Games you wanted to play, but never got the chance..

Blinck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Blinck

Hey mates!
So, tell me about games that you would have liked to play but never got the chance.
Games that you wanted at that time but couldn't get, and them more new games or new generation consoles came so you ended up "forgetting" about them.
Gonna name a few for me:

Okami    -    RE4   -  Planetscape: Torment   -   Chronicles of Riddick   -   All the Zelda and Mario games ( never got a nintendo system )
Deus EX   -   Fallout 1 & 2

There are others of course, this is just the first ones that came to my mind!
your turn!

cheers

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Whisperkill

Crackdown

Condemned 1
Dead Space (will get too soon)
The Darkness
Stranglehold

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By penguindust

I'm in the midst of going back to the PS2 days and playing old JRPGs.  I had a PS2 for a number of years, then sold it, and didn't buy a new one.  During that time, I missed out on a lot of JRPGs for the system.  And, truth be told, I was only so-so into them when I did have a PS2.  Games like FFX and Dark Cloud were great, but also really long.  I was into quick jolts of gaming goodness at that time, especially in the early days of Xbox Online (mmm, Rainbow 6 & MechAssault).  When I did return to RPGs, it was to Xbox western produced games like KOTOR, Morrowind & Fable1.  But, recently I was bitten by the bug and have been enjoying old games in my library that sat unplayed for years and games from Gamefly.  I have a launch era PS3 so backward compatibility isn't an issue.  

If anyone can suggest JRPGs from the PS2 era, I'd appriciate a little education.  I'm working on Persona FES & Dragon Quest VIII right now, with Wild Arms 4, Rogue Galaxy, and Persona 4 in the pipeline.

logson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By logson

Okami, Shadow of the Colossus, Iko, Half Life, HL2: Episode 2, The Persona Series, Monkey Island, Grim Fandango, KOTOR 1 and 2, Metroid Prime 2 and 3, All the Sam and Maxs besides Season 1 Episode 1, the Ultima series, Diablo II,  Track & Field, the Castlevania series.

SORRY VIDEO GAMES.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I'm still trying to (in the long term) get my hands on The World Ends With You for DS and Pokemon: Fire Red for GBA because I missed out on getting them when they came out in the flood of other stuff I was playing. Also I never got Super Mario Bros. 3 for my GBA either.. In fact there is probably a whole bunch of games that I was gonna get and didn't end up picking up because of whatever reason.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Pie

All the awesome old rpgs before the xbox and gamecube came out.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#7  Edited By AgentJ

Every good game for the PS2, I'll get to you someday.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By shadows_kill

persona games
FF7 & 8
the darkness

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By HandsomeDead

Anything released late on in a generation.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Karmum

Resident Evil 4, and many of the Zelda games. (specifically on the N64)

Torrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Torrim

I'd like to at least give Kingdom Hearts a chance again.  Everyone says it gets better toward the latter part of the game I didn't even give it five hours :/

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12  Edited By Red

ICO, Pikmin, Odin Sphere and Viewtiful Joe.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13  Edited By kush

I always wanted to play the Diablo I/II back in the day but completely missed the boat. I did recently grab a copy of Diablo II, but I haven't been bothered to do more than just install it so far. There are also plenty of SNES and N64 games I still want to play since I never owned either of those systems.

Avatar image for auspiciousqueue
auspiciousqueue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By auspiciousqueue

Shadow Hearts, .hack//infection, Odin Sphere, Original Grandia 

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

God of War 1&2, GTA4, Okami, Psychonauts, Beyond Good and Evil, Half Life/Portal, Mario Galaxy, Chrono Trigger. There are more, I just can't think of any right now.

Avatar image for valkyriegoddess
ValkyrieGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ValkyrieGoddess

Dragonseed, The first few Phantasy Star games, and some of the very old Dragon Quest games.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By Karmum
Many, many, great NES games.
JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By JoelTGM

Deadspace, and Pure.

Retrogimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By Retrogimp

Eternal Darkness for the Gamecube, Shadowman for the N64, Buffy the Vampire Slayer for the XBox (big buffy fan, and it looks better than Chaos Bleeds), and although I have it I still need to play Majora's Mask, among others I can't remember.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By jakob187
Whisperkill said:
"Crackdown
Dead Space (will get too soon)
The Darkness"
Those happen to be three of my favorite games from this generation.  What the FUCK are you waiting for, man?!

I've been playing Crackdown the last three days or so again at the apartment, and it's still just as awesome as when I first played it.  So much freedom...

Dead Space is probably one of the best "survival horror" games, if not "shooter" games, that I've seen hit a console this generation...PERIOD!  Totally atmospheric and absolutely amazing sound design fused with tight controls and excellently immersive gameplay.

The Darkness is probably one of the best stories I've seen in a game.  That thing tears at my heartstrings STILL!  Just the middle point of that game...the climax...the emotions it takes you through...The Darkness was the first time I ever yelled at a game with a serious tone in my voice of "I'm gonna fucking rip your head off, you motherfucker!".  I was PISSED at Paulie.

You'll see what I mean.  The Darkness can easily be found in most Wal-Mart and Target bargain bins, or cheap at your local gaming retailer.  I would suggest picking that one up FIRST!

As for games that I haven't had the chance to play, there is only one that I've wanted to play but I keep passing up:

Dirt

I loved Grid a ton, and I figure I'll probably enjoy the hell out of Dirt.  I just haven't gotten around to it.  Other than that, I usually end up playing the games that I WANT to play.
tomance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By tomance

Okami is the one that comes to my mind first.  I will play it though, I just need to buy it, it's like 30 bucks on Wii.

MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MKHavoc

KOTOR and No More Heroes are the only games I can think of right now.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Milkman

For all the people saying The Darkness, you need to check it out like right now. It's definitely has its flaws but it has, to me, the single most emotionally jarring cutscene in video game history. 

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Osaladin

Panzer Dragoon Orta.