Games you want, but just can't find.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Red

Have you ever really wanted a game but not be able to find it. Maybe it's old, low-circulation or just sold-out everywhere, what are the games you want but can't find?

The only one I can think of is ICO which, I sadly don't see myself getting any time soon.
Marzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Marzy

I've really wanted Pikmin 2 for the Gamecube, but there are usualy hardly any copies of it on Ebay and when there are, they usually sell for a high price. I may have to get it when it come out on the Wii instead. I think I may do the same for Chibi Robo, as I also missed out on that and I am unable to find a copy for the Gamecube.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By kush

I really wish I had a copy of Breath of Fire IV for the Playstation, but I don't feel like paying Ebay prices for it. Also, I wish I could find my copies of Marvel vs. Capcom 1/2...

NateDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By NateDogg

Burnout Paradise.

Not for myself personally... But I have 2 friends trying to find that game and it is impossible! At least for the Xbox 360.. Have seen copies for the PS3 around.. But since the holidays it has been like this.
weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By weltal

I don't know, what with the internet and all you can find most any game you want.

I guess at least when it comes to a price point I'd like to get Persona 1/2 but they are kinda beyond what I'm willing to play. Come on Sony, I wanna play 'em on my PSP.

Shazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Shazam

Until very recently, the Space Quest series. Could not find it ANYWHERE. I have very fond memories of playing them as a kid and I just got this urge to play them again. I look on Amazon,eBay - in the end I borrowed it off a friend who had them up in her attic just wasting away. It was a hell of a search.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#7  Edited By Icemael

The first Fatal Frame for XBOX and Tales of Symphonia for GC. They're pretty much impossible to find around here...

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By suneku

I've been looking for a new Parasite Eve 1 and 2, ugh I was so stupid for selling those away.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

I was surprised to see someone else say Burnout Paradise for the 360 in this thread, because that's exactly what I'm (or was) looking for. I'm just gonna wait for the Ultimate Box now.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By BoG

It's the Shin Megami Tensei series for me. I'm slowly obtaining most of them, but it's really tough to get the older ones.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By Snail

I live in Portugal which is in Europe, which is a PAL region.

The list is too big too fit here.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Linkyshinks

I collect old and rare games and constantly add to my wanted list, but off the top of my head;

Bangai O Dreamcast: Not the Prize Edition :) (That's worth a thousand dollars at the very least)
Chibi Robo GC
Daytona CCE Netlink Edition Saturn
Virtual On Netlink Edition Saturn
Panzer Dragoon Saga Saturn
Hyperduel Saturn

I was lucky to find this rarity last week in Guardian Heroes, which is a Treasure beat em up (!) with RPG elements (!).

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By RHCPfan24

Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence. I bought it when it came out, but one day I was playing it when my dog ran through the room and caught up the cords to my PS2, bringing the thing to the ground, disc in drive. There was a huge scratch on the disc, and I couldn't get past "The End" (the boss character, mind you). I have wanted to play it since, but there are no copies left at EB, let alone Best Buy, and I don't want to pay the prices on eBay.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By toowalrus

That one PC game that was an exact copy of Oblivion

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Snail
TooWalrus said:
"That one PC game that was an exact copy of Oblivion"
Two worlds?
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By toowalrus

No no, they talked about it on the Bombcast awhile back. It was yanked off the shelves because it stole whole areas straight out of oblivion.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By toowalrus

Found it: Limbo of the Lost:

This is Oblivion.
This is Oblivion.
This is Limbo.
This is Limbo.
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Snail
TooWalrus said:
"No no, they talked about it on the Bombcast awhile back. It was yanked off the shelves because it stole whole areas straight out of oblivion."
Seriously? I don't remember anything like that.
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Snail
TooWalrus said:
"Found it: Limbo of the Lost:
This is Oblivion.
This is Oblivion.
This is Limbo.
This is Limbo.
"
That is such a shameless copy/paste. Did they really think they would get away with it?
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By toowalrus

Well they yanked the game off the shelves, and when they pop up on Ebay they are expensive, check out all the charges on its Wikipedia sometime, lol

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Snail
TooWalrus said:
"Well they yanked the game off the shelves, and when they pop up on Ebay they are expensive, check out all the charges on its Wikipedia sometime, lol"
Who were the morons that had such an idea as riping-off Oblivion?
Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22  Edited By Out_On_Bail

Unchartered Waters for SNES.  It's all over ebay though I just don't want to spend the money on it. 

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By TheFreeMan

I've been searching for Zone Of The Enders 2 (I never played the first one though) for a while now. It's almost as if it doesn't exist.

iGaboru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#24  Edited By iGaboru
Radiant Silvergun, Guardian Heroes, Panzer Dragoon Saga for the Saturn (import only) you could buy a house for the price of those 3...
whackmypinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By whackmypinata
TheGTAvaccine said:
"I was surprised to see someone else say Burnout Paradise for the 360 in this thread, because that's exactly what I'm (or was) looking for. I'm just gonna wait for the Ultimate Box now."
Do you know the starting price of that?
zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By zitosilva

It took me a while to ger my hands on a copy of Mana Khemia and Pikmin 2, but I was finally able to a couple of months ago (though I had to buy Pikmin 2 used).

merlinisg0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By merlinisg0d

Madden 06 for the 360.....sick easy gamerscore

OneEyedNinja7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By OneEyedNinja7

The Korg thing. I bet it's online-only like Electroplankton. Never really checked though.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By brukaoru

I don't know if "can't find" are the right words so much as "can't find for a reasonable price." A few I can think of at the moment are Xenogears, Shin Megami Tensei titles (like Digital Devil Saga 2), and Marvel VS Capcom 2.

TheFreeMan said:

"I've been searching for Zone Of The Enders 2 (I never played the first one though) for a while now. It's almost as if it doesn't exist."
Seen quite a few copies available on eBay, if you're into online shopping.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TheGTAvaccine
whackmypinata said:
"TheGTAvaccine said:
"I was surprised to see someone else say Burnout Paradise for the 360 in this thread, because that's exactly what I'm (or was) looking for. I'm just gonna wait for the Ultimate Box now."
Do you know the starting price of that?"
I'm pretty sure it's going to be 40 dollars...could be wrong though.
creamclouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By creamclouds

Star Ocean: The Second Story, PS1 - PAL version.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#32  Edited By RHCPfan24

Oh, and I forgot No More Heroes.  I didn't buy that game for some reason last year, and now I can't find it anywhere. Anyone know a place to get it?

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By gunswordfist
Red said:
"Have you ever really wanted a game but not be able to find it. Maybe it's old, low-circulation or just sold-out everywhere, what are the games you want but can't find?
The only one I can think of is ICO which, I sadly don't see myself getting any time soon.
"
I haven't searched for ICO yet but I could not find Ninja Gaiden 2 when I looked last year. Hopefully Best Buy will have it or Circuit City will when they hopefully throw a 'Let's get read of all of our shyet sell' right before they close in March.RHCPfan24 said:
"Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence. I bought it when it came out, but one day I was playing it when my dog ran through the room and caught up the cords to my PS2, bringing the thing to the ground, disc in drive. There was a huge scratch on the disc, and I couldn't get past "The End" (the boss character, mind you). I have wanted to play it since, but there are no copies left at EB, let alone Best Buy, and I don't want to pay the prices on eBay."

OMG!!! That's beyond horrible. Man you got to finish the Metal Gear Solid series' most ingenious boss fight. Please just go get the Metal Gear Solid Essential Edition.TheGTAvaccine said:
Burnout's having a collection of games or a Special Edition?iGaboru said:
"Radiant Silvergun, Guardian Heroes, Panzer Dragoon Saga for the Saturn (import only) you could buy a house for the price of those 3..."
Are those all Treasure games?! I love those guys. Gunstar Heroes is incredible and Astro Boy Omega Factor is the greatest handheld game ever made period period period

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#34  Edited By matthew
Red said:
"The only one I can think of is ICO which, I sadly don't see myself getting any time soon."
sarkeen said:
"Yeah Ico for me also."
ICO was on my list for quite the while, and just about two weeks ago, I found it in awesome condition (used though) at the local Gamestop - which is not one of the bad ones we all hear about on the boards.  I happily paid the 20$ for it, although I would have been willing to pay full price for a brand new copy.

Another one I regret never making the point to pick up is Vagrant Story for the PS1.  Never can seem to find it....
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#35  Edited By artofwar420

Zone of the Enders 1 & 2 for me.

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36  Edited By Lunarbunny

I haven't looked for most of the titles you listed, but I've found Amazon's a pretty good place to find hard-to-find/old games.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TheFreeMan
brukaoru said:
"Seen quite a few copies available on eBay, if you're into online shopping."
I appreciate it, but I'm not into online shopping :(
HiroSeven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By HiroSeven

Twisted Metal 2.

It was probably the first ever game I played on PS1 and I cant find it anywhere. In the same vain I cant find TM: Black either; Not too sure if 'head on' will be good, maybe I should try renting that for PS2 since I know where I can rent it.

Fire Emblem

The first fire emblem that we got in NA on the GBA, I've looked and looked and its nowhere to be found...

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By artofwar420
TheFreeMan said:
"brukaoru said:
"Seen quite a few copies available on eBay, if you're into online shopping."
I appreciate it, but I'm not into online shopping :("
That's too bad, cause that's pretty much the only way to get hard to find games. I bought ICO through Amazon, it was a used copy, but scratch free, however it smelled like weed... but that's the price I paid ($18)
tokyochicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#40  Edited By tokyochicken

Orginally it was finding a copy of Persona 3 but I amanged to find one this summer. Anything Atlus thats dated and Godhand for the ps2

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Illmatic

Pikmin 2 is one I can't find anywhere. It's especially annoying since I've heard some say its better than the first which is pretty huge since I loved the first one to death. No way I'm paying the prices Ebay sellers are putting up for it though. Maybe the prices will go down when the Wii version comes out seeing as I don't have a Wii.

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By azteris
OneEyedNinja7 said:
"The Korg thing. I bet it's online-only like Electroplankton. Never really checked though."
No, I've seen Korg in stores.
teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By teptom

I'm trying to find the Persona series and The World Ends With You. 

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#44  Edited By TheGreatGuero

There has been a few... Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes for instance. If you're trying to find it anywhere new, expect to pay a lot more than $50... which I refuse to do. I wouldn't mind owning Pikmin 2, though I actually don't think I knew it had become a rare game to find. I tried getting Ico maybe 3 years back, and had no luck. Also, I've struggled to find Zack and Wiki. It didn't sell too hot, so they dropped the retail price to $20 after a few months. I tried to buy it late last year and the price had gone up too high for me to even consider getting it.

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Optiow

I always wanted Shadow of Rome and it took me months to find a copy.

BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#46  Edited By BawlZINmotion

Locally I've been trying to find a copy of Zack & Wiki. No dice, time for the Internet I guess.