Games you wish you were interested in, but aren't?

• 127 results
BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

I suppose this is a bit of a weird concept, but are there any games that you want to be interested in, but don't actually have any interest in?

For me, it's Child of Light. It certainly does seem interesting, but I just can't make myself care. I usually like WJRPGs, but looking at the gameplay, I can't say I have any real desire to play it. Also, even though it has an interesting art style, I don't think it's a good art style. They've said that it's supposed to look like concept art; personally, I love looking at concept art (I even love unlocking it in games), but I don't think that it's a great style for a finished product.

So, has there ever been a game that you feel like you probably should be interested in, but just can't muster any genuine interest for?

kraznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By kraznor

Watch_Dogs? I like open world action games, I have enjoyed Assassin's Creed titles in the past and I assume there is a ton of crossover with the people who made those, but I'm just not too keen on it for some reason.

neato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By neato

being way into crusader kings 2 or EVE online would be awesome. but it just won't happen.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Seikenfreak

Maybe Monster Hunter? I've played a couple of the games and for a little bit. I like the idea of it. But I just can't get into it like these other crazy people. One thing I'd like is if it was open world like Minecraft so you didn't have to keep going back to the same base and going out on missions to the same area etc. Should just be a big open Skyrim world with random monsters all over. Run away from crap you can't handle. And it should have stunning graphics.. stop putting this bullshit on handhelds and other sub-par systems.

Eve Online perhaps. I've heard a lot about it over the years and some giant free roaming space thing sounds cool. I think I maybe played a free trial of it off a PC Gamer disc many years ago? Or maybe that was something called Endless Space. No idea. But other parts of Eve sound ridiculously tedious and boring.

Maybe sprinkle in a couple older series like Castlevania or Megaman etc. My first system was a SNES when I was around 5-6 years old I'd guess but I never played those games at that early super impressionable age. But my friend of 15 years is very familiar with them so I watch him play them and he knows all the tricks and the history and I am amazed.

I completely understand people's enthusiasm and interest for these classic series but I just can't get into them. They don't hook me for whatever reason.

Random example: I bought Symphony of the Night as a PS1 Classic off PSN because I heard it was good and I like putting money towards things I like or appreciate or I want companies to make new versions of blah blah blah. I never got around to playing it myself until one random day said friend was over and scrolling through my PS3 stuff and noticed I had it and said something like "whaaaat you got this? you play it yet?" and I said nah so he boots it up and I watched him play through at least half the game I think over a couple hours it felt like and I enjoyed it. I can enjoy these games but I have no interest in playing them myself. It's weird.

Probably a million other games I can't think of until I click the Post button.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Pokémon. I missed the whole craze by an entire generation so up until now, I have never touched a Pokémon game at all, nor have I seen the TV show or ever so much as seen a round of the card game played. About once a month I'm tempted to pick up X & Y, but never actually do it.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sinusoidal

I really like the idea of driving and RTS games; however, whenever I play a driving game, I can't help but feel "I do this all the time in real life and don't enjoy it there either", and RTS games just constantly give me this stressful feeling that there's something I should be doing that I'm not, so I find it impossible to actually enjoy either genre.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watch_Dogs. There have just been too many setbacks with that game's development for me to not be super skeptical at this point. I lost interest in that game about 3 or 4 months ago. Oh well. That 60 bucks can go to some other game I guess.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Racing games. The only ones I got into were Burnout (not Paradise), Most Wanted (the original with the slow-mo) and Mario Kart. Dirt and that F1 game and Project Gotham all look fuckin awesome though. That one they played on Unfinished too. Not quite to the sim level like iRacing, but something somewhere between that and arcade racing.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By crithon

watch dogs, slowly it's been chipping away my interest away from it. Like the story trailer and the "magic smart phone."

Alien Isolation, survival horror isn't the solution, a good long hiatus of the franchise is. As an Alien fan, I miss the 80s comics and the toy series with off colored bull aliens.

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

Dota 2.. I see everyone playing it on Steam for hundreds of hours but I have no interest in playing it whatsoever. Same thing goes for Starcraft 2.

toastface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By toastface

Elder Scrolls Online.

I was, and still am keen to get in on an MMO at the ground floor when it's popular, but after watching the 2 part quick look here, I don't think I can justify $90 + a subscription for what looked like a rather boring experience.

Feedbacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crusader Kings 2. I enjoy the concept, the open-ended nature, and I enjoy watching others play it. A friend even feeds me info about it often and gave me a hell of a live tutorial. But when I sit down and play it, I'm like a deer in headlights.

MLB: The Show. I have never been into sports sims in general. But I'm a huge baseball fan and I really appreciate the intricacies of The Show series, so I wish I could get into it. I buy it once every few years, hoping I'll experience some revelation, but it never happens.

DotA2. I already play fighting games and I just don't think I'm willing to be patient and dedicated enough for another competitive genre. I had fun when I tried playing it and I enjoy watching it andf learning about it, but I'll probably just remain a spectator.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most new JRPGs. They used to be my jam up until around 2005, but now whenever one comes out that everyone says is "sooooo good" or "seriously the one you should check out" I just see the generic anime art style, trope-laden melodrama, and the grindy, repetitive gameplay and my eyes just glaze over. I wish I could feel that spark with the genre that I used to.

Persona has done a pretty good job of avoiding most of what I dislike about JRPGs, at least to the extent that I can enjoy playing the games. It's just a shame that games like that only come out twice per decade.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#14  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Crusader Kings seems utterly fascinating, but I don't have much of an interest in actually playing it.

Avatar image for thebluthcompany
TheBluthCompany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

My brother is a Total War fan, but I would just cheat while playing. Also EVE seems fascinating. Could never get into it though.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish I was interested in pretty much every game I'm not interested in.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dark Souls 2 I suppose, I wish I was more enticed to play it since I own it, but I have only played 3 or so hours I think...

Crusader Kings and that style of game in general, seems super fascinating but I can't get myself to play it, since I don't really enjoy it that much.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Seikenfreak

Thanks for all this Crusader Kings 2 mentions. Don't think I ever heard of it til now. Watching a Let's Play. Looks exactly like the sort of game that I have no chance of playing/understanding but am intrigued and learn what the game is even about.

Edit: Oh is there no like Total War type RTS battle sequences? I've suddenly lost a lot of interest. I hope I am wrong.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By MEATBALL

Dark Souls 2. Not so much not interested in it, I've enjoyed watching Giant Bomb's videos about it, and even enjoyed the time I spent with it...but I've found myself with just zero desire to go back to it, and I only got as far as The Pursuer. Dark Souls dropped off quickly for me too. The series just isn't for me and that bums me out because the games are clearly excellent.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

MMOs. I've tried so many times to get into them. But I just can't do it. They all seem like something I would/should enjoy. But for some reason or another I just can't get into that style of rpg.

ColossalGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By ColossalGhost
@seikenfreak said:

Thanks for all this Crusader Kings 2 mentions. Don't think I ever heard of it til now. Watching a Let's Play. Looks exactly like the sort of game that I have no chance of playing/understanding but am intrigued and learn what the game is even about.

Edit: Oh is there no like Total War type RTS battle sequences? I've suddenly lost a lot of interest. I hope I am wrong.

Crusader Kings II is very limited in its combat mechanics. You have no control over how the battles play out and, have to rely on having more numbers and stupid enemy AI.

Soberdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sterling: You and me both. I've got friends to play with, tried a lot of MMOs but I could never get into the games like them.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By EVO

I'm interested in seeing what contraptions and stuff come out of Minecraft, but I have no desire to play the game.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Have to be Dark Souls for me also. The fact that everyone else is mad for it really puts me off even more. I like the idea of the game but I find the animations slow and lofty, and the game's pace is too slow.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Civilization. I know I'd love it, but I've never actually played it. One day I'll take the plunge, and I'm sure I'll ask myself after, what I did with my life up until then...

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hearthstone, or any CCG really. They seem so addictive and dynamic once you get into them. I love the simple, yet endlessly complex, idea of a card game. And to think Hearthstone is on mobile platforms now, gee. I really wished I had more interest in actually playing it.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Borderlands and other loot games. I really like co-op games, and so these sort of games just seem great value for me. But I just find the games too repetitive, and I don't find watching numbers arbitrarily increase compelling.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I have come to accept that some things just are not for me. I suppose if anything I wish I still had the patience to play JRPGs. Both Suikoden V and Persona 4 sits half-finished and I played a few hours of FFXIII, but at some point I just stopped. And that's the only JRPG post PS2 era I even touched.

Cloudleet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Diablo III.

I own it (got it for free with the yearlong sub to WoW), I've played it for 2 hours? It just won't hype me up like Diablo 2 did, and I know that the game was sort of broken at launch and that Reaper of Souls is supposed to be great, but I just can't for the life of me double-click that icon and go back in.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Persona, final fantasy, tales of vesperia, and just a whole bunch of jrpgs in general. I want to try to be interested in them since two of my friends loves those types of games, but I just can't. Games like that looks boring as fuck to me. On top of that the whole Japanese weird style just doesn't appeal to me.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

It might be Child of Light for me as well. I mean, I'm a little interested, but it doesn't look like it has a lot of depth. I might be completely wrong on that when it comes out.

Also, Dragon Age Origins has some really boring conversations.

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#32  Edited By hollitz

Platformers.

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shooters. I used to buy the new Call of Duty every year and played shooters almost exclusively I think doing that burnt me out on the entire genre. It seems I only play strategy games and Spelunky now.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I visit this website... so Dark Souls for sure

Because quite frankly the past 6months or so has been pretty shit for people who don't like this game as far as content goes.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 sweep  Moderator

I always wanted to be good at fighting games, but it's just never going to happen.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@sweep said:

I always wanted to be good at fighting games, but it's just never going to happen.

the only combo I've ever successfully pulled off in a fighting game is Lee's 'run up their chest and then land on them' move from Tekken

ExiledVip3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty much any competitive multiplayer game these days. Dota 2 would be the stand out right now though.

I really liked competitive multiplayer games many years ago, was fun to get good enough at a game to be considered the guy in public servers carrying the team and leaderboards, or starting rivalries and making friends with people you commonly match with. My fondest memories and best friends all come from these types of games, but for past couple years the thought of playing any competitive multiplayer game enough to reach that point just sounds so tedious and unappealing, I'm usually bored and done with a multiplayer mode after one afternoon now.

I fear I'm getting old and have just started to prefer watching/hearing people talk about video games rather than actually playing them myself.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Marcsman

Dark Souls II. Sadly I am not purchasing anymore PS3 games.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sweep said:

Was gonna say the same. Seems like a genre that is very interesting once you get deep into it, but the barrier to entry is just way too high.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#40  Edited By TobbRobb

Any MMO's. In concept, they should be so far up my alley I could cough em up. But in execution they just all fall flat. :(

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#41 chaser324  Moderator

@ares42 said:

@sweep said:

Was gonna say the same. Seems like a genre that is very interesting once you get deep into it, but the barrier to entry is just way too high.

Same here. I dabble here and there, but I've never been able to nail the execution consistently enough to even begin considering strategy.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Multiplayer games in general, I just don't enjoy online multi but I wish I did so I would play with friends and everything, feel similar about MMOs but not as much.

Mayu_Zane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I wish I could enjoy Dwarf Fortress. Folks seem to come up with amazing and/or hilarious stories from playing that game, but I really can't stand the interface.

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Burnout Paradise

... I just don't like racing games, but that one looks so cool and the GB crew seem to Love it (at least Jeff does).

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A MMO. I wish I could get sucked into a good MMO and always have it to play. I'm hoping Elder Scrolls Online for consoles will do it for me since I'm more of a console gamer.

bluefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By bluefish

the Witcher games

the Persona games

the Souls games

They all seem like things that, had I come across them at the right time would have been central in my gaming life.

But nope.

Burnout Paradise

... I just don't like racing games, but that one looks so cool and the GB crew seem to Love it (at least Jeff does).

I love racing games but I never was able to really enjoy that game. I have no idea why Jeff (and others around the gaming press) liked it so much.

Rxanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#47  Edited By Rxanadu

Final Fantasy games: I kinda want to play Lightning Returns due to its faster-paced combat, but it's still JRPG combat

Rogue-likes: the concept of playing a different version of the game every time you played it, but I just don't get into playing games for high scores

RTS games: I liked the first mission of Dawn of War, but I'm actually scared of screwing up where to place all of my resources.

Persona series: I like seeing others play the series, but I found getting Social Links to be to scummy for me. Being the "yes man" for all of these characters made me feel like I was using all of those guys.

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#48  Edited By Anund

@neato said:

being way into crusader kings 2 or EVE online would be awesome. but it just won't happen.

Interesting, you picked the two games I instantly thought of when I read the title of this thread.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I really like the idea of Monster Hunter, but the execution's just not my cup of tea.

GTA is another series I wish I liked, but just can't get into. I love open world games, but when I tried 4 a year or so ago it just wasn't fun.

Elder Scrolls online. The basic structure of an MMO (fetch quests and raids) just doesn't work for me. I'm a huge Elder scolls fan, so I've been sort of wanting to try ESO, but the fact that it's an MMO has kept me away.

Dragon Age. I don't know why I can't get into it. I love Mass Effect, but Dragon age just doesn't seem that interesting to me.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#50  Edited By Jeust

I would love to stand Ico and Shadow of the Collossus, but they are too monotonous to me.

The Resident Evil Zero and Remake too, they are tedious also, with the puzzle solving and labirintic settings.

I've gotten used to the modern thrills and pacing.