#1 Posted by Yorkin (139 posts) -

I used to be big into PC games, but now I'm all about the consoles. So here's my list of games I'd want on XBLA with 400 achievement points each.

Thief 1&2, System Shock 1&2, Unreal 1&2, Quake 1&2 (surprised these aren't on there already since Quake 1 was bundled with Quake 4,) Anachronox, Blood 1&2, Kingpin.

I could go on, but I think you guys get what I'm saying. I'd love to see a bunch of late 90's, early 2000's PC classics brought to consoles. I know I could still get those on the PC, but like I said, I haven't been interested in gaming on my PC for a long time.

Maybe those types of games will come to XBLA and PSN in the next generation of consoles.

What games would you guys wanna see brought to consoles for download?

#2 Posted by mitsuko_souma (135 posts) -

Tecmo Super Bowl, and not some bullshit remake either.

#3 Posted by ddensel (371 posts) -
#4 Posted by Redbullet685 (6025 posts) -

I would love for there to be an HD remake of The Warriors on XBLA/PSN. I'd be all over that shit.

#5 Posted by crusader8463 (14412 posts) -

I have been afraid to look out of fear of my wallet exploding into dust, so I'm sure a lot of them are on there already, but there are a ton of old PSX/PS2 JRPG's that I would kill to see on PSN. Just can't get into the idea of spending money on a library of digital only games for consoles though. As soon as the next gen rolls around they will be unplayable and a few years after that I will be lucky if I can even download them any more. Unless they had some guarantee that I would always be able to play them no matter what version of the system I own I just can't see me spending money on digital console games.

#6 Edited by Rafaelfc (1313 posts) -

heretic and hexen

i'd kill for those on xbla

#7 Posted by HumanityPlague (251 posts) -

An original Xbox game called "Deathrow". It was a futuristic sports game where you threw a disk into a goal, but you could also beat up the opposing team, collect points and "stimulants" (drugs) to boost your player, and so on. That would be an amazing game, especially with Live support. Greg Kasavin gave it an 8.7 when he reviewed it, a decade ago.

#8 Posted by ShaggE (6333 posts) -

@Yorkin said:

Blood 1&2

Exactly what I came in to say. Duke 3D was an awesome port, and the rest of the major Build games would be a treat. Even Shadow Warrior. And if they get Blood 2 in there, that paves the way for Shogo.

But above all, I want some Rise of the Triad. Especially since all we got out of nu-Apogee's teaser was an iOS port...

#9 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7051 posts) -

Amnesia: The Dark Descent. My 65 inch TV is downstairs and my pc is upstairs. I want Amnesia on a giant screen with surround sound.

#10 Posted by Masha2932 (1241 posts) -

@Redbullet685 said:

I would love for there to be an HD remake of The Warriors on XBLA/PSN. I'd be all over that shit.

The warriors was a brilliant game! A fantastic combat system and the tone fit the movie as well. My cousin and I played that game a lot.

#11 Posted by JaredA (820 posts) -

I want Metal Gear Solid 1 for the xbox!

#12 Posted by GnaTSoL (791 posts) -

Phantom Dust with online, also Unreal champ 2 with online, and CVS 2. that is all.

#13 Posted by pw2566ch (480 posts) -

I'm surprised Sony hasn't released a shit ton of PS2 games on PSN yet. Where's all of the Final Fantasy's? Or maybe the Suikoden, Wild Arms, or Xenosaga series. Better yet, now that the PSP isn't relevant anymore, why not allow us to play PSP games on the PS3? Hell, I'll even sign up for a membership if that's what I have to do.

#14 Posted by Grimace (376 posts) -

Power Stone 2 - Could happen

WWF No Mercy - Will never happen

Sega Soccer Slam - I think it's an Xbox Original but I'm talking about a graphical upgrade and online play

#15 Posted by JJOR64 (18909 posts) -
#16 Posted by supamon (1333 posts) -

Tomba series or the first two katamari games for XBLA. Will never happen of course.

#17 Edited by wemibelec90 (1552 posts) -

@supamon said:

Tomba series or the first two katamari games for XBLA. Will never happen of course.

Aren't the Tomba games coming out on PSN, as Classics? Like soon?

I would pick Eternal Darkness. I've always wanted to play it and would love to do so without having to buy a Gamecube.

#18 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

Honestly, PSN has pretty much every noteworthy PS1 game as a playstation classic. While I wouldn't mind updated versions of some of those games (just tried to play Xenogears...it could use a new coat of paint), I can't really think of any ports I would like on either console.

#19 Posted by Zleunamme (651 posts) -

@JaredA: That is PS One game that has to be reconfigure for the Xbox. Konami doesn't want to spend time doing that. Which is why it wasn't included in any of the HD collections.

#20 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

Where is my Spyro PS1 games at, those games were great.

#21 Posted by Gamer_152 (14051 posts) -

I'd like to see the thatgamecompany games come to XBLA.

#22 Posted by Zleunamme (651 posts) -

I would like to see Rez for PSN. I wished ATLUS would release their other SMT games like Nocturne or Digital Devil saga.

#23 Posted by Timing (619 posts) -

I'd like it if Skies of Arcadia made its way to XBLA. The sound quality of the Dreamcast version with the extras of the GameCube version, that'd be great.

It might actually happen, too:

#24 Posted by Willin (1279 posts) -

I'd kill for port of Morrowind.

#25 Posted by KaneRobot (1420 posts) -

MGS1. Don't care if it's "HD Collection"-ish or not. Just fucking put it out on XBLA so we can get the full story prior to 4.

Phantom Dust with restored online play.

#26 Posted by supamon (1333 posts) -

@wemibelec90: Yeah but I don't own a PS3 =(

#27 Edited by egg (1450 posts) -

So we're just talking straight ports? I can only think of how I'd like to see games modified for their PSN/XBL release.

For instance FFX and Skies of Arcadia should have randomly triggered encounters removed

Sonic CD should get a director's cut version in which you play through all stages and time zones, or a mode where you can't proceed to the next stage until you finish that stage while in Good Future.

In terms of straight ports here's what I'd like to see:

• Daytona USA 2 (either version, but ideally both versions, or a mix of both)
  • Sonic Unleashed PS2Wii (come to think of it this probably makes more sense than releasing it as part of an HD collection)
  • See my list of PSone classics I want
  • obviously Bomberman Act Zero should be on PSN and XBL but with offline multiplayer added, and a quicksave feature and maybe even co-op. Also improve camera in third person mode, it felt a bit like maidwork trying to keep your camera just right, and having to move it left/right constantly while trying not to nudge it up/down in the process.
#28 Posted by Yorkin (139 posts) -

Those indie games out on steam would be awesome too; like Q.U.B.E and Vessel.

#29 Posted by Village_Guy (2493 posts) -
#30 Posted by WMWA (1160 posts) -
@MariachiMacabre
Amnesia: The Dark Descent. My 65 inch TV is downstairs and my pc is upstairs. I want Amnesia on a giant screen with surround sound.
I came in to this thread just to say this. And on PS3 the sixaxis stuff would actually be useful for once.
#31 Posted by wreakOnes (42 posts) -

Resident evil 0 and REmake. If only they could re-render those backgrounds at a higher resolution. This won't happen though considering the treatment that re4 got for it's not so HD update.

#32 Posted by PenguinDust (12450 posts) -

Infocom's text games from the 80's but voice enabled and read like an audio book. Toss in some artistic stills to look at, and I'd love to revisit these classics. This idea wouldn't necessarily be limited to PSN/XBLA but would also work on iOS/Android platforms.

#33 Posted by Yorkin (139 posts) -

And Legend of Grimrock! ok I'm done.

#34 Posted by Carryboy (631 posts) -
#35 Posted by MikkaQ (10268 posts) -

Annualized sports franchises. Why anyone pays 60 for the current year when last year is always like 3$ is baffling to me. Might as well make 'em a 15-20$ downloadable, strip out those terrible career modes and just make it exhibition matches and tournaments against AI, local and online players.

#36 Posted by ozzdog12 (856 posts) -

Obiviously...Killer Instinct on XBLA

#37 Posted by Bernoulli (154 posts) -

Capcom Alien vs Predator arcade beat em up

#38 Posted by M_Shini (550 posts) -

Any of the portable versions of persona.

A bunch of Psp games that don't have digital versions that i want on my vita like Crisis Core.

I want Ring Of Red on the eu psn store, i cba with using a us account and dealing with the hassle with psn cards.

#39 Posted by Grillbar (1797 posts) -

when i read the title i though you meant what game on ps3 did you want on xbla and vice versa. and i really wanted shadow complex on psn, that game was almost enough to get me to go out and buy an xbox.

i really want tomba to be on psn. it is apparently comming in the us but not europe so ill most likely just buy it of my american account.

Diablo 1 since it was released on Psx and with the high popularity of D3 there they could do it.

and a ton of other games that i dont want to list since it will take me forever

#40 Posted by Spoonman671 (4560 posts) -

All of them.  I want all of the games.

#41 Posted by Yummylee (21255 posts) -

Die Hard Arcade on either.

#42 Posted by Svenzon (713 posts) -

The Capcom Dungeons & Dragons games, Tower of Doom and Shadow over Mystara. Played through them both on MAME recently and they hold up remarkably well! I imagine they are stuck in Rights Limbo nowadays though, with TSR being long gone and all.