Games you regret trading, selling, giving away

narley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By narley

I was thinking of all the games I've had. And I've had alot of games. But whith every console I have ever owned, at one point, in order to play new games, I start trading them in. 
I've given away some games from past consoles, even current ones to friends, and I have sold games because at the moment it seemed like a good idea because I wasnt using the game or console that much anymore. 

I really miss having my Banjo kazooie copy for the nintendo 64. My legend of zelda, mario 3 and mario 2 copy for the NES, I also miss my PSP.  
But not too long ago, I had to give up my copy of Castlevania for the PSP, my imported Naruto DS game, even though I no longer have a DS, and I almos gave up my imported ridge race PSP copy from the psp lauch in japan, Just to get more PS3 games. I know the games Im talking about may not be the best ones out there. But they hold some good memories, Just like jump superstars and jump ultimate stars, wich I no longer have. 

One game Im sure that I'll keep is mario 64 for the DS. A few years back, I gave my little brother games and what not for christmas, making him realy happy, and some what guilty cause he didint got me anything. I wasnt expecting anything from a little kid, but when he wraped the game he played the most on his DS, wich BTW was his only gaming device, and he gave it to me, I felt warm and fuzzy inside. It was nice. I still have that game. And I dont think I'll be giving it up. In fact, I just might get another DS to play it again.
meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By meteora

Yeah, there's some really good games that you might have fond memories or experience with that seem to really hit you hard when you get rid of it, by whatever means. I never want to give away my games unless I'm sure that I won't be playing it anymore, or if the game in general is absolute shit.

I lent my copy of StarCraft to somebody else. Never got it back since the guy lost it. I really regret doing that. Funny how I haven't bought a new copy of the game yet... I always had fun playing custom games on Battle.Net.

noextralife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By noextralife

I traded in a copy of Star Ocean 2 for the PS1, now the disc was damaged and it wouldn't progress past a certain point, but i've never gotten around to replacing it, a gap in my collection i've never been proud of making.

@Meteora: 

I lost my hard copy of Starcraft, it is however up for download via the blizzard store which is how I replaced my copy, if you want it back pain free.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By eroticfishcake

I don't trade games in or sell them no matter how shit they are since I've got this mentality of keeping them knowing that one day they'll be out of production. However, I did give a copy of Crysis to a friend of mine since I never did like it at all. A couple of days later my cousin (who works for EA Games) sent me a Collecter's Editon of Crysis...

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Driadon

Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker on the DS is the first one that comes to mind followed by Viva Pinata and Riviera: The Promised Land on the GBA

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

Gears of War 2
GTA IV

but then again i used that money to buy other games.

kraznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By kraznor

Starfox 64. Other than that, it was all terrible. Oh, unless you count my Mom tossing all my Atari stuff after I got a SNES. That wasn't my fault though but I still find it depressing.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8  Edited By breadfan

I let a friend of mine borrow my copy of Vice City when it first came out and his mom threw it away.

brainwins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By brainwins

Zelda II "Gold edition"

narley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By narley
@Br3adfan said:
"I let a friend of mine borrow my copy of Vice City when it first came out and his mom threw it away. "

Its odd how most people blame loosing your game on wierd mishaps that never afect them, only you. 

When I lost my first PSP, wich was actually stollen, It got stollen along with my friends truck. I left it inside his truck because I thought that if  I got too drunk, that I would loose it, or forget I had it with me, or lend it to somebody and not remember that I did so. Big surprise when we got out. No truck, no PSP. Thats the only time I can recal of some one loosing something of mine and being afected by that as well.
Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Scooper

I lent that amazing NES batman game to a friend who then lent it to his other friend without asking me and I never got the game back. I was pissed because you can't get that game anymore unless it's on Ebay for $100.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Akeldama

mint condition of Fatal Frame 2....FUCK...

misterpope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By misterpope

The World Ends With You. Really shoulda kept that one.

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#14  Edited By gingertastic_10

Fallout 3, but I bought it again.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#15  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Paper Mario: TTYD. I really shouldn't have sold that game.
 I also thought I sold Kirby 64 a while back, but when I was cleaning out my closet, lo and behold, I found it in a plastic bag.

Cheapoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Cheapoz

I traded COD4 for Gears 2, assuming I'd play it instead for the next year. 

Pity Gears 2 MP sucked massively. 

As a result, I don't trade in any of my games anymore.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Hitchenson

I regret selling my Wii at times. I got a PS3 out of it though, so it wasn't like a huge loss.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Rhaknar

Halo 3. I gave my basically new collectors edition to a friend for his birthday, and i have been wanting to play it again, mainly because i only finished it once, in co-op, as the arbiter, and i would like to finish it by myself too (didnt really pay attention to the cut scenes and whatnot last time)... oh well

General_D23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By General_D23

I remember giving Battle Engine Aquila to a friend for his birthday a long, long time ago. I never could find that again. I remember playing that alot. 

I got rid of KotOR and bought it back so many times I think a put a good $150 on the thing.  

I also sold the Brothers in Arms games since Microsoft couldn't get those to be backwards compatable. The second Kingdom Under Fire game for that reason too.
Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#20  Edited By Griddler

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune, that is until Uncharted 2 came out.

L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By L33tfella_H

Not about me specifically, but i regret my friend selling his PS2 for an Xbox...for all the fun i had with him playing on the Xbox...C'mon Mayne.

Cazamalos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Cazamalos

i miss a Lost odyssey game that my sister brought me from Chile (i sell it really cheap); and a fable 2 an ex-girlfriend give it to me and i gift it t while i was angry/broken heart ;and the only  "old" game i miss, think Crash bandicoot 2 that somebody stole it from me :(

narley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By narley

Also, I would still like to have my copy of Shadow man, and Jet force gemini for the Nintendo 64. Those were jsut good games. 
Not alot of people played shadowman, but that game was really cool, in a wierd way, and it had a really interesting and odd story. Darker than most of the games I had seen up to that point.
DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By DanielJW

My SNES and all it's games. :(