplay. I still remain hopeful for Infinite, but I will not hold my breath like last time. FC3 holds a lot of potential as well, I hope Ubi learned from their previous mistakes.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258  Edited By Chop

Nier

I bought it back when I thought I still liked every jrpg ever. Turns out, I was a fucking idiot.

Ghostin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#259  Edited By Ghostin

Puzzle Quest: Galactrix, it made me realise that Puzzle Quest 1 was a happy accident. Puzzle Quest 2 made me realise they can't recreate it.

PhilipDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260  Edited By PhilipDuck

Recently Mass Effect 3, got so bored of that game so quickly had to force my self to complete it so i could see the shitty ending.

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261  Edited By Binman88

Dragon Age 2, Alone in the Dark (the 2008 one), Bulletstorm.

Avatar image for kungfu_teddybear
Kungfu_Teddybear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought Too Human at full price.

No Caption Provided
MrSlapHappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#263  Edited By MrSlapHappy

@jakers11:

OOOOOOOOhhh....friends. Nope, didnt have many of them. My brother and I had one pair of controllers and he was not interested in tennis at all. I played it by myself alot and it got boring since it was mostly arcade modes and there was really no reward to winning all the tournaments.

blueaniman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#264  Edited By blueaniman93

Fable III

Was only five bucks on Steam but still not worth it. Would have had more fun playing Fable 2 again.

Moody_yeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#265  Edited By Moody_yeti

Vampire rain,Grrrrrr.

Fuck that game.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266  Edited By JustPlainLucas

If I paid for it, it would have been Ridge Racer for the Vita. Thankfully, I got it as a gift. Anyway, I think one of the worst games I purchased in a long time is... Sonic and the Secret Rings on the Wii. That was just an abhorable mess of a Sonic game. Literally gave me headaches.

Mercer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267  Edited By Mercer

about 6 games on my Steam collection filed under the "Regret" Category that will always haunt me 
From Dust
Rag Doll Kung Foo
Ricochet
The Ship
SiN
SiN Emergence (well i did like this one, this one is more regret of the publisher that they couldn't continue it)

Hyperglide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268  Edited By Hyperglide

Worms 2: Armageddon. Recommended STRONGLY by a friend who loves it. I shouldn't really have this on my list as I only picked it up for 400 MSP but still I really don't get the popularity of this game. Boring game.

Legend of Dragoon. Was a huge jRPG fan on the PS1 back in the day, but I couldn't get into this game at all. I only played it for a couple of minutes and gave up.

Final Fantasy XIII. 'Nuff said.

Rage. I don't honestly know how I finished this game. I thought it would be amazing. It was just a linear cookie cutter wannabe Fallout clone.

Dragon Age 2. I heard all the negative press but I didn't believe it, as I was a huge fan of the first game and I love Bioware. The one time I should've listened. Recycled levels, dull gameplay and an overall rushed game made this a stinker.

Tekken 6. Buggy as hell. Game kept crashing on me. Even after I bought it out of a bargain bin from EB Games for like $6, I still feel cheated.

The Club. Style over substance. Boring game. Couldn't get into it at all. Very derivative.

Unlimited SaGa.

Legend of Mana.

Chrono Cross. These last 3 games officially made me pretty much ignore jRPGS for a long time that didn't have Final Fantasy in their name. I didn't really get into another one and adore, until Lost Odyssey. What hurt more was I was making minimum wage and I paid full price for these turds. Well cept for SaGa because it dropped so fast in price (gee I wonder why), after launch I only got burned $29.99 for it.

I'm sure there's more but that's enough for one post. Verging on TL:DR territory.

EDIT: People disliked LA Noire, Comic Jumper and Bastion? Da fuq? "I don't want to live here anymore"

k4el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269  Edited By k4el

FF13 is rapidly taking this spot for me, I just can not get into that game no matter how hard I try. I want to love you square... why must you do this to me.

@Cloudenvy said:

Hmm, the only two games that come to mind are Prototype and Magicka.

EDIT: Oh, and The Witcher.

WOW... W... T... F...

I get not liking those games but to the extent that you "regret them the most?"

Witcher is a great RPG, granted the combat was not brilliant but the other trappings were great. Magicka has really unique gameplay and is charming self aware as hell. Prototype I'll give you, those boss battles sucked but the rest of the gameplay was decent. I'm not saying you're wrong but damn man if those are the games you regret the MOST you're damned careful with your purchases.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270  Edited By Cloudenvy

@k4el: I am indeed very careful with my purchases!

I don't like Magicka at all from a gameplay standpoint, it was fun for like an hour and then you just kept falling back on the same spells. To be fair, The Witcher was my own fault considering that I normally despise fantasy games.

Okari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271  Edited By Okari

I had just gotten a PS3 for Christmas, and I had some money to go and buy one game afterwards. I went to Best Buy and picked up two games, Valkyria Chronicles and Sonic Unleashed. It took me a bit to decide, but I ultimately chose Sonic Unleashed. After playing an hour of it, I became nauseous from thinking about how I bought this "game" at full price. I have, and never will buy another Sonic game because of this.

zef40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272  Edited By zef40

After regularly babysitting for my 4 year old nephew and using various consoles as a method of parenting I spaztically bought minecraft: xbox 360 edition.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#273  Edited By kerse

Rage and Max Payne 3, I found rage completely boring and Max was not fun to play for me.

Artikay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274  Edited By Artikay

Mirror's Edge. You know, if I stopped playing that game I would ha e liked It more, but I forced myself through the entire game... I never had any fun with it at all.

Darth Paul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#275  Edited By Darth Paul

Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - I really tried to like it, since LoZ is my favorite game franchise and I never miss a title, but I got half way through it and just got tired of the controls and constant train delivery crap needed to unlock all the new sections of the game, so I sold it immediately.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276  Edited By Still_I_Cry

Darksiders.

LA Noire.

Prototype.

Far Cry 2

Magicka.

Any Halo Game barring 1&2,

Any Call Of Duty after 4.

Avatar image for phantomgardener
PhantomGardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277  Edited By PhantomGardener

The most recent game I can think of is Neverdead, god damn that game was just horrible.

Avatar image for lemmycaution217
Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278  Edited By Lemmycaution217

@SlightConfuse said:

El Shadai the combat got real tedious and boring. Beautiful game though

This after a certain point. If you play the game long enough it starts lagging/freezing after every time you kill something. It is fucked.

Also, Dragon Age 2. Never regretted a game purchase until the day I bought that.

Avatar image for terrytrowbridge
TerryTrowbridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279  Edited By TerryTrowbridge

Mario Kart: Double Dash. I don't know why buy I hated this entry in the series.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280  Edited By Levius

If I look back honestly about half of the games I bought. Probably the last was Battlefield 3 for the PS3, after seeing the PC version I just couldn't get over how limited the game was.

advocatefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281  Edited By advocatefish

Final Fantasy Tactics PS1- Loved FF IX. Thought it would be another like that.

Madden '05 GC- Knew then and there football sucks.

Dead Or Alive 4- My first 360 game, looked great, bored immediately.

Dead Island 360- So hyped, so disappointed.

Dragon Age PS3- Screen tears from hell.

Any game I've ever bought for my PSP... and 3DS.

And for the grand finale El Shaddai! Wow, I didn't know you could put a piece a shit in a box and sell it.

Branwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282  Edited By Branwulf

Duke Nukem Forever, Dragon Age 2, and Railroad Tycoon 2 which I bought like 2 days ago and i've no fucking idea why because it's old and not as fun as I remember it being : /

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283  Edited By ozzdog12

a Wii

RedDeadRobbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It has got to be Dead Island. The only reason that I bought it was the coop, and the coop never worked! Literally the biggest waste of money ever, and it only cost 19.99. Alongside the terrible coop, the single player was pretty poor and all the missions were pretty much the same. The worst thing is that I bought a digital copy so I can't even sell it. WORST PURCHASE EVER.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#285  Edited By Humanity
@teoball said:

Deus Ex : Human Revolution

Resonance of Fate

The Witcher 2 (I've started it twice but never made it past the town in the forest. I just find it horribly boring)

Some of my favorite games - funny how tastes can differ so drastically from person to person!

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#286  Edited By MildMolasses

@humanity: Wait a minute. That's not how the internet works. You're supposed to berate him and tell him he's wrong. What is this accepting differing opinions shit?

What's your game, sir?

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#287  Edited By Branthog

Sim City. I never imagined a Sim City game would be a let-down, so I was eager to get at it. Everything I'd seen of the coverage prior to launch had been high praise of its complexity and depth and the videos for it and discussion about it made it seem like it would be massive. I never got the impression that it was going to be a small locked-in world. They also made it clear that you could play single player, if you want (which I think most of us took to mean that you could either choose to play online however that works OR you could choose to play by yourself -- even if it still required an online connection). It never occurred to me that "single player is optional" would mean "well, it's multiplayer, but by yourself". Ugh.

Anyway, I never had connection issues. I downloaded it through their convoluted system (even though I bought it on Origin, it required that I download a separate installer through Original, then run the installer/downloader separately, which then proceeded to download and install the whole actual game). I then played it for about four hours in a region with 16 people or whatever. I was done with the game, for good, in less than that four hours. The land was too small. The "my city specializes in X" was dumb and social-web-game-ish. The "my city sends you trucks!" stuff was idiotic. Everything pretty much was apparent that you started to see video analysis of over the following month. After I logged out, I only returned three times -- for a few minutes each time -- over the following weeks. This was just to see if anything ever finally happens to your city that you haven't touched in this "persistent" world. Nope. Nothing. It was just fine. As if I'd never left. I looked at my neighbors. Most people hadn't come back and played in several days. Then a week. Last time I checked, NONE of the 16 people had been on two to three weeks. After that, I logged out, went into Origin, uninstalled Sim City, and counted it up to one fucking enormous waste of money.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

@humanity: Wait a minute. That's not how the internet works. You're supposed to berate him and tell him he's wrong. What is this accepting differing opinions shit?

What's your game, sir?

Sorry I meant to say, uhhh why don't you like this esoteric Japanese RPG that sold horribly.. you err knucklehead!! Shame on you!

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Assassin's Creed (when I bought the first I bought the next two as well). Played the first for a few hours. It was fun at first but then got super repetitive...Like ride a horse here, climb up a bunch of shit and look to unlock some missions, do missions, assassinate guy, go back to the castle, repeat. Pretty lame after the third time.

Shakey1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SoulFighter on the Dreamcast. The two times that I played it I ended up with a debilitating migraine and a nosebleed.

Soviet666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brutal Legend - Wasted my money on boring RTS-ish something. Music was good tho.

Final Fantasy XIII - Wanted to get into the jRPG genre, but this stuff was just boring.

CooVee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#292  Edited By CooVee

The Witcher 2

I'm sure it has a great story with interesting moral choices but I do not enjoy the combat in the slightest and thats a pretty big part of the game as well.

Avatar image for warlockengineermoredakka
WarlockEngineerMoreDakka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Homeworld 2 is what immediately comes to mind for purchases I regret. It is the first game I ever pre-ordered, and it just turned out to be inferior to the original in almost every way. Not the sequel I was looking for at all. :(

Other purchases I've regretted include:

• A Bug's Life (PS1)
  • No Man's Land (PC)
  • Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron (PSP)
  • Valhalla Knights 2 (PSP)
  • Empire Earth 2 (PC)
  • Star Wars: Empire at War (PC)
  • Final Fantasy 7: Crisis Core (PSP)
  • Spore (PC)
  • Haze (PS3)
  • Garshasp: Temple of the Dragon (PC)
  • Hammerfight (PC)

Hammerfight and Temple of the Dragon were my most recent regrettable purchases. Wasn't a complete loss since I got both of them on sale though. :P

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294  Edited By ShaggE

Going ultra-obscure here: Maabus.

Loading Video...

I was so goddamned excited to buy this game. I was 10, so this trailer seemed more awesome than painfully hokey. (sorry about the UMG restriction... well worth the extra click, though, believe me)

I'd watch it over and over, fingers crossed that I'd find it somewhere.

Sure enough, I found it... unfortunately, the playthrough is no longer on Youtube, so just picture an hour (One hour. Time limit and everything. You can push it up to two, but why?) of this screen, a hilariously drawn-out game over screen every few minutes, and... that's as far as I've ever gotten.

I found another copy of this tragedy of a game, and so I'm finally going to push through and finish this damn thing.

Fucking Maabus, man.

MajestyApollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Assassin's Creed 3. Not because it was a terrible game, but because of a combination of it being a disappointing AC title and the only one I bought at full price (£42, about $65(!!!)).

Gears of War. Again, not because it's a bad game, but just because I know it's not my thing and I have no fucking idea why I bought it regardless.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#296  Edited By Hunter5024

Since I last posted in this thread I would also like to add Assassins Creed III. It had a couple of high points but the more I look back on it the more negatively I feel. It's basically killed all of my interest in the series. Starting to regret Sim City a little as well. I thought it would be one of those games where every month or so it would devour an entire weekend, but I'm already pretty bored with it. I still have some hope that it's major issues will be fixed, I think it's too big of a game for them to just let it stay the way it is.

Avatar image for commander_crichton
Commander_Crichton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Made Man - I just bought it cause the guy on the cover looked like Christopher Lambert.

Kane and Lynch - Oh, the dudes that made Hitman have a new game out! Sure, I'll buy it!

Silent Hill: Homecoming - Somehow I managed to power through Made Man but not this. I guess that says plenty about its quality.

Also, am I the only person that loved every second of Far Cry 2? I think I've played through it twice on PC and twice on PS3.

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i spent 60 bucks on TTT2 because i know very little about tekken and it turns out i dont really want to know anything else.

FunkasaurasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299  Edited By FunkasaurasRex

I purchased Elder Scrolls IV and didn't care for it. I later purchased Fallout 3 and didn't enjoy it. I then convinced myself to purchase New Vegas for some reason and I've now wasted my money on three Bethesda games that bore me to death.

resifreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bomberman Act Zero, Alpha Protocol, Alone In the Dark, Battlefield 2 Modern Combat, and from back on the ps1, victory boxing challenger, sucked so much :(