• 138 results
#1 Posted by MrBubbles (766 posts) -

I'm sure this has been posted before but I didn't want to dig through years of threads just to find it. With all these HD versions of games from the PS2 era coming out I got to wondering what games everyone would like to see get an HD update regardless if it would actually ever happen. I would love to see an HD Need for Speed Collection with my favorite games from that franchise like; Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit (my favorite NFS game of all time), Need for Speed: Underground (1 and 2). I would also love to see; Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2 (and Mysteries of the Sith expansion), Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast, the first 2 Thief games, Gothic 1 and 2, and Rainbow Six: Rouge Spear along with the Urban Operations expansion.

#2 Posted by Camoufrage (84 posts) -

The remake of the original Resident Evil! It's an odd choice, but I really do want to be able to play it on my PS3. Tired of using my Gamecube or an emulator to play it, because its friggin great!

Disgaea: Hour of Darkness would be awesome with the 1080p sprites from Disgaea 4, aswell.

#3 Posted by Animasta (14673 posts) -

FFXII with the zodiac job system or whatever it was.

square should re put out it's best game, after all.

#4 Posted by Hunter5024 (5635 posts) -

Shadow Hearts and Xenosaga, because it's hella expensive to get either of those trilogies.

@Animasta said:

square should fix it's worst game, after all.

Fixed!

#5 Posted by Somnus (83 posts) -

Dragon Quest 8, that would be sweet.

#6 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Breath of fire 3

#7 Posted by IsenTorr (39 posts) -

Dino Crisis 1 & 2. I loved these games back in the day (more than Resident Evil and Silent Hill). In fact they should just remake them or reboot the series and we can all forget that Dino Crisis 3 existed.

#8 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2217 posts) -

GTA: San Andreas, it's a shame the recent re release on the PSN is that of an emulated version.

#9 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

Star Wars: Battlefront II *cough*

#10 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2435 posts) -

Knights of the Old Republic and one of the old Rainbow Six games.

#11 Edited by Jeust (10555 posts) -
@Animasta said:

square should re put out it's best game, after all.

Yep! 

@Camoufrage  said: 

The remake of the original Resident Evil! It's an odd choice, but I really do want to be able to play it on my PS3. Tired of using my Gamecube or an emulator to play it, because its friggin great!

And Resident Evil Zero.

I would also want an updated version of Planescape: Torment, Parasite Eve 1 and 2 and .Hack Sign.
#12 Edited by C0V3RT (1377 posts) -
#13 Posted by Cashewual (157 posts) -

Grim Fandango, so I can get a chance to buy it and experience it. Make it so, Disney!

#14 Posted by darthslughorn (48 posts) -

Legend of Dragoon FTW!! Kotor could be cool too.

#15 Posted by von_wemberg (162 posts) -

I just want a proper release of Mother 1 and 3. Personally I'd like a break from all this HD remaking...

#16 Posted by JasonR86 (9658 posts) -

Skies of Arcadia

#17 Posted by WasabiCurry (422 posts) -

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 and PC please :3

#18 Edited by Wrighteous86 (3782 posts) -

Max Payne 1 & 2, Halo 2, Monkey Island 3, Sam & Max Hit the Road, Full Throttle, Grim Fandango.

#19 Posted by wrecks (2245 posts) -

Legacy of Kain

#20 Posted by Rafaelfc (1332 posts) -

Persona 4 for real consoles... I want to play it on a big ass TV not a handheld.

#21 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -

A Tony Hawks Pro Skater game in HD with responsive controls, stable physics and decent collision detection would be nice.

#22 Edited by Bobby_The_Great (1004 posts) -

Okami got one, so that's good. Throw in Halo 2, Resident Evil GC remake and maybe Final Fantasy IX, and I'd be pretty happy.

EDIT: Also Windwaker.

#23 Posted by KittyVonDoom (445 posts) -

Headhunter from the Dreamcast.

Maybe get those VMU features working while they're in there.

#24 Posted by BeachThunder (11849 posts) -

Metro 2033.

#25 Posted by wewantsthering (1564 posts) -

@Cashewual said:

Grim Fandango, so I can get a chance to buy it and experience it. Make it so, Disney!

YES

#26 Posted by MocBucket62 (1203 posts) -

F-Zero GX. The graphics for that game were some of the best the Gamecube could offer. An HD update on that would be sweet!

#27 Edited by uniform (1835 posts) -

You can pick up Grim Fandango on Ebay, Amazon, etc., for a reasonable price. Or if you already have the game, you only need the Data files. ResidualVM is a freeware program for Windows/Mac/Ubuntu that allows you to play the game on newer operating systems. Just some info for those that are not aware that you can indeed play it if you really want to.

#28 Posted by Bane122 (786 posts) -

REmake, RE2, Skies of Arcadia, Batman NES, FFIV-XII, Mario Sunshine, NES Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2, all 2D Metroids, Metal Gear 1 and 2, and, Zeldas 1, 2, LttP, MM, and Wind Waker

#29 Posted by Cashewual (157 posts) -

@uniform: It's seem like to much of chore to install the right software and import costs (I live in Sweden). Guess I'm just to lazy.

#30 Posted by believer258 (11808 posts) -

The Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Oh, I know you can get it working on an emulator. And that's fine. But let's say that Nintendo decided to take three of the greatest games ever made, patch-up the textures, added mouse control, and put it on Steam. My God, I would be in heaven. I know that won't happen, but just dream for a minute that it could.

#31 Posted by MightyMayorMike (423 posts) -

Homeworld 1 + 2, Freespace 1 + 2!

#32 Edited by uniform (1835 posts) -
@Cashewual said:

@uniform: It's seem like to much of chore to install the right software and import costs (I live in Sweden). Guess I'm just to lazy.

I understand. The big chore is indeed ordering it, and the wait, shipping costs. I'm fortunate to have purchased it back during its initial release. I was happy when I found out about ResidualVM. I'm actually currently re-playing Grim Fandango on my Samsung Galaxy SIII. 
#33 Edited by Roger778 (957 posts) -

Grim Fandango, because I would love to play it on my X-Box 360, and view it in 1080i resolution (That's the highest graphic setting on my T.V.)

Also, maybe even Knights of the old Republic 1 and 2.

#34 Edited by novacircuit (11 posts) -

I would REALLY enjoy some of the stylish Final Fantasy games. ff9 has a special spot in my heart and I would love to see this in HD.

ff8 would be nice too.. even ff10 would be great considering all the lush environments and water themes.

#35 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
#36 Posted by NecroMongo (64 posts) -

Tie Fighter

#37 Posted by Anund (883 posts) -

The Max Payne games came first to mind.

#38 Edited by kermoosh (911 posts) -

in terms of an hd upgrade, nothing really. while it may make the game more accessible and liven up the online multiplayer,

the games i loved from the past have been played to death and i'm perfectly fine with the graphics they currently have (ex: halo 1)

#39 Posted by ripelivejam (3816 posts) -

TIE FIGHTER

keep the gameplay (and hell, the music/sounds) EXACTLY the same, but give it the full HD once-over. best game of all games.

#40 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

@Hunter5024 said:

Shadow Hearts

#41 Posted by mikey87144 (1730 posts) -

Zone of the Enders. Loved the second one and I would love a HD remake to that.

#42 Posted by Atlas (2436 posts) -

Plenty of GameCube games deserve an HD upgrade. Eternal Darkness comes to mind.

#43 Posted by Yummylee (21546 posts) -

Resident Evil: Revelations... Also I'd certainly appreciate if I could play a HD'ified Shadow of Rome at 60fps with trophies on my PS3.

@Atlas said:

Plenty of GameCube games deserve an HD upgrade. Eternal Darkness comes to mind.

This, too.

#44 Posted by bananaz (256 posts) -

Breath of Fire 3, Grandia, Odin Sphere, maybe a real followup to FF Tactics. A real one, not a hand-held kingdom-heart-spin-off-thing I will never play ever.

Grandia needs it the most, though. It was ported to PS1 from, I think, Saturn. It looked bad even when I first played it on PS1. They would have to start from scratch now.

#45 Posted by C0V3RT (1377 posts) -
#46 Posted by Beforet (2916 posts) -

All the major Kingdom Hearts games in one bundle. All the PS2 Final Fantasy Games in one bundle (yes, including X-2. I want to give that game another shot)

#47 Posted by darkvare (765 posts) -

@Camoufrage: i still own my copy of that great game for the cube i know there's a wii version but i guess is not exaclty HD

anyways on topic i want my time splitters hd collection already

#48 Posted by RazielCuts (2952 posts) -

Shenmue.

#49 Posted by ripelivejam (3816 posts) -

@NecroMongo said:

Tie Fighter

d'oh, didn't see this

you've already got two sales lucasarts disney, make it happen

#50 Posted by Noli (101 posts) -

I wish to see old Tales of games in one big package and I really want some old good JRPGs from PS1 and 2 era.